Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I don't believe that Flash movie is happening for a second.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about Matrix 4? Do we need another one after the way the 3rd one ended?
    I agree on both fronts but atleast the matrix thing should be bigger news. I only liked one movie but all 3 were pretty big.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I don't believe that Flash movie is happening for a second.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about Matrix 4? Do we need another one after the way the 3rd one ended?
    We didn't need a third one after the disaster that was the second one. So...yeah...I will be cautiously watching this on a stream or redbox whim at best.

Astonishing Member

I have no horse in this race. But as an old time Spiderman reader and yea I know I am old bla bla I hated the MCU Spiderman. He was never anyones tool or buddy, or wore tech suits. That wasn't him. He was a rebel in the Marvel universe and didn't get along with anyone except daredevil ( sometimes). Thats the Spiderman I liked. I enjoyed him interacting with the rest of the Marvel universe but this bowing down to tony stark was to weird and different to me. I know people can say well hey get with the times or whatever. But this isn't spider man. Its a guy in a spider man costume playing a totally different character to me. If it entertains people well I suppose thats the ultimate goal. To me they fundamentally changed the character, just not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I have no horse in this race. But as an old time Spiderman reader and yea I know I am old bla bla I hated the MCU Spiderman. He was never anyones tool or buddy, or wore tech suits. That wasn't him. He was a rebel in the Marvel universe and didn't get along with anyone except daredevil ( sometimes). Thats the Spiderman I liked. I enjoyed him interacting with the rest of the Marvel universe but this bowing down to tony stark was to weird and different to me. I know people can say well hey get with the times or whatever. But this isn't spider man. Its a guy in a spider man costume playing a totally different character to me. If it entertains people well I suppose thats the ultimate goal. To me they fundamentally changed the character, just not my cup of tea.
    Fair viewpoint , they changed alot to tie him stronger to the MCU mostly with Stark and Happy. I think the reason the General audience loves him so much is that hes different. For us we want something more like the comics the random person on the street is probaly just happey we didnt have to reboot and tell the same story beats all over for a 3rd time. For better or worse Marvel went their own way to avoid doing the exact same things the last 2 did. But yea they'res a part of me that feels that when I watch the movies but I end up enjoying them so much and feel like they're so well made that I end up just accepting this as a version of Peter just not Thee Peter from the comics.

I'm not a die hard Spider-Man fan, so the changes didn't irk me as much as others. I do respect the desire for a more comic accurate depiction of one's favorite character though. I know how annoying it is to see drastic changes made to a character you like just for the sake of telling a different type of story.

What made these changes bearable to me, as a casual fan, is that I think it's very believable. Peter is a young teenager, who looks up to an established hero, who is actually a superhero. I think the admiration and emulation makes sense to a degree, but I can see where the dissatisfaction comes from if it goes too strongly in that direction.

Spider-Man should definitely be his own hero and stand on his own two feet, but I am fine with him emulating Tony Stark if it was only one arc and we were guaranteed to get a more indepedent Peter Parker down the line in further movies.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The article says 30% is the minimum:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...nymore-1233644
    I had a feeling you would cite that. I don’t know about you but when I read that article I read a journalist who had very little idea what was happening, but had space to fill.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Sony's name is on the last two movies but we all know it's Marvel's vision right? He auditioned with the Russo's, was Feige's guy, etc. Sony may have had the final say, but I'm pretty sure it was the Disney folks that made the choice.
    Yes, Feige and co. Persuaded Pascal and co. To hire Holland. But note the power dynamics there. Pascal had final say. If, as the reports suggested Holland wasn’t her first choice that just demonstrates that the relationship was one of trust, with eyes on a wider vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Wasnt it stated that Feige had final veto power on all creative decisions for these movies?
    If that was the case, surely they would have payed him more? (Or at all.) It would also go against the press release which clearly says Sony had final say. Press releases by public companies have a legal obligation to reflect the truth to their shareholders. So no.

Many in the press spun things that way. If you believe them everything that has ever happened with the MCU is down to him. For some reason the entertainment press worship at Feige’s feet, inflating his importance at Disney. Probably because the press need a public figure we recognise to hang their stories on.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    You might be a little too sure. I've heard Disney wanted Asa Butterfield, and Sony wanted (and got) Holland. But of course neither you or I know what really went down
    Which only goes to show we don’t have as many facts as we think we do. The press feed on each other. The loudest theories become facts. They are often nothing of the sort.

—-

In general the entertainment press like to make everything much more antagonistic and clear cut than things really are between Sony and Disney. Why? Because the fans see it like that, and that’s who they want to read their articles.

Mark my words, if they come to an amicable agreement they will spin it as if one or other of them has backed down, and that will become received wisdom forever.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-23-2019 at 03:53 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I enjoy the MCU Spider-Man because of how different it is. We had Spider-Man as a solo hero for five films being caught in the middle Osborn family drama. Seeing him integrated into a much larger world bigger than himself was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I enjoy the MCU Spider-Man because of how different it is. We had Spider-Man as a solo hero for five films being caught in the middle Osborn family drama. Seeing him integrated into a much larger world bigger than himself was great.
    Yeah, I agree. For a variety of reasons the MCU Spider-Man was a more fresh approach to the character, as opposed to re-inventing the wheel over and over again in a relatiely short period of time. It's exactly what the franchise needed.

BANNED

This turned out to be a bad business deal for Disney. Sony took advantage of Disney narrow sighted for a universe. Sony saw that Disney was so hell-bent on a huge cinematic universe, they swooped in and profited off of Disney’s narrow sightedness. Disney stupidly let Sony profit off the MCU popularity and all Disney got was 5%, which was actually less than that, because Disney paid a fee to Sony when Spider-Man show up in CW, IW and EG.
    Sony thinking was let scrap TASM 3 , because Disney is stupidity going to let us in the poplar MCU and pay us when our property appears in does MCU movies.
    The irony is the MCU didn’t need Spider-Man and he was only a minor character, but Sony is laughing all the way to the bank.

Maybe Disney isn’t as smart as we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    This turned out to be a bad business deal for Disney. Sony took advantage of Disney narrow sighted for a universe. Sony saw that Disney was so hell-bent on a huge cinematic universe, they swooped in and profited off of Disney’s narrow sightedness. Disney stupidly let Sony profit off the MCU popularity and all Disney got was 5%, which was actually less than that, because Disney paid a fee to Sony when Spider-Man show up in CW, IW and EG.
    Sony thinking was let scrap TASM 3 , because Disney is stupidity going to let us in the poplar MCU and pay us when our property appears in does MCU movies.
    The irony is the MCU didn’t need Spider-Man and he was only a minor character, but Sony is laughing all the way to the bank.

Maybe Disney isn’t as smart as we thought.
    I think marvel is happy. They added another billion dollar movie to their relatively impressive streak of box office sucesses. And they still benefit from the profits generated from the IP outside of the actual box office gain. Spider-Man doing well, even in a Sony film, ultimately benefits marvel too.

There were no losers in the arrangement. It was win win all around. But yes, MCU ultimately didn't need Spider-Man. They managed to get him at the right time though, so it all worked out in the end.

This is fresh from yahoo dumping news ground.

https://news.yahoo.com/sony-thinks-b...204327983.html
    ''Sony thinks it can make billion-dollar Spider-Man movies without Marvel. It can’t''.

Blah, sony are the villians. whah, sony cant make a billion dollar spiderman movie even though the raimi movies would be billion dollars movies today and venom made 800m.

Are people still asking me to trust any kind of yahoo marvel movie review after this bs epic fail in journalism?

This is not bias, this is journalism embarrassment.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

There’s pretty much going to be loyalists on both sides, I mean CBR appears to be pretty pro Disney going by their articles so far.

Also now we have rumours about a new 30-70 deal being agreed on with plans for a new trilogy of films with Holland’s Spider-Man and relationships with characters like Human Torch, Iceman and Firestar. Take with a bit of a grain of salt...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    There’s pretty much going to be loyalists on both sides, I mean CBR appears to be pretty pro Disney going by their articles so far.

Also now we have rumours about a new 30-70 deal being agreed on with plans for a new trilogy of films with Holland’s Spider-Man and relationships with characters like Human Torch, Iceman and Firestar. Take with a bit of a grain of salt...
    The bias to Marvel Studios far out weight the bias to others. why else does GOTG 2 as awful , silly and a forgettable part of the mcu can still get the same 84% RT likes as Batman Begins or Deadpool that were game changes in their own film series.

I have not read any thing on cbr but I feel sad that CBR is pro disney than neutral.

Astonishing Member

Spidey's Rogue Gallery is huge enough to have movies churning out for decades. Endless films, endless possibilities. Carnage will have his own franchise after debuting in Venom. I want to see a Spider-Gwen movie as well as Spider-Ham. Sony will make this happen.