Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I'm shocked! SHOCKED! Completely at awe that Sony would take this decision!

I'm more shocked by Sony's utter idiocy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I知 afraid this could mean bad things for the comic book side of things for Spider-Man. Especially if it痴 an ugly split.
    It won't mean a thing to the comics. Spider-Man will always be Marvel's #1 guy. Long before Sony and Marvel partnered, Marvel had no problem pushing Spidey. That won't change, no matter what's going on with the movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    No, screw that. This isn't about Disney or Sony. This is a larger problem with this world and creativity. The death of creativity as we think we know it.
    Oh boy, that's a tad overdramatic.

If Sony and Marvel can't come to an agreement, that'd be a bummer but life goes on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I'm more shocked by Sony's utter idiocy
    I wish people see things from Sony's point of view. To quote the Deadline article: "There is a lot of webbing here, but it all comes down to money, and it’s easy to understand why both sides refused to give ground."

Sony can't afford to go 50/50 with Disney. That would amount to an end to Sony Pictures.

It's not idiocy, it's survival desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Don't think it's the same thing, Fox owned Movie Rights, TV Rights, Cartoon Rights, game rights (not sure on this one).
    I don't think Fox had the TV, cartoon, or game rights. They had to ask Marvel's permission for their X-Men shows, as I recall, and their planned Deadpool cartoon got canned by Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Oh boy, that's a tad overdramatic.

If Sony and Marvel can't come to an agreement, that'd be a bummer but life goes on.
    Oh boy, that's a tad condescending. Just like everything else you argue about. Please, Prof. Warren.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I wish people see things from Sony's point of view. To quote the Deadline article: "There is a lot of webbing here, but it all comes down to money, and it’s easy to understand why both sides refused to give ground."

Sony can't afford to go 50/50 with Disney. That would amount to an end to Sony Pictures.

No one cares to understand the business reasons. Not talking about this forum but more like social media in general. Everyone is blaming Sony.

BANNED

Oh boy, that's a tad condescending. Just like everything else you argue about. Please, Prof. Warren.
    You're an - I assume - a grown adult having a meltdown about Spider-Man movies. That invites a certain measure of eye rolling. At the very least a reminder that this is just entertainment we're talking about.

BANNED

Not everyone's sensitive to emotional reactions about the fact that characters and stories they are invested in are under the control of utterly cynical figures. Unfortunately enough.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

I would not say it's desperation...well, maybe. Spiderman is basically the only thing keeping Sony going. That isn't an opinion, that is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    You're an - I assume - a grown adult having a meltdown about Spider-Man movies. That invites a certain measure of eye rolling. At the very least a reminder that this is just entertainment we're talking about.
    And you're a f'ing bully who has no clue of someone else's life. You don't know what I'm dealing with, or what pain I may be going through that has nothing to do with Spider-Man or these movies. Maybe this is just a culmination of my frustrating life and frustrating day. Maybe it is. But you don't know that, and if you did, you wouldn't care.

Extraordinary Member

And you're a f'ing bully who has no clue of someone else's life. You don't know what I'm dealing with, or what pain I may be going through that has nothing to do with Spider-Man or these movies. Maybe this is just a culmination of my frustrating life and frustrating day. Maybe it is. But you don't know that, and if you did, you wouldn't care.
    In all seriousness, if you want to talk some real talk, we can do that. Maybe you just need to vent?

Astonishing Member

It's going to be awesome to see all the spin-offs Sony has planned for the Spidey universe. A lot of franchises to be spawned off. Who is going to get their solo movie first, Aunt May or Ned?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    In all seriousness, if you want to talk some real talk, we can do that. Maybe you just need to vent?
    Thank you, Rosebunse. I actually appreciate that.

Extraordinary Member

Thank you, Rosebunse. I actually appreciate that.
    Yeah, you can PM me or just do it here and tie it back to Spiderman somehow for the rules. Hell, let me tell you, I remember when Gillen's Journey into Mystery came out, the final issues. I was doing bad in some of my college classes and my grandma was dying, but damn, the whole kidLoki thing did nothing to help.