Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 577
  1. #226
    Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hobo View Post
    You miss the point. If the studio forces you to write something you don稚 want to do,
    the result being bad is not a surprise.
    Sam Raimi had the choice, that Tim Burton had, of walking away.

    Tim Burton made Batman 1989 and Batman Returns and both movies were successful but controversial, especially the second one (which I think is actually a great movie). He then was asked to do a third movie but they wanted a lot of changes, so Burton stepped down and told WB to find a director who could work closer to what they wanted. And that worked out well for him (he went on to other stuff That was what Burton did. He stepped away and moved on to other stuff while WB did Batman Forever (which was commercially successful and critically received decently enough). Raimi did the opposite. If he didn't like Spider-Man 3 and wasn't feeling it and the studio were no longer in synch with his ideas, he should have stepped away.

    Sony wanted the humor taken out of the FIRST movie.
    Hehn...as it is the first movie wasn't all that funny anyhow.

    妬n any case, Venom is Spider-Man's third biggest enemy after Goblin and Doctor Octopus. Everyone would logically expect him in to be in the third movie

    Yeah... that痴 not how logic works.
    You don't think Venom is Spider-Man's third biggest enemy after Goblin and Doctor Octopus or you don't agree that each movie should have a big scary villain carry it after the first and second one did? Which do you disagree with specifically?

    Fact is Sandman could never have carried a movie on his own, nor could Harry Goblin. Venom definitely could have done so.

  2. #227
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    So? Even if the non-MCU Spidey movie has the same cast and does a good job telling whatever story it does, it still means that the MCU Spidey story ends on an unresolved cliffhanger. Besides, I wanted that movie, not another reboot with or without the same cast.
    Wouldn't that mean MCU Spider-Man's story continues, just without the need to throw in other Marvel heroes into his story?

  3. #228

    Default

    Is Sony really forced to reboot? Can't they simply continue the current run, suddenly removing the MCU stuff? Peter's relation with MJ and his identity in the open can be perfectly dealt with without involving others.

  4. #229
    Astonishing Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    4,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Is Sony really forced to reboot? Can't they simply continue the current run, suddenly removing the MCU stuff? Peter's relation with MJ and his identity in the open can be perfectly dealt with without involving others.
    They basically can’t use any of his supporting cast outside May and possibly his school friends, and I doubt if even Michelle can be included. No SHIELD. No Happy. No Stark tech. No appearance of or references to anything which happened in the MCU. To say that’s easy to pull off and that fans will be happy with that is ambitious to say the least.

  5. #230
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,889

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    They basically can’t use any of his supporting cast outside May and possibly his school friends, and I doubt if even Michelle can be included. No SHIELD. No Happy. No Stark tech. No appearance of or references to anything which happened in the MCU. To say that’s easy to pull off and that fans will be happy with that is ambitious to say the least.
    At least there is some good news. No more faux MJ. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  6. #231
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    They basically can’t use any of his supporting cast outside May and possibly his school friends, and I doubt if even Michelle can be included. No SHIELD. No Happy. No Stark tech. No appearance of or references to anything which happened in the MCU. To say that’s easy to pull off and that fans will be happy with that is ambitious to say the least.
    Yeah, MCU "MJ" is pretty much an original character because she doesn't share the exact name with someone in the comics; so I can see her gone next film but academic Flash is still in.

  7. #232
    Fantastic Member luprki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    394

    Default

    I’m glad this happened, maybe now we’ll get a true Peter Parker

  8. #233
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I’m glad this happened, maybe now we’ll get a true Peter Parker
    One can only hope. *crosses fingers & toes*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  9. #234
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I’m glad this happened, maybe now we’ll get a true Peter Parker
    You didn’t get a true Peter Parker before the MCU, what makes you think you’d get one with the same people in charge now?

  10. #235
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You didn’t get a true Peter Parker before the MCU, what makes you think you’d get one with the same people in charge now?
    I don't have unbridled confidence in Sony, but I can at least appreciate the idea of them producing a Spider-Man movie where Tony Stark's name is not uttered once .

  11. #236
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't have unbridled confidence in Sony, but I can at least appreciate the idea of them producing a Spider-Man movie where Tony Stark's name is not uttered once .
    Which would be a refreshing change indeed at this point.

    MCU Spidey was more Kamala Khan than Peter Parker what with the fanboy/fangirl hero worship of a preexisting superhero and all.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  12. #237
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't have unbridled confidence in Sony, but I can at least appreciate the idea of them producing a Spider-Man movie where Tony Stark's name is not uttered once .
    That was basically the point of Far From Home, getting Peter to the point of stepping out of Tony’s shadow. You gotta remember, this is a Peter Parker who’s still relatively green as a hero in a world where heroes were established since he was a child. In addition, he was the first teen hero of the MCU which had all been adults before that. Unlike Sony’s past 2 iterations, they didn’t rush him into young adulthood and actually took time to develop him. He’s not gonna be the Peter we know from the comics over night, but after the previous movie, he was now in the position of character development to become that.

    Plus I’d take a Peter who looks up to his predecessors over hipster Peter or humorless whiny Peter any day.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 08-21-2019 at 04:05 PM.

  13. #238
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That was basically the point of Far From Home, getting Peter to the point of stepping out of Tony’s shadow. You gotta remember, this is a Peter Parker who’s still relatively green as a hero in a world where heroes were established since he was a child. In addition, he was the first teen hero of the MCU which had all been adults before that. Unlike Sony’s past 2 iterations, they didn’t rush him into young adulthood and actually took time to develop him. He’s not gonna be the Peter we know from the comics over night, but after the previous movie, he was now in the position of character development to become that.
    I see no reason why any of those factors had to necessitate the level of involvement Tony had in Peter's career as Spider-Man.

    The Marvel Spider-Man cartoon, for all it's issues, had a teen Spider-Man come out within an already established Superhero universe but he was nowhere near as beholden to Iron Man as MCU Peter is in my opinion. And he actually has a legit Spider-Man personality and is much more independent.

    I was actually looking forward to seeing the MCU build up Peter as Spider-Man but it's felt like to me they've been working from a false start from day one.
    Plus I’d take a Peter who looks up to his predecessors over hipster Peter or humorless whiny Peter any day.
    I'd take a Peter with the confidence, bravado, and quips to be Spider-Man over any of the movie Spidey's.

  14. #239
    Spectacular Member Spencermalley935's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I’m glad this happened, maybe now we’ll get a true Peter Parker
    I wouldn't exactly hold my breath in that regard.

  15. #240
    Incredible Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I’m glad this happened, maybe now we’ll get a true Peter Parker
    What does that even mean?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •