Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My biggest fear is Disney will have Marvel Comics do to Spidey what they (Marvel Comics) did to X-Men during the feud with Fox.
    It's not exactly comparable. The Fox Deal was always unfavorable to Marvel. And those issues existed before Disney bought out Marvel. In that same period, Marvel were happier to work with Sony.

What Marvel could do potentially is...finish off all Spidey spinoffs and legacies and their titles and just publish 616 Spider-Man and maybe another title or so. No more Spider-Man AU, no more Spider-Gwen, no Miles, no Kaine, no Superior (which honestly would be a blessing in this case rather than others but that's me).

Basically say Peter Parker is the one and only guy with Spider-Powers. Miles is depowered or banished back to Ultimate Universe, Ghost Spider and others go back the same place and so on.

ITSV and Sony's plan is directed to the alternate spiders right. So Marvel might seek ways to limit cross-promotions of characters their competitors are exploiting.

ENOUGH OF THIS. No more Sony, no more Disney...no more!!!! Spider-Man needs to stop getting shafted by these f'ing companies for nothing but money! It's sickening! This is goddamn stupid.

Let me explain. Spider-Man's movie rights are with Sony. Disney has rights to merchandise and cartoons and so on.
    Bingo. sony owns movie rights. Marvel owns tv rights. The show was going to get made due sony and marvel teaming up but if marvel breaks with sony unless they have a contact for the show done (like they allowed fox to make X-Men shows) then marvel can say "no shows" and they can't make any.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    ....What Marvel could do potentially is...finish off all Spidey spinoffs and legacies and their titles and just publish 616 Spider-Man and maybe another title or so. No more Spider-Man AU, no more Spider-Gwen, no Miles, no Kaine, no Superior (which honestly would be a blessing in this case rather than others but that's me).

Basically say Peter Parker is the one and only guy with Spider-Powers. Miles is depowered or banished back to Ultimate Universe, Ghost Spider and others go back the same place and so on....
    I hope not. I'd hate to see Miles, for one, get shafted, still, it could happen (as you've pointed out) if Disney decides to play hardball.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    ENOUGH OF THIS. No more Sony, no more Disney...no more!!!! Spider-Man needs to stop getting shafted by these f'ing companies for nothing but money! It's sickening! This is goddamn stupid.
    It won't seem stupid to the many employees at Sony who will be laid off the day Sony Pictures loses control of Spider-Man.

Corporate stuff is intentionally confusing to outside observers but at heart everyone's driven by fear. Especially the case in a business like motion pictures where the reward is high and the risk is higher.

Besides, 616 Spider-Man will continue in the comics. There will still be Spider-Man movies and spinoffs. Tom Holland will absolutely be Spider-Man again in the next movie with or without this deal. So nothing really has changed.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Agreed, but this is the world we live in. The ideals of the heroes we aspire to be (or be like) matter less than the bottom lines of soulless, faceless corporations that exploit those characters and their images for profit. Come to think of it, wasn't that what Garth Ennis's The Boys was ultimately about --- that as great as superheroes would appear on the surface, underneath that surface was nothing but rampant profiteering, exploitation, and abuse?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I suppose all I can say for now is that whatever happens, I hope Sony continues to produce Spider-Man movies that are worth seeing... I imagine some may get cynical in regards to that thought though...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Come to think of it, wasn't that what Garth Ennis's The Boys was ultimately about --- that as great as superheroes would appear on the surface, underneath that surface was nothing but rampant profiteering, exploitation, and abuse?
    That's been a joke since the 40s. Like here's an in-house comic given to Harry Donnenfeld, president of DC Comics and ex-gangster about who Superman really takes orders from:

BpEykLOIQAA89GY.jpg

That was also a joke in Kurtzman's Superduperman, and others.

Welcome to the capitalistic world we live in.

It won't seem stupid to the many employees at Sony who will be laid off the day Sony Pictures loses control of Spider-Man.

Corporate stuff is intentionally confusing to outside observers but at heart everyone's driven by fear. Especially the case in a business like motion pictures where the reward is high and the risk is higher.

Besides, 616 Spider-Man will continue in the comics. There will still be Spider-Man movies and spinoffs. Tom Holland will absolutely be Spider-Man again in the next movie with or without this deal. So nothing really has changed.
    No, I'm saying enough of corporations messing with Spider-Man (and every other character). I don't give a damn if there are any more movies or spinoffs: I could f'ing care less. I just want people (the people who actually care about these characters and the lore) to make these. I don't want Sony, Disney, MCU, whoever the hell to make these. I'm so f'ing sick of it. This has ruined every, every incarnation of the character in multimedia. EVERY SINGLE ONE. It's sickening, it's ridiculous, and it's pissing me off to no end.

I HATE THIS!!!

BANNED

No, I'm saying enough of corporations messing with Spider-Man (and every other character). I don't give a damn if there are any more movies or spinoffs: I could f'ing care less. I just want people (the people who actually care about these characters and the lore) to make these. I don't want Sony, Disney, MCU, whoever the hell to make these. I'm so f'ing sick of it. This has ruined every, every incarnation of the character in multimedia. EVERY SINGLE ONE. It's sickening, it's ridiculous, and it's pissing me off to no end.

I HATE THIS!!!
    I have hated this since Disney's purchase of Marvel screwed over Greg Weisman's Spectacular Spider-Man show.

I actually do think Disney purchasing Marvel was a terrible thing albeit one that's now irreversible.

So I sympathize. This should be about Weisman, Raimi, and other creators wanting to do their take on the character.

I have hated this since Disney's purchase of Marvel screwed over Greg Weisman's Spectacular Spider-Man show.

I actually do think Disney purchasing Marvel was a terrible thing albeit one that's now irreversible.

So I sympathize. This should be about Weisman, Raimi, and other creators wanting to do their take on the character.
    Now I'm wondering how many people were thankful that Disney got Spider-Man for as long as they did because that meant the Amazing Spider-Man movies were no more. lol

It's been longer than that. Longer than that for all of this. Corporations going back to even Marvel themselves screwing over the character for the past TEN F****ING YEARS.
    Corporations cannot and should not be trusted with these beloved IPs and characters. They see them as simply farms for money. We see them as actual characters with stories that have beginnings, middles, and, hopefully, ends.

Blaming just Disney does nothing. Blaming just Sony does nothing. Blaming just Marvel does nothing. We need to get Spider-Man away from the corporate stupidity that has plagued the character for a long, long time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Now I'm wondering how many people were thankful that Disney got Spider-Man for as long as they did because that meant the Amazing Spider-Man movies were no more. lol
    The Spider-Man movie that was universally loved was ITSV which was entirely a Sony joint with no involvement from MCU.

And Homecoming and Far From Home haven't been universally popular exactly.

The Spider-Man movie that was universally loved was ITSV which was entirely a Sony joint with no involvement from MCU.

And Homecoming and Far From Home haven't been universally popular exactly.
    I figured the animated movie would be seen as separate from the live-action endeavors, but now that you've said that, may I ask what inclines you to say, "And Homecoming and Far From Home haven't been universally popular exactly."