Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    The crossover cinematic universe are only good for marvel characters noone ever heard about before the films.
    This by the way was the entire reason Marvel invented crossovers. Lee wanted to get as many titles up and running as he could. The minute Spider-Man launched and proved himself, the appearances by other heroes became more sporadic and infrequent. Steve Ditko wasn't in favor of the Fantastic Four appearing constantly that Lee insisted on and repeatedly sought to downplay them.

The Avengers were for the longest time a dumping ground for B-C-D list heroes or villains who were so lame that people thought "hehn...might as well make them heroes". The shared universe in the classical marvel era was regarded by editors/writers/readers as basically a gentlemen's agreement. Everyone knew that the best characters worked best and flourished best as solos.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    the MCU use of Spider-man on a team isn't the issue.. in the Avengers appearances, he's only there because of Tony Stark. Tony Stark is the issue. He's not really interacting or even friends with other Avengers. I get that he's a teenager but because of that, the MCU version isn't what I prefer because Spider-man is not treated like I think he should be treated. He's one of the most powerful, capable heroes in Marvel History. The MCU basically made him Tony's sidekick who yeah he gets to do other things on his own and be cool but never did I feel with the Avengers that he's treated as an equal. When he should be.
    Thing is, we know this because we’ve known Spider-Man for over 50 years of publication history. The Spider-Man in the MCU isn’t the Peter who was one of the first heroes around at the dawn of the Age of Marvels and has been through the trials and tribulations of his other counterparts. This is a Peter who is still green when it comes to this to the point that Vulture was the first of his rogues to have appeared with him saving people here and there before that. On top of that, he’s become a hero years into superheroes appearing in his world so as such it’s a whole different perspective and he was going to have to grow and develop to become the Spider-Man we all know and love. Hell the seeds were already there to begin with considering he was helping people before he even met Tony, it was just that meeting that brought him into the larger world of heroes beyond street level.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    No, this was after that:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-17315

Make of that what you will.
    I hadn’t heard about this, but I do remember folks really parroting that movie as an alternate universe after Jackman made those comments. Perhaps that predates that, but I don’t imagine that many people go on the wikia page of a movie as much as seeing misunderstood statements made by the star of the movie turned into an headline. Perhaps Jackman’s comments are where this idea really took off as I don’t think people would put as much stock over some fan edited wikia page as much as what the actual star would say. I only know that I started hearing talk about it as a alternate universe when media outlets reported on Jackman's comments seemingly saying it was(when he didn't mean it in that way).

Regardless, unless proven otherwise, Logan is canon to the continuity of the Fox X-Men films according to its director.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 08-22-2019 at 06:34 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Thing is, we know this because we’ve known Spider-Man for over 50 years of publication history. The Spider-Man in the MCU isn’t the Peter who was one of the first heroes around at the dawn of the Age of Marvels and has been through the trials and tribulations of his other counterparts. This is a Peter who is still green when it comes to this to the point that Vulture was the first of his rogues to have appeared with him saving people here and there before that. On top of that, he’s become a hero years into superheroes appearing in his world so as such it’s a whole different perspective and he was going to have to grow and develop to become the Spider-Man we all know and love. Hell the seeds were already there to begin with considering he was helping people before he even met Tony, it was just that meeting that brought him into the larger world of heroes beyond street level.

I'm not disputing that. Its a hard task to integrate A teenager into a group of heroes that people had to that point seen on screen together for close to a decade. Maybe if it was Garfield and not an entirely new Spider-man it would have worked better but I get why it was done this way.

Doesn't mean I have to like it. Fwiw, i saw both MCU Spider-man movies and I don't judge them off my preferences, its just the problems i have with it don't go away just cause I enjoy the movies for what they are. I believe Spider-Man and Peter Parker as a character deserve better.

BANNED

A good analysis of where things stand and best guesses on several potential outcomes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#76616c657269

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    A good analysis of where things stand and best guesses on several potential outcomes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#76616c657269
    several outcomes indeed didnt know Sony was doing that poorly in the movie side of things. I didnt even knew if some company buys them the rights will revert back to Marvel like that either.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Amazing Member

Too much overreaction for my tastes,imo.
    Some people are already threatening of boycott Sony products, Zendaya and Tom Holland no longer following Sony's accounts, etc.

I am kinda in the middle, as I prefer Spidey to be more of a solo, non-Avenger hero and hate with all myself Homecoming, but on the other hand I liked Spidry being part of Civil War and Infinity War/Endgame, and I must concede that Far from Home fixed many mistakes made by the previous movie (lack of Daily Bugle, the love-hate relationship with Flash, a villain that is an ******* for the taste of it, Spidey using fists, etc).

Honestly, by the time all this dust cloud shall be settled to the ground, Sony and Marvel shall have a new deal.
    Even if things go south, which I doubt, Sony is potentially capable of doing the highly anticipated Spider-Man vs Venom movie without screwing up.

No amount of fake email leaks will ever change my mind.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCampy89 View Post
    Too much overreaction for my tastes,imo.
    Some people are already threatening of boycott Sony products, Zendaya and Tom Holland no longer following Sony's accounts, etc.

I am kinda in the middle, as I prefer Spidey to be more of a solo, non-Avenger hero and hate with all myself Homecoming, but on the other hand I liked Spidry being part of Civil War and Infinity War/Endgame, and I must concede that Far from Home fixed many mistakes made by the previous movie (lack of Daily Bugle, the love-hate relationship with Flash, a villain that is an ******* for the taste of it, Spidey using fists, etc).

Honestly, by the time all this dust cloud shall be settled to the ground, Sony and Marvel shall have a new deal.
    Even if things go south, which I doubt, Sony is potentially capable of doing the highly anticipated Spider-Man vs Venom movie without screwing up.

No amount of fake email leaks will ever change my mind.
    Hey now where does this confidence in Sony's ability to nail this, given Sony's track record with the live-action films as of late come from?

- Charles Schultz.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Hey now where does this confidence in Sony's ability to nail this, given Sony's track record with the live-action films as of late come from?
    Venom was enjoyable.
    TASM 2 was bad but the whole Death of Gwen Stacy act was done great, that scene had balls, heart and passion, something the MCU will never have the balls to do.

So yeah, I admire Sony because despite all their **** ups, they have the balls of using some of the darkest moments of Spider-Man's lore, while the MCU versiom felt lmore live action "animated series".

To each his own.

ps: repetition of the word "balls" is intended

Venom was enjoyable.
    TASM 2 was bad but the whole Death of Gwen Stacy act was done great, that scene had balls, heart and passion, something the MCU will never have the balls to do.

So yeah, I admire Sony because despite all their **** ups, they have the balls of using some of the darkest moments of Spider-Man's lore, while the MCU versiom felt lmore live action "animated series".

To each his own.

MCU spiderman feels like an animated series because apparently Spiderman is a Pixar character. this is what mcu fans have told me on several occasions

Venom was enjoyable.

To each his own.

That's an understatement. It was a train wreck! A third movie wasn't even made because ASM2 was so terrible.

ASM2 is the only Spider-man movie that I have only seen once - and have no desire to ever see again.

Astonishing Member

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/s...ce-1203311351/

Highlights:

- Talks began six months ago.

- Rothman was willing to give Disney 25% of the franchise profits and grant them a co-financing role for the partnership to continue.

- Disney doesn't want Feige working with a competing studio on a character that they do not fully control instead preferrring he devote his time to Marvel properties that are fully within Disney's control, especially now that X-Men and Fantastic Four have returned.

- Sony hopes/expects talks to continue, if not, then Amy Pascal will be tasked with overseeing the Spider-Man films alone after their potential defection from the MCU.

It's clear to me that Sony wants to work with Disney but Disney doesn't want to work with Sony so its hard to see how this can be resolved but hey Feige can always convince Disney to take another meeting but if this article is accurate I'm quite skeptical of things being resolved at this point in time. But hey I didn't think James Gunn could ever be rehired so I could be totally wrong. My thinking is that Disney will eventually come back to the deal table after Feige gives them some talking to, or Sony makes some concessions either way I think Disney and Sony will eventually land on an agreement that satisfies both parties. I'm reasonably optimistic that things will work out in the end and Spider-Man will indeed stay in the MCU.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 08-22-2019 at 10:49 PM.

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    MCU spiderman feels like an animated series because apparently Spiderman is a Pixar character. this is what mcu fans have told me on several occasions
    38ogo0.jpg

10char
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Highlights:

- Rothman was willing to give Disney 25% and grant them a co-financing role in exchange for the partnership to continue.

- Disney doesn't want Feige working with a competing studio instead devoting his time to Marvel properties that are fully within Disney's control, especially now that X-Men and Fantastic Four have returned.

- Sony hopes/expects talks to continue, if not, then Amy Pascal will be tasked with overseeing the Spider-Man films alone after their potential defection from the MCU.

It's clear to me that Sony wants to work with Disney but Disney doesn't want to work with Sony so its hard to see how this can be resolved but hey Feige can always convince Disney to take another meeting but if this article is accurate I'm quite skeptical of things being resolved at this point in time. But hey I didn't think James Gunn could ever be rehired so I could be totally wrong. My thinking is that Disney will eventually come back to the deal table after Feige gives them some talking to, or Sony makes some concessions either way I think Disney and Sony will eventually land on an agreement that satisfies both parties. I'm reasonably optimistic that things will work out in the end and Spider-Man will indeed stay in the MCU.
    I can understand both sides. Disney want Feige to only work on the Disney properties, this makes perfect sense. Feige has a lot on his plate and Disney don稚 want him to take time away from their properties to work another studio property with only getting 5%.
    With Sony, there is no way they are going to give Disney 50% on property Sony owns.

I would like to know what Kevin Feige is thinking about this situation and what studio is he blaming for this.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-22-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Highlights:

- Rothman was willing to give Disney 25% and grant them a co-financing role in exchange for the partnership to continue.

- Disney doesn't want Feige working with a competing studio instead devoting his time to Marvel properties that are fully within Disney's control, especially now that X-Men and Fantastic Four have returned.

I definitely am not for Pascal running the Spider-Man movies again.