Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    This is great news for me I'm probably the only one but I can't stand new Spidey whiny voice.

The question remains can Sony use the characters from MCU in their own universe?
    Obviously not. So it's going to be a mess.

Spectacular Member

This is great news for me I'm probably the only one but I can't stand new Spidey whiny voice.

The question remains can Sony use the Spider-Man characters from MCU in their own universe?
    Holland is signed on to do two more spidey movies lol.

And no.

The question remains can Sony use the Spider-Man characters from MCU in their own universe?
    Like Michelle and Ned probably.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Sony could not just leave well enough alone could they? And I know some aren't fans of MCU Spidey but just sit down and ask yourselves, do y'all really want the studio who screwed up his film franchise not once, but twice to have full creative control over him again?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Obviously not. So it's going to be a mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    Holland is signed on to do two more spidey movies lol.

And no.
    I figured as such. Thanks

Does this mean we can get Mary Jane Watson again instead of Michelle Jones please?

Amazing Member

I really hope the studios can work things out. I personally hate the majority of decisions sony has taken with all their spiderman movies. The only 2 good spiderman movies in my opinion are spiderman 1 and far from home.

I know people lpve spiderman 2 but a nice doc ock is a deal breaker for me. I like ass hole l, arrogant, im smarter then the rest of the world doc ock. I do not want to see doc ock sacrifice himself to save the city.

Homecoming was almost there, everything was pretty good until sony made the lame cliche movie trope where vulture is related to the girl he likes and then vulture figures out spidermans identity. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz vulture is just a common criminal type and not some nice guy trying to provide for his family.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Sony could not just leave well enough alone could they? And I know some aren't fans of MCU Spidey but just sit down and ask yourselves, do y'all really want the studio who screwed up his film franchise not once, but twice to have full creative control over him again?
    The only hope i have (and I'm not a huge fan of MCU Spidey ) but I think they still have the producer from the last one still involved.. Just not Feige and MCU involvement. So they do have the template so to speak still in place

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Does this mean we can get Mary Jane Watson again instead of Michelle Jones please?
    Wasn't Sony in control during the Sam Raimi movies?

Mighty Member

I'm worried, but at the same time I really think it's just a step in the negotiations. Spider-man is too integrated in the strategy of Disney and the MCU. Sony try to make more money and Disney try to use social medias to put pressure on them. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really think that it's business as usual and in one or two months they will reach an accord.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

**** this. **** everything about it.
    This is like dating someone casually to get the "benefits" and then leaving because you won the lottery. It's low on Sony's part, bad for Disney and the MCU, and it's stupid. Who cares what you thought of the films, having them in a cohesive universe made sense for the character (even the PS4 game understood that!).

So once again, I hate this.

Astonishing Member

I just think this is bad business on both sides. Disney wanting more profits is understandable but you're not going from 5% or whatever it is, to 50% and I do feel not having Spidey occasionally in the MCU hurts the MCU a little bit.. As for Sony, they think they have the formula down but if you go in a different direction, then the people that made The Holland Movies so successful might reject it. Its already taking a hit from fans on social media.

Not saying Spidey can't or won't survive as a movie franchise, I just feel like Sony used Disney and taking Spidey out of the MCU is going to have backlash so Sony's next move better be a home run.
    Not having Spidey in Captain Marvel, Jessica Drew or Avengers series hurts sales figures despite Carol and Jessica are close friends of Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    and dont forget uncle ben getting shot again too

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    so stupid of Sony good luck of making another successful spider-man movie
    They made Spider-Man 1 (which still has the highest US gross of these movies, adjusted for inflation), and Spider-Man 2, and Spider-Man 3 (less so compared to the others), ITSV, Venom.

So yeah Sony doesn't really need luck to make a successful Spider-Man movie. The entire deal was about MCU working for Sony. And by the way, the casting of Tom Holland, the casting of Keaton, and even the whole concept of Vulture in Homecoming that people like...those were all made by Sony. So I don't think Kevin Feige ever had as much of a say in these movies as people like to think he did.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Also, Perlmutter must be pissed. I know he's not in charge of films anymore, but given this guy's track record of reacting sanely to not having rights isn't the best.
    Perlmutter shafting the X-Men in favor of Inhumans happened before the Disney buyout. He has far less power now than he did before. However, he still has considerable say.

The Fox-X-Men deal was worse than the Sony one. In the case of Spider-Man, Disney Marvel get most of the money from merchandise and so on. So Spider-Man is still big. The only thing that Perlmutter might do is insist that Spider-Man stop being an Avenger and be confined to his own corner and so on...which would creatively be to Spider-Man's strength. The Shrared Universe has always been to Spider-Man's loss and rarely his profit. He is essentially a standalone character and works best that way.

I just think this is bad business on both sides.
    I think this is Disney's fault more than Sony's.

Disney wanting more profits is understandable but you're not going from 5% or whatever it is, to 50% and I do feel not having Spidey occasionally in the MCU hurts the MCU a little bit..
    According to the deal, Sony makes money only from MCU solo movies. So far Spider-Man has appeared in 5 MCU movies -- Civil War, Infinity War, Endgame, and Spider-Man Homecoming and Spider-Man FFH. ON the whole, Marvel still made more money from that partnership.

This is just a stupid attempt to gobble more.

As for Sony, they think they have the formula down but if you go in a different direction, then the people that made The Holland Movies so successful might reject it. Its already taking a hit from fans on social media.
    Tom Holland was cast by Sony. Tom Holland's contract is with Sony. So Tom Holland knows where his paycheck came from, and he knows he wasn't Kevin Feige's first choice and was nominated by Pascal and others. So he will be Spider-Man for the next couple of movies.

I just feel like Sony used Disney and taking Spidey out of the MCU is going to have backlash so Sony's next move better be a home run.
    I don't think Sony felt like they had the choice. They need Spider-Man to survive as a studio, and that means most Spidey profits. Disney asking for 50% share from Spider-Man movies is a ridiculous move when you consider. Sony Pictures makes money from making movies. Disney doesn't. The motion picture business is only a small part of the Disney empire and they make very few movies and they own too many IP as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Not having Spidey in Captain Marvel, Jessica Drew or Avengers series hurts sales figures despite Carol and Jessica are close friends of Peter Parker.
    hes barely in their comics like why should that matter?