Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Star Wars and the Current Generation

Been seeing stuff like this lately that the current downturn of the Star Wars franchise may be due to it not capturing the current generation of children and young adults.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...vel-generation

When I think about it, I haven't seen a modern child with any kind of Star Wars merch.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Been seeing stuff like this lately that the current downturn of the Star Wars franchise may be due to it not capturing the current generation of children and young adults.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...vel-generation

When I think about it, I haven't seen a modern child with any kind of Star Wars merch.
    I don't know, wasn't Rey reported to be the #3 best selling girls Halloween costume(only behind Elsa and Ana) just last year? And I see little kids with Star Wars Legos all the time

The way Star Wars has been handled on almost all fronts (movies, games, TV shows) isn't doing it any favors.

It isn't necessarily shocking that a franchise that's main marketing focus continues to be nostalgia for 40 year old movies wouldn't necessarily catch on like wildfire with children.

That being said, I've still seen plenty evidence of interest from children these days.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    That being said, I've still seen plenty evidence of interest from children these days.
    Yeah, toys are still around, three cartoons in recent memory. It's part of out culture now. It's not going anywhere or going to skip a generation.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

My wife is from China and she never saw the original Star Wars. Unfortunately the only two Star Wars movies she saw were from the new Trilogy. Neither of us liked it.

Taking her to see two broadway shows. In exchange she watches just one movie from the Original Trilogy with me and if she doesn't like it, I'll stop bothering her

As for this generation. My friend's kids loved the Clone Wars Cartoons. Made me smile when they all said they liked Anakin the most.

It may depend on what you are and what you were raised on. My dad is the one I have to credit with pulling me into Star Wars. For others however what they've grown up with is the MCU.

BANNED

Who wants kids... i joined in to local star wars fan group on facebook and it was full of brats... there wasn't one single decent question or answer or sentence... i was like god damn it, i thought they were in to harry potter or twighlight or some other retarded crap, these kids are a plague... retarded brats....
    Last edited by Gurz; 09-25-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Who wants kids... i joined in to local star wars fan group on facebook and it was full of brats... there wasn't one single decent question or answer or sentence... i was like god damn it, i thought they were in to harry potter or twighlight or some other retarded crap, these kids are a plague... retarded brats....
    Companies want kids because they will (hopefully) be fans for life.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Companies want kids because they will (hopefully) be fans for life.
    I mean you can't have something go on for another 40 years without trying to get the attention of kids.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting