Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    People are worrying over nothing. If James Gunn can get rehired for GotG 3, then I think this will also get resolved. It’s a high stakes game of chicken to see who will blink first, but I doubt Disney or Sony is stupid enough to kill off such a B.O. juggernaut over a dumb producer’s credit. Tom Holland is staying as Spidey in the MCU. Mark my words.
    I'm sure this will get resolved eventually, but I think it will take a while.

BANNED

Sony痴 game division and film company are almost separate entities.
    Not almost. They are separate verticles. Kids competing for Daddy痴 love. PlayStation remember was during the ps3 era a little shaky and unprofitable and were it not for the success of PS4 would have been sold off.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Not almost. They are separate verticles. Kids competing for Daddy’s love. PlayStation remember was during the ps3 era a little shaky and unprofitable and were it not for the success of PS4 would have been sold off.
    got a link to that never heard that story before
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Amazing Member

People are worrying over nothing. If James Gunn can get rehired for GotG 3, then I think this will also get resolved. It’s a high stakes game of chicken to see who will blink first, but I doubt Disney or Sony is stupid enough to kill off such a B.O. juggernaut over a dumb producer’s credit. Tom Holland is staying as Spidey in the MCU. Mark my words.
    I agree.
    Spidey is too important to Disney as well. And Disney tainted his biggest Marvel name, RDJ/Iron Man, with Spider Man. Not the other way around.
    People tend to forget but the majority of fans these days never opened a comic book. Spidey is a franchise with recognition outside a specifc media, but Avenger is defined by the movies.
    In the minds of general public I bet if you ask "Who is Spider Man father figure?" the answer will come easy. If ask " Who is the superhero who stuggles against drink and never married his secretary?" Only a few people would know that is Tony. Spidey will be recognize for other things than whats going on with the MCU.
    Not every Spider comic fan is crazy about this take, but it was well promoted to the new Avengers fanbase and is fixed in their minds.
    Marvel/Disney openly give Spider Man the role Iron Man had as a central MCU player. It's not a small thing to just move on and forget and it will hurt more the Iron Man franchise.

I just read that even one of the Avengers actor tweeted " Please Sony gave Spidey back to us". The first impression is Sony as the one to blame. Maybe this is just a move to pressure Sony like some sites speculate. But like in the Gunn incident, Disney will resolve things.
    Last edited by Ana; 08-21-2019 at 05:39 AM.

So I guess that's not oscorp going into avengers tower huh? Fantastic four headquarters it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So I guess that's not oscorp going into avengers tower huh? Fantastic four headquarters it is.
    those were the two theories of the time now its only one

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

The writing was kind of on the wall with this though. Don’t get me wrong, the news absolutely sucks but it’s not like this completely shocked me. I understand both sides of it. Disney wants more stake in the game after seeing the overwhelming success of the Spider-Man character. Sony wants to maintain as much as possible because quite frankly they don’t have anything remotely close to the success of Spider-Man. One would hope that this is a situation that could of been handled in a professional civil way that would have had everyone winning...but such is life.

Hopefully this all gets resolved which it very well can be in the future. Another reboot is the last thing the character needs especially when Tom Holland had finally grown and come into his own after the last film.

Astonishing Member

Sony will do fine. They can revive Angry Birds by having them crossover with the Spider-Verse, have the Ghostbusters go after Venom and Carnage, and Spider-Man can join MIB.

The biggest looser here might be Tom Holland. He loves being a part of the MCU.

While Sony now has 2 succesful movies to build upon both of these are mirred in marvel jokes, marvel characters and overall a driving part of their success has been that they where an integrated part of MCU. It's not just the theme and feeling of the movies that make a Marvel movie a success, it's the knowledge that it's connected. Fans like these parts. Heck it's ripped off right of comics. Who didn't like when Spider-man occasionlaly met Wolverine back in the days.

I haven't watched the venom movie, probably never will. It's just seems bland and uninteresting. If Tom Holland meets Tom Hardy on the screen I might skip it too.

A part of me immediatly thought "Tom Holland might break his contract". It's not like he could be blacklisted with Disney produces so many of the biggest films. Then I remembered that he wouldn't do it even if he wanted too. To many people involved with a 3 movie. Actors, technicians and various other proffesions.

I never believed those rumors about Oscorp and Dark Reign being the next things in the MCU. You watch movies where Spider-Man showed up (CW, IW, and Endgame) and you notice that there's very little from his world in those movies.

They were fully aware that this deal may fall at any point, so they make sure that Spider-Man's world wouldn't spread too much outside of his own movies.

On the contrary, now Sony is going to have to juggle how to manage Holland's SM going forward. These movies are so cemented in the MCU that it'll be interesting to see how they retcon all of that.

Sony's intention to make Spider-Man based tv series.
    Marvel owns tv rights. Unless marvel says yes or they had a contract done by now there will be no sony marvel shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I never believed those rumors about Oscorp and Dark Reign being the next things in the MCU. You watch movies where Spider-Man showed up (CW, IW, and Endgame) and you notice that there's very little from his world in those movies.

They were fully aware that this deal may fall at any point, so they make sure that Spider-Man's world wouldn't spread too much outside of his own movies.

On the contrary, now Sony is going to have to juggle how to manage Holland's SM going forward. These movies are so cemented in the MCU that it'll be interesting to see how they retcon all of that.
    chances are they have to reboot his story completely because they cant reference any past events he was apart of and it would be easier instead of trying to make it feel like he is still apart of that world.

Marvel owns tv rights. Unless marvel says yes or they had a contract done by now there will be no sony marvel shows.
    Marvel has cartoon rights for shows less than 40 min long. Sony has live-action rights and animated shows above 40 min. That's why Gwen disappears in those Marvel Rising specials that are longer than those times.

BANNED

I am dreaded for what this development might mean for the Spider Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I am dreaded for what this development might mean for the Spider Books.
    nothing Spider-Man is bigger than the x-men and fantastic four Marvel Comics would be stupid to try to cancel his book although I could see them limiting the other varations of the character not including Miles and maybe gwen unsure how she compares to miles and peter in terms of sales