Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    She was never charged with elder abuse, because there wasn’t any evidence it happened.
    I did use the word "allegations".

If you read through, you will note that the relationship between her and Stan was strained. Her claims about Stan's treatment by Disney and Marvel executives should be viewed with a degree of skepticism.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The idea that the movie was an AU came from an unpublished Marvel reference book that was put online somewhere. The Marvel Wiki ran with that, hence why the idea is out there. IMHO, it would explain a lot if true, although that does assume that a third party "can" make a decision like that.
    Actually, no, the idea actually came from the misunderstood comments by Jackman who said the film is a “slightly different universe.”

https://comicbook.com/2017/01/21/hug...niverse-x-men/

The outlets initially misunderstood his comments to mean he was implying the film took place in a different universe but what he truly meant was that the movie is a fresh spin on the same universe that shows it in a light that is distinct and unique from all the other X-Men movies before it. He never meant that the film literally took place in a alternate universe. He also says it’s different in terms of timeline which is more of his way of saying the film explores a period of time(the distant future in this case) that sets it apart from all the previous X-films.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 08-22-2019 at 11:24 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I did use the word "allegations".

If you read through, you will note that the relationship between her and Stan was strained. Her claims about Stan's treatment by Disney and Marvel executives should be viewed with a degree of skepticism.
    Well often times when a rich person dies an estate battle starts, where one side will accuses the other side of abuse and having a stain relationship with the deceased.

But this has nothing to do how she talked about Disney greed and lack of sympathy.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-22-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I don't side with any of the sleazy corporate business sides that are happening at Disney, or even Sony, but I do feel bad for the creative sides and actors that were really wanting to showcase something good in the MCU, but can't anymore.

Astonishing Member

Well often times when a rich person dies an estate battle starts, where one side will accuses the other side of abuse and having a stain relationship with the deceased.

But this has nothing to do how she talked about Disney greed and lack of sympathy.
    If you read the article, you will note that it is from April 2018, months preceding the death of Stan Lee.

The article does article does suggest that Stan's daughter may not be expressing Stan's true feelings about Disney and Marvel. If you are willing to give dismiss the allegations against her, why aren't you treating the allegations she makes with the same skepticism?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

If you read the article, you will note that it is from April 2018, months preceding the death of Stan Lee.

The article does article does suggest that Stan's daughter may not be expressing Stan's true feelings about Disney and Marvel. If you are willing to give dismiss the allegations against her, why aren't you treating the allegations she makes with the same skepticism?
    Exactly. Just because she's saying something you want to believe because it fits your own view and opinion doesn't mean she's actually being truthful herself.

Stan's daughter has been accused of a lot of horrible stuff in regards to how she treated her father. She could be lying as well for all we know.

BANNED

Don’t you find it odd that Stan Lee never made these allegations against his daughter? This people are only trying to get at his estate and they knew he was in his 90’s and didn’t have long to live.

Astonishing Member

Don’t you find it odd that Stan Lee never made these allegations against his daughter? This people are only trying to get at his estate and they knew he was in his 90’s and didn’t have long to live.
    He didn't make any allegations about Disney/Marvel executives mistreating him. Yet you seem to accept that as fact.

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    But it served the MCU and Endgame well. Now that the MCU is moving into a new phase entirely, its a good break point for Spider-Man to take a new direction.

I really liked what we got but like others the Tony-Tech was tiresome to me for a hero who is supposed to be more homegrown and independent.
    How did it serve the MCU well? By giving Stark a lapdog? Spider-Man is so much more than that. It served Civil War, after that Homecoming should have been about Peter becoming Spider-MAN, escaping Stark’s shadow, rejecting his authority and becoming his own man.

The Stan Lee Spidey was an outsider, he was a bit arroagnt but he was his own boss from day one. Spider-Man if portrayed correctly would leave Iron Man in the dust both at the box office and as a hero.

Edit- Spidey’s hug with Tony in Endgame would have been more much impactful if Spidey had sought his own path and rejected Tony’s guidance and made his own suit in Homecoming imo.
    Last edited by Dangerous; 08-22-2019 at 12:30 PM.
    MY POWERS HAVE RETURNED TO ME!! I HAVEN'T LOST THEM!! I'M STILL SPIDER-MAN!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    How did it serve the MCU well? By giving Stark a lapdog? Spider-Man is so much more than that. It served Civil War after that Homecoming should have been about Peter becoming Spider-MAN, escaping Stark’s shadow, rejecting his authority and becoming his own man. The Stan Lee Spidey was an outsider, he was a bit arroagnt but he was his own boss from day one. Spider-Man if portrayed correctly would leave Iron Man in the dust both at the box office and as a hero.
    The Stan Lee Spider-Man tried to join the Fantastic Four in the first issue of his solo series. He also tried to join the Avengers in an early annual. He also starred in almost every issue of Marvel Team Up. Not exactly an outsider.

Fantastic Member

i think we can all say with confidence any of these so called spidey spinoff films morbuis included will flop big time.....the venom sequel regardless will make money figure there enough good will from the past two spidey films that even without marvel a third spidey film will do well not like the first two but enough to turn a profit we then get the inevitable venom vs spidey film and tehn sony if not already bought out will be begging and crawling to come back to marvel disney

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

The Stan Lee Spider-Man tried to join the Fantastic Four in the first issue of his solo series. He also tried to join the Avengers in an early annual. He also starred in almost every issue of Marvel Team Up. Not exactly an outsider.
    He tried to join the FF for monetary reasons, once he realised it was non profit he thought screw this.
    And there痴 a BIG difference between the occasional team up vs Spidey flying around in a Quinjet, having all your suits being made by Stark, infused with Stark tech, having Happy as a sidekick. Jeez. Stan portrayed him as being distrusted by half the public / superheroes and being constantly broke in the 1960痴 comics, that stuff helped define the essense of the character. MCU had none of that. And that痴 not even touching on how MCU Spidey gave us a guilt free Peter who never even thinks of Uncle Ben. MCU Spidey has nothing in common with Stan痴 creation.
    MY POWERS HAVE RETURNED TO ME!! I HAVEN'T LOST THEM!! I'M STILL SPIDER-MAN!

I hope they reboot quickly. I like origins a lot, and I'm bored of the MCU.

Why is this objectively wrong statement parroted so much? I see it everywhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i think we can all say with confidence any of these so called spidey spinoff films morbuis included will flop big time....
    I wouldn't bet on the failure of any of these movies. Whether they're good or not, they could well be hits.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Why is this objectively wrong statement parroted so much? I see it everywhere.
    Well, it's factual to say that Spidey tried to join the FF in ASM #1 and that he also tried to join the Avengers in ASM Annual #3. And, of course, that he was the headliner in MTU where he shared the spotlight with just about everyone in the MU at the time.

Yes, Spidey was characterized as a loner but he - because of the character's popularity - has nonetheless never been marginalized from the rest of the MU.