Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah that billion dollar take must have burned Disney's britches. Although the new films didn't piss me off, they were a little too Disney teen film for my tastes in a lot of respects.

The real question is what kind of revenge will Disney now be plotting?
    Simply waiting for Morbius to premiere seems revenge enough.

Extraordinary Member

Don't expect to see any more promotion for the Abrams book?

BANNED

They can稚 buy Sony after they bought Fox. So Disney might try and get another studio to buy Sony. If that happens rights automatically revert to Marvel.

Anyway the entire deal was about the MCU working for Sony. I personally think Spider-Man will flourish outside the MCU and Feige didn稚 have much to do with say casting Holland, Keaton and other decisions made for Spider-Man. So I think Sony are smarter about this than people give credit.

I mean asking 50/50 was a ridiculous deal anyway. They should have gone from 5 to 10%. Without Spider-Man Sony pictures will collapse. They need that huge piece of the pie to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUH
    Sony proposed keeping the arrangement going under the current terms where Marvel receives in the range of 5% of first dollar gross, sources said. Disney refused.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Amazing Member

So, no more teen iron man wannabe? I'm good with that

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Simply waiting for Morbius to premiere seems revenge enough.
    Lol. I will be there in the first week to see it though. They had me at Morbius.

Other than that, I can't see Marvel canceling Spider-Man like they did with FF.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

so stupid of Sony good luck of making another successful spider-man movie
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Why doesn't Disney buy the film rights for Spider-Man from Sony?
    Because you cannot buy what's not for sale.

Also, Perlmutter must be pissed. I know he's not in charge of films anymore, but given this guy's track record of reacting sanely to not having rights isn't the best.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    Not sure I have it in me to go through another Spidey Reboot.

I'm hoping that this is just a set back and a deal can still be done. I really love Tom Hollands Spiderman.
    Well, you'll still get two more movies with him.

This seems like a really dumb move on Sony's part but whatever. Spidey will survive. I imagine they'll resolve the cliffhanger of Far From Home but just have to do it without referencing the MCU. Worst comes to worst, they can have that tag scene be just a dream. A bullshit way out but desperate times call for desperate measures.

As much as I've enjoyed having Spidey in the MCU, he can certainly thrive outside of it, with the proper handling. Whether Sony can do that, we'll see.

I don't think it's out of the question that the two parties will decide to go back to the bargaining table and hammer out a deal. At least just to arrange a more graceful transition for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post

Also, Perlmutter must be pissed. I know he's not in charge of films anymore, but given this guy's track record of reacting sanely to not having rights isn't the best.
    Yeah after what happened with X-Men and Fantastic Four especially the latter suffered after their comic book series got cancelled after they refused to promote Fan4stic since that greenlit to keep the Fantastic Four rights away from Marvel after Rothman (back when he was the CEO of 20th Century Fox) lost the rights of Daredevil. and the movie itsel was so awful that became the beginning to the end for Fox as major studio that not even Deadpool and Logan couldn't even save the studio from being being sold by Disney.
    Last edited by DragonKent17; 08-20-2019 at 02:18 PM.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Niffleheim

This is great news for me I'm probably the only one but I can't stand new Spidey whiny voice.

The question remains can Sony use the Spider-Man characters from MCU in their own universe?
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-20-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Spectacular Member

I just think this is bad business on both sides. Disney wanting more profits is understandable but you're not going from 5% or whatever it is, to 50% and I do feel not having Spidey occasionally in the MCU hurts the MCU a little bit.. As for Sony, they think they have the formula down but if you go in a different direction, then the people that made The Holland Movies so successful might reject it. Its already taking a hit from fans on social media.

Not saying Spidey can't or won't survive as a movie franchise, I just feel like Sony used Disney and taking Spidey out of the MCU is going to have backlash so Sony's next move better be a home run.

Mighty Member

Not a big fan of the new spider-man movies, but Sony, and Disney, are making a big mistake ! In the minds of people, Spider-man is now a part of the MCU. His relation with Tony Stark, the trauma of the infinity war... it's a part of his journey as a hero. If you remove that, you remove a lot of the interest of this new iteration. This Spider-man is too linked to the MCU, without it , it will be a flop.

And for the comics, when you see what they did with Fantastic Four and X-men, I'm really worried.
    Last edited by lordozone; 08-20-2019 at 02:27 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post

Perlmutter may still be a "Chairman", but what control does he truly have over Marvel as a whole other than the TV side of things? He can be pissed all he wants but I don't think he can actually take any petty actions against the comics side of things like he did before with X-Men and FF anymore right? Would Iger or Horn even allow him to do that to what is easily Marvel's most bankable multimedia super-hero?

God damn it. I knew that Sony was gonna get a big head from Venom and Far From Home just made it even bigger. Do they honestly think that they would have gotten even close to that success without Disney? The fact that they even made the deal in the first place shows just how shoddy they are with the brand.