Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52
  1. #31
    Mighty Member Zeitgeist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    1,326

    Default

    *lights candles on a pentagram*
    Rich Johnston
    Rich Johnston
    Rich Johnston
    ♪ღ♪*..* *..*♪ღ♪.* *..*♪ღ♪*

    ♪ღ♪░M░E░P░H░I░S░T░O░ W░A░S░ R░I░G░H░T░♪ღ♪

    *♪ღ♪*..* *..*♪.* *..*♪ღ♪

  2. #32

    Default

    Am I the only one disappointed that Bleeding Cool spoiled the ending? It's more powerful if we're not looking for some kind of One More Day connection, and they then posted an article with scans of the ending at 9:01 AM Eastern Time the day the issue came out.

  3. #33
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Ok, so it looks like the article wasn't based on nothing after all, but I still think it's a stretch to say that this plot development is a reivist to the One More Day storyline. At this point it could still be completely not revisited at all but this certainly does make it seem it will be touched on some time in the future.
    I would look to Peter's specific words as evidence that this is a revisit to One More Day. Of course you may never ever get more than this page. But it is a revisit to One More Day.

  4. #34
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    johnston i know that you know that i know that you know when the inhumans relaunch is coming and i also know that you know that i know you're reading this so spill that alfredo sauce, bro!
    As far as I know, Inhumans are currently regarded as toxic. Inhumanity is being removed wherever it can be. Lockjaw and Ms Marvel will be it and their inhumanity hardly referred to.

  5. #35
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    As far as I know, Inhumans are currently regarded as toxic. Inhumanity is being removed wherever it can be. Lockjaw and Ms Marvel will be it and their inhumanity hardly referred to.

  6. #36
    Mighty Member Zeitgeist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    1,326

    Default

    Karnak didn't deserve this

    Also my candles worked!
    Last edited by Zeitgeist; 09-16-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    ♪ღ♪*..* *..*♪ღ♪.* *..*♪ღ♪*

    ♪ღ♪░M░E░P░H░I░S░T░O░ W░A░S░ R░I░G░H░T░♪ღ♪

    *♪ღ♪*..* *..*♪.* *..*♪ღ♪

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Am I the only one disappointed that Bleeding Cool spoiled the ending? It's more powerful if we're not looking for some kind of One More Day connection, and they then posted an article with scans of the ending at 9:01 AM Eastern Time the day the issue came out.
    aren't scans generally available as soon as issues come out anyway? or did BC do this in a way that was unavoidable for readers
    troo fan or death

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    aren't scans generally available as soon as issues come out anyway? or did BC do this in a way that was unavoidable for readers
    Readers can buy digital copies at cover price, and there may be pirate copies available pretty quickly.

    What bothered me was Bleeding Cool doing scans before most comics shops in the US open. They were getting clicks and ad revenue off of Marvel's content.

  9. #39
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Mephisto Strikes Again!

  10. #40
    Incredible Member Seto Kaiba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    562

    Default

    They should just drop OMD and all the hints to it. It happened. It's been over a decade. Peter and MJ are together again and seem even more in love than ever. If you MUST revisit it, then point out that last fact. That Peter and MJ are madly in love and not even Mephisto could overpower it. But DON'T erase it. Don't snap your fingers and have them married again. That would be even worse and the time for that has passed.

  11. #41
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    They should just drop OMD and all the hints to it. It happened. It's been over a decade. Peter and MJ are together again and seem even more in love than ever. If you MUST revisit it, then point out that last fact. That Peter and MJ are madly in love and not even Mephisto could overpower it. But DON'T erase it. Don't snap your fingers and have them married again. That would be even worse and the time for that has passed.
    I mean, considering that Spencer suddenly made Peter and MJ be back together in the first issue of his run, despite the last issues of Slott's run clearly stabilishing that MJ wasn't ready to get back together... I'd say that Peter and MJ being suddenly married again is fair game if Marvel were to consider it, 'cause comic books may not give a damn about things like organicaly making characters get together.

  12. #42
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I mean, considering that Spencer suddenly made Peter and MJ be back together in the first issue of his run, despite the last issues of Slott's run clearly stabilishing that MJ wasn't ready to get back together... I'd say that Peter and MJ being suddenly married again is fair game if Marvel were to consider it, 'cause comic books may not give a damn about things like organicaly making characters get together.
    Heard a fan theory that Spencer's stuff started by "fixing" Slott's take and deconstructing why that was "wrong" and "rebuilding" it into what things should be. Was never sure if there was any truth to that, or just a fan projecting their own opinions on things.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,559

    Default

    In Slott's defense, I actually think he was trying to set up Peter and MJ in his final issue, Go Down Swinging. For instance, MJ allies with Peter and Venom to stop Red Goblin and she actually sounds miffed when Peter calls her "one of the people he loves" and she says "one of the" when she clearly expected "the".

    Slott obviously knew going into GDS that Spencer was taking over and he would have been told what Spencer's plans were in terms of what he could or couldn't do. MJ wasn't a presence in his run until the lead to GDS.

    Of course he still wrote her badly, but then Slott wrote every member of the supporting cast in a garish caricaturish way. Most apparent in GDS but a general feature throughout his run.

  14. #44
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,211

    Default

    I wouldn't be surprised if Slott didn't know anything about who was following him on ASM when he plotted his last arc. I think editorial dropped the ball on the handling of Peter/MJ between the end of Slott's run, and the beginning of Spencer's.

  15. #45
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    In Slott's defense, I actually think he was trying to set up Peter and MJ in his final issue, Go Down Swinging. For instance, MJ allies with Peter and Venom to stop Red Goblin and she actually sounds miffed when Peter calls her "one of the people he loves" and she says "one of the" when she clearly expected "the".

    Slott obviously knew going into GDS that Spencer was taking over and he would have been told what Spencer's plans were in terms of what he could or couldn't do. MJ wasn't a presence in his run until the lead to GDS.

    Of course he still wrote her badly, but then Slott wrote every member of the supporting cast in a garish caricaturish way. Most apparent in GDS but a general feature throughout his run.
    "They had us in the first half, not gonna lie..." XD
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •