Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/s...ce-1203311351/

It's clear to me that Sony wants to work with Disney but Disney doesn't want to work with Sony so its hard to see how this can be resolved but hey Feige can always convince Disney to take another meeting but if this article is accurate I'm quite skeptical of things being resolved at this point in time. But hey I didn't think James Gunn could ever be rehired so I could be totally wrong. My thinking is that Disney will eventually come back to the deal table after Feige gives them some talking to, or Sony makes some concessions either way I think Disney and Sony will eventually land on an agreement that satisfies both parties. I'm reasonably optimistic that things will work out in the end and Spider-Man will indeed stay in the MCU.
    i came to a different impression given this quote:

Rothman is known as a hard-driving negotiator, and some individuals who have worked with him in the past privately suggested the public breakup may be a tactic to try to get Disney to make concessions.
    from what ive surmised, sony wants to go only as much as 25% for disney and allow disney to co finance (how much to co finance and get only 25% of the profit isnt discussed, but if 25% finance gets you 25% of profit, that's fair). but they want feige to work on the spidey films 100%, which for disney is unfair, if theyre only getting 25% of the profit. kevin feige has the golden touch right now, and if they cant expect better share, then they'd rather have feige turn on his attention to the new acquisitions and turn those into billion dollar movies and just let spiderman go.

sony is just being greedy. disney just wants a fair share at 50/50 for profit,on 50/50 co financing. sony brings spiderman to the table, disney brings the mcu playground and feige.

BANNED

This turned out to be a bad business deal for Disney. Sony took advantage of Disney narrow sighted for a universe. Sony saw that Disney was so hell-bent on a huge cinematic universe, they swooped in and profited off of Disney’s narrow sightedness. Disney stupidly let Sony profit off the MCU popularity and all Disney got was 5%, which was actually less than that, because Disney paid a fee to Sony when Spider-Man show up in CW, IW and EG.
    Sony thinking was let scrap TASM 3 , because Disney is stupidity going to let us in the poplar MCU and pay us when our property appears in does MCU movies.
    The irony is the MCU didn’t need Spider-Man and he was only a minor character, but Sony is laughing all the way to the bank.

Maybe Disney isn’t as smart as we thought.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-22-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    This turned out to be a bad business deal for Disney. Sony took advantage of Disney narrow sighted for a universe. Sony saw that Disney was so hell-bent on a huge cinematic universe, they swooped in and profited off of Disney’s narrow sightedness. Disney stupidly let Sony profit off the MCU popularity and all Disney got was 5%, which was actually less than that, because Disney paid a fee to Sony when Spider-Man show up in CW, IW and EG.
    Sony thinking was let scrap TASM 3 , because Disney is stupidity going to let us in the poplar MCU and pay us when our property appears in does MCU movies.
    The irony is the MCU didn’t need Spider-Man and he was only a minor character, but Sony is laughing all the way to the bank.

Maybe Disney isn’t as smart as we thought.
    This guy on Forbes thinks that Disney actually has the advantage in the long run, whatever the short run turns out to be. He could well be wrong, but it is interesting speculation.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

So if they don't work this out Sony either reboots all over again or continues off Far From Home with somehow ignoring all MCU aspects of the story. Yeah....both those options sound horrible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    This guy on Forbes thinks that Disney actually has the advantage in the long run, whatever the short run turns out to be. He could well be wrong, but it is interesting speculation.
    If that was true, Disney wouldn’t have asked for 50%

Astonishing Member

Actually, I believe THR reported that Disney asked for 30% not 50%.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

30%, actually, but it is admittedly just speculation. We may never know the full story, even after all is said and done.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think Sony always intended on using Marvel to get the Spider-Man brand back up financially and then get out of the deal, with the Venomverse all nice and set up for either Holland or another actor inserted into. The fallout over the 50% offer (which Marvel no doubt intended as an initial bid to start strong) and Feige’s involvement were just convenient excuses. This was Pascal and Rothman’s plans all along.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCampy89 View Post
    Venom was enjoyable.
    TASM 2 was bad but the whole Death of Gwen Stacy act was done great, that scene had balls, heart and passion, something the MCU will never have the balls to do.

So yeah, I admire Sony because despite all their **** ups, they have the balls of using some of the darkest moments of Spider-Man's lore, while the MCU versiom felt lmore live action "animated series".

To each his own.

ps: repetition of the word "balls" is intended
    Marvel killed off it's most popular and profitable character at the end of Endgame. That is by far having more balls that killing Gwen Stacy, something that was predictable, spoiled by Sony themselves, and came too soon if you ask me. For all the debate that goes around Endgame's execution, a large part of it is because it's a very bold and ambitious movie.

I don't even hate the TASM movies as much as others do, and yea the overall tone of those movies is more dramatic, but Spider-Man isn't always a dramatic character. I've always seen him more as a healthy mix between Superman's optimism and Batman's brooding. Part of why so many people like MCU Spider-Man is because him being more fun feels like a breath of fresh air. I'm not gonna argue comic book accuracy or anything, just overall execution. The MCU was setting up Peter Parker's life in a way that suddenly thrusting him in bigger, more dramatic and dire situations would have felt earned instead of right out the gate.

In my opinion, if both the Raimi and TASM series continued, they had a very high chance of becoming repetitive.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Exactly! MCU Peter was going from a younger hero who was learning from others and creating legacy to an older one in a situation that neither of his predecessors were ever in. I doubt Sony would ever be comfortable with either situation in their own films.

Astonishing Member

This guy says it’s been resolved and Venom is moving to MCU.
    https://youtu.be/onhygON2Vrk

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    This guy says it’s been resolved and Venom is moving to MCU.
    https://youtu.be/onhygON2Vrk
    Deadline and Variety are the places to go for that kind of thing to be confirmed. They are industry trade papers and are more accurate about this sort of thing.

Everything else is wishful thinking.

Yeah, I'd wait for an official announcement before celebrating.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

It痴 crazy how hard this situation is to keep up with because all of sudden there are reports that everything has been fixed. Clips on YouTube floating around confirming that the Disney/Marvel and Sony have made up. However you look through google and pretty much nothing positive is popping up. I wouldn稚 get too excited though.....like the above poster mentioned...we don稚 have a choice but to wait for an official announcement. I doubt that this could be rectified this easily and fast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Marvel killed off it's most popular and profitable character at the end of Endgame. That is by far having more balls that killing Gwen Stacy, something that was predictable, spoiled by Sony themselves, and came too soon if you ask me. For all the debate that goes around Endgame's execution, a large part of it is because it's a very bold and ambitious movie.

I don't even hate the TASM movies as much as others do, and yea the overall tone of those movies is more dramatic, but Spider-Man isn't always a dramatic character. I've always seen him more as a healthy mix between Superman's optimism and Batman's brooding. Part of why so many people like MCU Spider-Man is because him being more fun feels like a breath of fresh air. I'm not gonna argue comic book accuracy or anything, just overall execution. The MCU was setting up Peter Parker's life in a way that suddenly thrusting him in bigger, more dramatic and dire situations would have felt earned instead of right out the gate.

In my opinion, if both the Raimi and TASM series continued, they had a very high chance of becoming repetitive.
    Killing off Stark or Stacy has nothing to do with having balls and everything to do with the actors not wanting to return.