Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/s...ce-1203311351/

It's clear to me that Sony wants to work with Disney but Disney doesn't want to work with Sony so its hard to see how this can be resolved but hey Feige can always convince Disney to take another meeting but if this article is accurate I'm quite skeptical of things being resolved at this point in time. But hey I didn't think James Gunn could ever be rehired so I could be totally wrong. My thinking is that Disney will eventually come back to the deal table after Feige gives them some talking to, or Sony makes some concessions either way I think Disney and Sony will eventually land on an agreement that satisfies both parties. I'm reasonably optimistic that things will work out in the end and Spider-Man will indeed stay in the MCU.
i came to a different impression given this quote:

Rothman is known as a hard-driving negotiator, and some individuals who have worked with him in the past privately suggested the public breakup may be a tactic to try to get Disney to make concessions.
from what ive surmised, sony wants to go only as much as 25% for disney and allow disney to co finance (how much to co finance and get only 25% of the profit isnt discussed, but if 25% finance gets you 25% of profit, that's fair). but they want feige to work on the spidey films 100%, which for disney is unfair, if theyre only getting 25% of the profit. kevin feige has the golden touch right now, and if they cant expect better share, then they'd rather have feige turn on his attention to the new acquisitions and turn those into billion dollar movies and just let spiderman go.

sony is just being greedy. disney just wants a fair share at 50/50 for profit,on 50/50 co financing. sony brings spiderman to the table, disney brings the mcu playground and feige.