Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Disney appears to have a 25% share right now as opposed to the 5% from before. And now Peter can be in the Venomverse movies, which might mean they'll eventually be in the MCU. It's a win overall.
    It that's true it's fantastic news! I really don't mind Holland being in films with Venom and company if they can actually establish it as the MCU and still have Spidey in the MCU. AND hopefully have Norman Osborn as a major villain alongside Doom and Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I think this might be more related with the whole sale deal. They're probably at advanced talks with another company and some higher ups want to squeeze as much as they can before fully selling so they agreed to whatever Disney put on the table.
    Is Sony Studios getting sold off more than just a rumor at this point? I really don't hold that much stock in it.

Spectacular Member

no sure why people seem to think that Disney folded on this deal. They originally asked for 50% sony said 5%, Disney then said 30% sony said 5%. Now it comes out that the deal is 25%, sounds a lot more like Sony folded

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Is Sony Studios getting sold off more than just a rumor at this point? I really don't hold that much stock in it.
    They are in a better financial position than they were two years ago when the first rumbles of Apple potentially buying Sony Pictures came out. At some point, a official Sony executive mentioned that they entire future of the studio would depend on the Emoji movie, they were that bad. Add to that that at that time Apple wasn't aggressive about their streaming service.

Again they're better now, but still not exactly on the best legs. Apple is now serious about their streaming content and will definitely buy a studio, Sony or other, with Sony being the best candidate for their content and massive structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    They are in a better financial position than they were two years ago when the first rumbles of Apple potentially buying Sony Pictures came out. At some point, a official Sony executive mentioned that they entire future of the studio would depend on the Emoji movie, they were that bad. Add to that that at that time Apple wasn't aggressive about their streaming service.

Again they're better now, but still not exactly on the best legs. Apple is now serious about their streaming content and will definitely buy a studio, Sony or other, with Sony being the best candidate for their content and massive structure.
    Didn't the emoji movie flop? How are they better then?

So this deal allows for Sony to use him as well in their movies? Does Sony have any input in the next MCU movie also or is that strictly Disney?

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Disney appears to have a 25% share right now as opposed to the 5% from before. And now Peter can be in the Venomverse movies, which might mean they'll eventually be in the MCU. It's a win overall.
    Don't see how the Venom-verse movies going to the MCU is a good thing.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Didn't the emoji movie flop? How are they better then?
    It didn't flop. It did critically, but was a box-office success. They got better thanks mostly to the success of Venom and Homecoming, as well as some horror low-budget movies.

Their franchise films are the ones that put the studio in danger and in a rough position. Anything big budget that isn't Spider-Man related has been a bomb, with the exception of Jumanji.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Don't see how the Venom-verse movies going to the MCU is a good thing.
    I saw Venom. I really didn't think it was that bad. And Hardy is much better cast as the V-Man than *ugh* Topher Grace. I've got no problem with it, personally.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by maklelin highbain View Post
    no sure why people seem to think that Disney folded on this deal. They originally asked for 50% sony said 5%, Disney then said 30% sony said 5%. Now it comes out that the deal is 25%, sounds a lot more like Sony folded
    Yeah, Disney definitely won. They increased their potential profits by 500%.

You purposely ask for too much (50%) so you get a great compromise (25%). Basic negotiating 101.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I saw Venom. I really didn't think it was that bad. And Hardy is much better cast as the V-Man than *ugh* Topher Grace. I've got no problem with it, personally.
    I second this. Personally I’m looking forward to a Sony based Venom /Spider-Man movie more then the next MCU movie but I’m probably in the minority with that. Hearing that Venom and Spider-Man will be on screen together in a hopefully more mature take on the character was the best news of the day for me.

Maybe Disney just needs this extra time that the deal has given them to recoup a bit after purchasing Fox so they can buy up Sony's film division next?

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I second this. Personally I’m looking forward to a Sony based Venom /Spider-Man movie more then the next MCU movie but I’m probably in the minority with that. Hearing that Venom and Spider-Man will be on screen together in a hopefully more mature take on the character was the best news of the day for me.
    You're not alone in that minority. MCU Peter Parker has been a lot of "meh" for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Yeah, Disney definitely won. They increased their potential profits by 500%.

You purposely ask for too much (50%) so you get a great compromise (25%). Basic negotiating 101.
    Well, Disney has some conditions to meet. It's also likely Disney will invest in the budget at some level.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    producing for free? that's not the story i know.
    It's what was reported at the time; either he personally took a very low fee or nothing at all. I can't find any sources on it now with the recent news pushing all the old articles down though.

and if offering you a well earned raise means i'm out on the street, i love you man, but you ain't getting it.
    Then you don't get to cry foul if the other person walks away, tbh.

i think it's unfair to judge sony on past emails of things that never came to pass, and to not account for how far they have come since.

How far have they really come since? Venom was middling, Into The Spider-Verse succeeded in spite of itself while the main suits reportedly wrote it off and put their main attention elsewhere, and now they're floating Madame Web solos. Not enough to win my benefit of the doubt, yet.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«