Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Looks like Bleeding Cool is suggesting a revisit to OMD September's Amazing...

Looks like Bleeding Cool is stroking the OMD Flames with their prediction of the event being revisited in Next month's of Amazings Spider-man.
    As fans of the character and the overall series: What do you think of this ?

To me I think it's playing with fire and we might get something else down the line given the small hints to it being certain events are occurring again via Aunt May got Cancer and MJ going West to Hollywood.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...n-29-spoilers/

Thumbs up

Unless Peter keeps knowledge of the deal or the deal is undone it should not be revisited. IMO, to revisit OMD without resolution would only rub salt in an open wound further polarising the fanbase and critics. OMD is one can of worms which should remain unopened.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I think that will be the issue 50 story.

I mean, we knew this was coming, no? Peter and MJ back together, Mephisto showing up in other books and messing with the Spider-Men, Aunt May with her condition...the moment is pretty clear that they're going to revisit it (maybe not undo it completely, but you never know). So this isn't a surprise. I figured Spencer would tackle it: his run has been addressing the damage done to the Spider-Mythos (Kraven's resurrection, Black Cat, Jonah and Peter, Peter and MJ), so for this, it was only a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    I think that will be the issue 50 story.
    The way it's shaping up, you may be absolutely right!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I mean, we knew this was coming, no? Peter and MJ back together, Mephisto showing up in other books and messing with the Spider-Men, Aunt May with her condition...the moment is pretty clear that they're going to revisit it (maybe not undo it completely, but you never know). So this isn't a surprise. I figured Spencer would tackle it: his run has been addressing the damage done to the Spider-Mythos (Kraven's resurrection, Black Cat, Jonah and Peter, Peter and MJ), so for this, it was only a matter of time.
    Wait till it screws it up even more. That’ be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Wait till it screws it up even more. That’ be fun to watch.
    Can you please? You've been plenty vocal about your displeasure with this run.

This looks like a clickbait article. They say they learned it may be revisited in September but then offer no explination or example of such proof. I was looking for SOMETHING / ANYTHING in the article to show any indication that the storyline would be revisited and see none. I mean.... no tease, nothing we don't already know.

This has got to be the least legit article I've seen from them in a long time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    This looks like a clickbait article.
    Clickbait? From Bleeding Cool?? Say it isn't so!

...This has got to be the least legit article I've seen from them in a long time.
    It's Bleeding Cool after all.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'll just quote what I said over in the OMD & TASM 800 thread;

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    Or the much anticipated "undoing" of One More Day/reinstating of the Parker-Watson marriage.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Incredible Member

This looks like a clickbait article. They say they learned it may be revisited in September but then offer no explination or example of such proof. I was looking for SOMETHING / ANYTHING in the article to show any indication that the storyline would be revisited and see none. I mean.... no tease, nothing we don't already know.

This has got to be the least legit article I've seen from them in a long time.
    I have been doing this for 27 years, and have been right time after time after time. I think I might at least be worth the benefit of the doubt.

How about this - care to put money on it?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It's Bleeding Cool after all.
    The site that span out of CBR's own Lying In The Gutters and has been right time after time after time?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    The site that span out of CBR's own Lying In The Gutters and has been right time after time after time?
    It's hilarious how someone whose whole professional existence is all about spreading hit or miss rumors, industry spoilers, and juvenile snark becomes so indignant whenever it's suggested that their clickbait-y gossip site is regarded by most as being, you know, a clickbait-y gossip site.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    I have been doing this for 27 years, and have been right time after time after time. I think I might at least be worth the benefit of the doubt.

How about this - care to put money on it?
    Nah, that’s ok. I’ll just leave it at this: I have strong doubts for now. I mean, you did not offer any new info and only provided a solicit to issue 29 which has been out for a while.

I guess we’ll find out in September.