Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I figured the animated movie would be seen as separate from the live-action endeavors,
    Not all of us are snobs.

but now that you've said that, may I ask what inclines you to say, "And Homecoming and Far From Home haven't been universally popular exactly."
    People have had issues with MCU Spider-Man, "Iron Boy" or "Iron Man Jr". and so on. Uncle Ben not being mentioned and generally being an incompetent with short attention span and weird priorities. Not making his suit. These complaints are around everywhere.

I admit I've lost a lot of the luster I once had for MCU Spider-Man, so I'm not too bothered by this (especially if it means we can get a solo Spider-Man film without a single mention of Tony Stark) but I can understand people who enjoyed having Holland in a shared Marvel Universe would be disappointed.

But to be honest I felt like this was always going to happen when you had Disney and Sony trying to maintain a "shared rights" situation with such a major IP.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Not all of us are snobs.
    lol snobs.

At any rate, I mean, with me personally being more of an animation fan than a live-action fan to being with, I'll say that if Sony helps keep making more Spider-Man movies like Into the Spider-Verse, then perhaps this outcome won't be as bad as some may make it out to be.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 08-20-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Even though i love the movies im a comic fan first, so my real concern is how this could affect Spider-man Comics, 'cause we all know what happened with X-Men and the Fantastic Four.

Also, if the reports are correct how can anyone blame Sony about the deal falling off? Disney got way to greedy here, there's no way what they proposed can work out for Sony. Disney's alreaday proffiting from Spidey in the MCU movies and more importantly merchandise and now they are asking for 50% of the box office as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I admit I've lost a lot of the luster I once had for MCU Spider-Man, so I'm not too bothered by this (especially if it means we can get a solo Spider-Man film without a single mention of Tony Stark) but I can understand people who enjoyed having Holland in a shared Marvel Universe would be disappointed.

But to be honest I felt like this was always going to happen when you had Disney and Sony trying to maintain a "shared rights" situation with such a major IP.
    This is pretty much where i stand.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Imago View Post
    Even though i love the movies im a comic fan first, so my real concern is how this could affect Spider-man Comics, 'cause we all know what happened with X-Men and the Fantastic Four.

Also, if the reports are correct how can anyone blame Sony about the deal falling off? Disney got way to greedy here, there's no way what they proposed can work out for Sony. Disney's alreaday proffiting from Spidey in the MCU movies and more importantly merchandise and now they are asking for 50% of the box office as well?
    Disney doesn't do anything haphazardly. I'm sure they offered Sony a deal they would refuse, for some nefarious reason.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

And Homecoming and Far From Home haven't been universally popular exactly.

The film just made a billion and has a A plus CinemaScore. Non comic fans like the film. My family loves the films and they are not comic fans like I am.

Well this is just all kinds of depressing. I don't care how much they deviated from the source, the MCU Spidey was a fucking godsend compared to Maguire and Garfield. I think the only thing that really bothered me was replacing Uncle Ben with Tony Stark. But I've come to even prefer that over seeing Ben compete with Bruce Wayne's parents over who can die the most times. Like the other two iterations, the MCU Spidey was different...but he did things differently in the best way and I think Holland did a good job on the role of the rookie hero who's just starting to make his mark, the way Peter was when he first started out.

Hell, I even like their twist on Mary Jane. And stuff like that would normally piss me off. But...it just...works, somehow. I hope Disney and Sony get their heads out of their asses and reach some kind of agreement (though I do think Disney is in the right for wanting more). Because I can't bear to lose this Spidey. He's just...Amazing (pun intended)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    It's been longer than that. Longer than that for all of this. Corporations going back to even Marvel themselves screwing over the character for the past TEN F****ING YEARS.
    Corporations cannot and should not be trusted with these beloved IPs and characters. They see them as simply farms for money. We see them as actual characters with stories that have beginnings, middles, and, hopefully, ends.

Blaming just Disney does nothing. Blaming just Sony does nothing. Blaming just Marvel does nothing. We need to get Spider-Man away from the corporate stupidity that has plagued the character for a long, long time.
    The corporate stupidity and greed unfortunately infects everything in society and has for a long time, much to what I frankly believe is the overall detriment of said society, though that may be a heavier topic than we can discuss here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Seriously? So now we aren’t going to have that mid credits scene explored further? Ugh!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Seriously? So now we aren’t going to have that mid credits scene explored further? Ugh!!
    My reaction, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    This has been said before but I'll say it again.

There absolutely will be another Tom Holland Spider-Man. It will be a sequel to Far From Home.

However it won't refer to Iron Man, the Avengers or stuff like "The blip". No Happy Hogan. No cutesie AI left behind by "Mister Stark". No William Ginter Riva (i.e. box-with-scraps guy who now works as Mysterio's bestie).

Sony owns the rights to all Spider-Man characters and more important it owns rights to their versions of the characters. Jameson is a Spider-Man character. Tom Holland and all the cast in the solo-movies have contract with Sony and not Disney-Marvel.

More or less you will get a Spider-Man movie that follows on that stinger. And to be honest, it wouldn't be hard to do without the MCU.

iMan 42s

So it's basically dead?

What a complete fucking waste.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The corporate stupidity and greed unfortunately infects everything in society and has for a long time, much to what I frankly believe is the overall detriment of said society, though that may be a heavier topic than we can discuss here.
    No, let's discuss it. This is why Marvel and DC will die off sooner than we think. They brought this on themselves, chasing money for years in a dying industry to try and spread it to multimedia, making dumbass deals with film and TV companies that don't give a damn about these characters...the cycle continues to perpetuate and infect every f'ing facet of our miserable, misbegotten lives. I hate this with every fiber of my being, and will not watch Marvel films, Sony films, Disney films, or whatever ever again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    No, let's discuss it. This is why Marvel and DC will die off sooner than we think. They brought this on themselves, chasing money for years in a dying industry to try and spread it to multimedia, making dumbass deals with film and TV companies that don't give a damn about these characters...the cycle continues to perpetuate and infect every f'ing facet of our miserable, misbegotten lives. I hate this with every fiber of my being, and will not watch Marvel films, Sony films, Disney films, or whatever ever again.
    I think you may be taking this a bit too seriously, man.