1 3.57%
  • Abra Kadabra

0 0%
  • Heat Wave (Mick Rory)

1 3.57%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Favorite Silver Age Flash Rogue

So, who is your favorite silver age rogue? Mine is James Jesse. I just find him entertaining. I liked him in 1990s Impulse, too, but I am answering based on the silver age stories. Villains usually bore me, but he could be fun sometimes.

No choice for other?

Eobard Thawne aka Professor Zoom the Reverse-Flash

Okay, I'll admit to forgetting Mr. Element, but I left Thawne out on purpose, since he never associated with the Rogues group in the Silver Age, as far I remember. Actually, I'm not sure poor Albert did, either.

Retired

I mainly think of the Rogues as being the boys from Central City--no time travellers or gorillas allowed. They're the guys who are living in the city (or close to it, depending where they're imprisoned), so they spend a lot of time together and form friendships--even while not engendering much trust. Of those, it's hard to pick and choose. It comes down to Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Trickster and Mirror Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I mainly think of the Rogues as being the boys from Central City--no time travellers or gorillas allowed. They're the guys who are living in the city (or close to it, depending where they're imprisoned), so they spend a lot of time together and form friendships--even while not engendering much trust. Of those, it's hard to pick and choose. It comes down to Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Trickster and Mirror Master.
    That's probably pretty fair. I don't typically think of Grodd or Abra Kadabra, I admit, but they were on the list I used for reference so I wouldn't forget anyone (and Mister Element wasn't). I like him better as Element than Alchemy, though.

Not having read a ton of silver age Flash I was boring and voted for Captain Cold. The man made his first appearance completely ready to ruin Barry's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Same. If Grodd and Kadabra are in, I'd think Professor Zoom would be too. So I'm just ignoring the two I think don't belong and voting for The Top. (Absence makes the heart grow fonder.)

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I loves me some Captain Cold and Boomerbutt, but nothing tops an evil telepathic gorilla from a secret city of super-gorillas. That's some comic book gold there.

Morrison's later wrinkle that Grodd eats people sealed the deal for me (this was Morrison's addition, right?)