Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default SHAZAM! The World's Mightiest Movie!

I questioned this movie for a long time, but for some reason the latest commercial really struck a chord with me. There was nothing revelatory about it, no clue about the plot. But it just seemed to strike a great mixture of silliness and complexity and dramatic crisis. I dunno. Really looking forward to this.

Not sure if I'm hoping this is part of the DCEU or not. There are advantages both ways, from all appearances.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Just watched the teaser to the second trailer (the one you saw).
    But the full second trailer releases 1/22.

It looks so much better than I could have imagined and my excitement went way up.

EDIT: 1/22 has passed, the full trailer drop for 1/22 was a rumor that has since been proven false.
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 01-27-2019 at 11:19 AM.

I said it in the first teaser, and I'll say it again. This just looks fun, and honestly I'm glad they're going in this direction. A kid gets to turn into an adult with super powers, they should absolutely have as much with that premise as they can.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

I am excited to see this movie. Can't wait!

I won't say I'm excited about the movie because DC's track record is still sort of hit and miss. I need at least 2 good ones in a row for me to start allowing myself to get excited over their movies.

But I will say it looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I won't say I'm excited about the movie because DC's track record is still sort of hit and miss. I need at least 2 good ones in a row for me to start allowing myself to get excited over their movies.

But I will say it looks fun.
    The aspect of DCEU movies that people had the biggest problem with was the dark tone that Snyder brought. There is nothing that we've seen in any Shazam imagery or clips that would suggest that this is a continuation of that. I liked Snyder, but I think Warners realizes that it's an uphill battle to stick with him, so they ain't gonna.

Neither Snyder nor his production company is listed as having anything to do with Shazam. Zach Levi chewing bubble gum and drinking slurpees in publicity photos speak volumes about the direction they're going.

I think it's safe to assume that this will be more Wan-Aquaman-like if anything given that it's being directed by David Sandberg, and he's worked with Wan as his producer on his 2 previous films.

I'd guess that just as Wan used Geoff Johns' Aquaman comics to inform his movie, Sandberg will be using Johns' New 52 take on Captain Marvel for the Shazam movie in many respects.

I'd just like to suggest that when we discuss details of the movie here, we use spoiler tags until the movie has been in release for a bit.

However, for me, I don't think I'm going out on a limb at all to say that I think this movie will be a blast of fun and help make Captain Marvel -- ok, Shazam -- more popular and prominent than he's been since the 1970s.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 01-20-2019 at 08:45 PM.

I thought Man of Steel was okay, I find Batman v Superman to be the worst comic book movie I've ever seen, Justice League was an uneven mess, I loved Wonder Woman and thought Aquaman was okay, but trying too hard. Despite all of the disappointments, I'm still stoked about this movie. There's just something about the trailers that feels super comic book-y, which I'm excited about. Overall, I'm a bigger fan of DC than Marvel, but the Marvel movies regularly remind me why I love the comics, I'm still waiting for a DC movie to do the same. This might be the one.

BANNED

I will say that, while I prefer Sivana over Black Adam in general, I'm not sold on the idea of his being able to go tie to tie with Shazam. Also, there is reason to be concerned that we've seem almost exclusively hints of the origin and the laughs that involves. I hope the conflict isn't just thrown in as filler.

That last trailer was just a ton of fun. Looking forward to this one.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I’m a huge fan of this character and from the first trailer it looked like they captured the spirit. I am really looking forward to this and think it will be a big hit for DC.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

The trailer had me confused, is he suppose to be a joke? He looks different form the Justice League animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    The trailer had me confused, is he suppose to be a joke? He looks different form the Justice League animation.
    He's not a joke, but he is a more lighthearted character that lends himself to stories that can incorporate a comedic tone. The different look from the cartoon (and having lightning powers) is inspired by the New 52 version of the character.

This looks excellent. Looks like it's borrowing from Geoff Johns' Justice League backup which is one of my favorites. I really can't wait for this movie.

My friends think it's too silly. It's a 13 year old kid who says a magic word and turns into a superhero. If you want a rape and revenge movie watch Batman V Superman.

BANNED

Looks like we should be getting a new trailer in a week or so. Can't wait!

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/02/01/...february-dceu/

Incredible Member

I have a question that has been bothering me. His name is Shazam. He says the word Shazam to change. How does he tell anyone who he is without changing?