Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Actually, Spencer did give a reason for the suddenness. In issue #10, she explains that they were stuck in this pattern and that they realized their feelings for each other after Flash died. "Life is short," MJ says. It's an interesting scenario really, because of how close to death Peter's been several times, but having a close mutual friend die is something that triggered their resumed romance.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Actually, Spencer did give a reason for the suddenness. In issue #10, she explains that they were stuck in this pattern and that they realized their feelings for each other after Flash died. "Life is short," MJ says. It's an interesting scenario really, because of how close to death Peter's been several times, but having a close mutual friend die is something that triggered their resumed romance.
    That looks like it was Spencer fixing his screw up, since issue#1 makes it look like Peter was the problem and he just needed to apologize for her to get back, if anything, with issue#10 in mind, she should've been the one to reach out to him, and explain it's because of Flash's death she had an epiphany, but hey, kudos to Spencer for giving an actual reason for MJ to get back to Peter, so I'll admit I was wrong about him doing nothing with MJ's development.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 09-18-2019 at 12:10 PM.

To be fair, she did reject Peter two issues before that, and Aunt May still exists, so being miffed at being "near" the top instead of the top, that would make her really arrogant to think she should be in the highest spot while not doing much to deserve it lol.
    Yeah seriously, doesn't make her look great at all if that was her actual attitude.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

BANNED

And the way Slott handled Peter and MJ in GDS, either he didn't know Spencer's plan so he decided to make one last bait to annoy PeterxMJ fans, or he knew, and maybe didn't think that the PeterxMJ bait would make no sense with them getting back together in Spencer's run so soon, or he was just being a douche to Spencer, and probably to annoy PeterxMJ fans while he was at it.
    Or maybe, Slott wanted to give Spencer a win and not spoil things by hinting at it. Spencer's first issue sold really well and the spoiler of Peter and MJ kissing and getting back together was really well-hidden and not promoted. She's not in the cover after all.

I think less of Slott more than most, but in that case, I don't think he's acting of malice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Yeah seriously, doesn't make her look great at all if that was her actual attitude.
    It's Slott. He doesn't do humanity well. I mean ending GDS with Peter telling Ock that things are square between them is even bigger stretch. And in general, the way Liz Allan was written was quite poor.

Like I said Slott stretched and made everyone really garish and caricaturish and that's true of his entire run. So his version of MJ is this tsundere type. Liz Allan is basically a sitcom bossy b-word. Octopus despite being a fraud and a conman is somehow a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    It's possibly the case:

It's kinda hard to tell since the other panels don't continue this specific dialogue, and MJ's expression is looking neutral, of course, MJ being sassy like she is, she could be just messing with Peter, on the other hand, under Slott she can be a bitch, so maybe it's the arrogant one, or something else I didn't consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Or maybe, Slott wanted to give Spencer a win and not spoil things by hinting at it. Spencer's first issue sold really well and the spoiler of Peter and MJ kissing and getting back together was really well-hidden and not promoted. She's not in the cover after all.

I think less of Slott more than most, but in that case, I don't think he's acting of malice.
    If that's the case then it's just poor writting and poor planning, Slott didn't have to do anything with MJ and Peter's relationship to "hide" that Spencer was gonna use her, she wasn't in ASM for a while and last time she had showed up she was being a bitch to Peter and was talking about how glad she is that she's not part of his life anymore, and then he makes her return in ASM#796 with her saying that she kinda misses Spidey, then #797 has her making out with him and then she rejects him because... He's Spider-Man, dumping in the the trash bin what she had said in the previous issue, and changing nothing of how he left Peter's and MJ's relationship from the last time he used them, except that maybe MJ is slightly less of a bitch, and somehow that's supposed to lead up to Spencer making them be back together in a way that makes absolutely no sense since Peter had no reason at all to apologize to her?

If Slott didn't do that out of malice to Spencer, or fans, but instead as a way to help pave the way to Spencer's run, then, he did a pretty damn bad job at it since the whole thing read like a mean spirited joke, and if you remove the romantic sequence, again, leaves Peter and MJ in the same spot of "we can't get back together", and Spencer was even worse at it since the way they get back together goes against the problems Slott gave to the relationship.

In short, if your theory is correct, those two really need to learn how to plan better lol.

It's Slott. He doesn't do humanity well. I mean ending GDS with Peter telling Ock that things are square between them is even bigger stretch. And in general, the way Liz Allan was written was quite poor.
    To be fair, something like that is expected, Slott is the same guy who made Peter be okay with the whole Superior **** simply because "He made Aunt May stop limping", yeah, that one good action compensates all the horrible things he did... Top tier understanding of an emotional character like Peter who got more pissed at less.

Astonishing Member

It's possibly the case:

It's kinda hard to tell since the other panels don't continue this specific dialogue, and MJ's expression is looking neutral, of course, MJ being sassy like she is, she could be just messing with Peter, on the other hand, under Slott she can be a bitch, so maybe it's the arrogant one, or something else I didn't consider.

If that's the case then it's just poor writting and poor planning, Slott didn't have to do anything with MJ and Peter's relationship to "hide" that Spencer was gonna use her, she wasn't in ASM for a while and last time she had showed up she was being a bitch to Peter and was talking about how glad she is that she's not part of his life anymore, and then he makes her return in ASM#796 with her saying that she kinda misses Spidey, then #797 has her making out with him and then she rejects him because... He's Spider-Man, dumping in the the trash bin what she had said in the previous issue, and changing nothing of how he left Peter's and MJ's relationship from the last time he used them, except that maybe MJ is slightly less of a bitch, and somehow that's supposed to lead up to Spencer making them be back together in a way that makes absolutely no sense since Peter had no reason at all to apologize to her?

If Slott didn't do that out of malice to Spencer, or fans, but instead as a way to help pave the way to Spencer's run, then, he did a pretty damn bad job at it since the whole thing read like a mean spirited joke, and if you remove the romantic sequence, again, leaves Peter and MJ in the same spot of "we can't get back together", and Spencer was even worse at it since the way they get back together goes against the problems Slott gave to the relationship.

In short, if your theory is correct, those two really need to learn how to plan better lol.

To be fair, something like that is expected, Slott is the same guy who made Peter be okay with the whole Superior **** simply because "He made Aunt May stop limping", yeah, that one good action compensates all the horrible things he did... Top tier understanding of an emotional character like Peter who got more pissed at less.
    The real reason for Superior was Dan Slott loved Otto, nothing more nothing less. You are correct that certain bad guys who did less to Pete ( Michael Morbius for one) are despised by Pete more then Doc Ock. In fact, you can make an argument that except For Green Goblin/Osborn, he has done more harm then any reoccuring villian to Pete.

It's possibly the case:

It's not great, but I'd chalk it up to sass.
    Dan Slott has a good few pros but I'd never list character nuance as one of them.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«