Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I don't know how much more Rich knows than he insinuates in the article, but revisiting OMD has a number of possible meanings, some of which are more momentous than others. Just to spitball with a few:

1. Peter proposes again (third time's the charm!) and MJ turns him down (setting up her new miniseries, much like Catwoman getting her own series after baling on Bats). Perhaps we'll see a little red bird take a dump on her shirt while she's deciding and that's the sign that tells her to say no.

2. Peter and MJ start discussing marriage and they keep getting distracted by a plague of red locusts. Peter thinks the whole thing is odd, and that starts his journey to asking questions of mystical people about the incident, thus leading him to discover the deal

3. Peter proposes, MJ tells him why she has to say no (the deal from OMD, since she may or may not remember it), Peter is gobsmacked

4. Aunt May's cancer gets addressed, and she becomes miraculously cured, leading Peter to be suspicious of her newfound immortality
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Fantastic Member

Could be possible, doesn't mean a reversal, though. Just addressing the storyline, in a sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    1. Peter proposes again (third time's the charm!)
    I don't know what you mean here. But regardless of OMD-OMIT, Mary Jane did say yes to Peter the second time he proposed. Remember Peter stood her up at the altar. She made it, not him. So there's no "third time's the charm here".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I don't know what you mean here. But regardless of OMD-OMIT, Mary Jane did say yes to Peter the second time he proposed. Remember Peter stood her up at the altar. She made it, not him. So there's no "third time's the charm here".
    Do you consider a proposal successful if the marriage doesn't happen? I'd lean towards no - the purpose of the proposal is to secure a hand in marriage, I'd think, but it's an entirely personal opinion.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Do you consider a proposal successful if the marriage doesn't happen
    Yes. Especially since that's not the reason why the marriage didn't happen. The marriage didn't happen in OMIT because Mephisto interfered and pulled the strings. It wasn't grounded in the character's choices and actions. Mephisto warped the world so that a brick thrown by a shlub transformed into an Olympic discuss thrower cancelled out Peter's strength. In the words of Killer Croc, "I threw a rock at him...it was a big rock."

More broadly, I have issue with this stuff about proposal as if it was MJ's fault that the marriage didn't happen in OMIT, and trying to make it like MJ is the one turning down Peter's proposals. The fact is she did say yes and did go ahead with the marriage and absolutely would have gone ahead if not for Mephisto. She did show up at the wedding and got humiliated in the process for being stood up.

I stopped collecting Spider-Man shorty after Slott took over. I never really enjoyed his run with one of the main reasons being the lack of Peter and MJ together. This mindset that Marvel and Joe Quesada adopted where a married Spider-Man somehow limited him was always puzzling to me. Then you throw in OMD which is probably the worst written story and concept that I’ve ever come across on top of that. Got back into the world of Spider-Man a few months ago and I’m loving what Spencer is doing with the character. He seems to be a big fan of the Peter/MJ relationship which is a big win for me.

However I’m not really sure I want this OMD story revisited. Just let it die already and never reopen that disgusting can of worms. If somehow this is true and it turns into Peter/MJ remembering everything and so on then I could possibly be ok with that. I just can’t see Marvel ever undoing it though and reinstating The marriage though....

I guess one can hope ....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It's hilarious how someone whose whole professional existence is all about spreading hit or miss rumors, industry spoilers, and juvenile snark becomes so indignant whenever it's suggested that their clickbait-y gossip site is regarded by most as being, you know, a clickbait-y gossip site.
    Because it's more like hit and hit and hit and hit and hit and hit and hit and hit and hit and miss and hit and hit and hit and hit... but no, I'm not writing clickbait. You get what's promised, no baiting going on...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Nah, that’s ok. I’ll just leave it at this: I have strong doubts for now. I mean, you did not offer any new info and only provided a solicit to issue 29 which has been out for a while.

I guess we’ll find out in September.
    Yes, I can't do more than that for what I hope are obvious reasons. Just wanted to put my money where my mouth was. Maybe when #29 is out you'll have fewer doubts the following time...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Yes, I can't do more than that for what I hope are obvious reasons. Just wanted to put my money where my mouth was. Maybe when #29 is out you'll have fewer doubts the following time...
    I think Rich is right on this one. It’s painfully obvious to anyone paying attention that Kindred is the fragment of Peter’s soul that Mephisto said would scream in agony for all eternity with memory of what happened.

Anybody acting like Rich / Bleeding Cool doesn't have a very solid track record is fooling themselves.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Can you please? You've been plenty vocal about your displeasure with this run.
    You’re not a comic book fan unless you’re constantly whining about other people’s opinions. That’s life.

what if mephisto and kindred held hands and kissed at the morbius movie premiere
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Ok, so it looks like the article wasn't based on nothing after all, but I still think it's a stretch to say that this plot development is a reivist to the One More Day storyline. At this point it could still be completely not revisited at all but this certainly does make it seem it will be touched on some time in the future.

Love it when Rich does his best Bloody Mary impression.
    Get out of my bathroom mirror, you scamp!

Also, is there an actual citation to the "overall fall of Spider-Man readers"?
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

johnston i know that you know that i know that you know when the inhumans relaunch is coming and i also know that you know that i know you're reading this so spill that alfredo sauce, bro!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate