Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Brandon Routh Superman

Is the Brandon Routh Superman in the movies the same Superman in the Brandon Routh Superman in the movie Superman Returns?

In the movies? There’s only been one Brandon Routh Superman movie. If you mean to ask if the one wearing the Kingdom Come costume is the same one from Superman Returns, they haven’t said but probably not. Technically, the Routh Superman is supposed to be the Reeve Superman and I don’t think the CW shows would mess with that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    In the movies? There’s only been one Brandon Routh Superman movie. If you mean to ask if the one wearing the Kingdom Come costume is the same one from Superman Returns, they haven’t said but probably not. Technically, the Routh Superman is supposed to be the Reeve Superman and I don’t think the CW shows would mess with that guy.
    Isn't Tyler Hoechlin supposed to be the Christopher Reeve Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post

There are similarities between them, but even ignoring the 70 setting for Reeves movies, the Supergirl in his franchise is pretty obviously not the same character as the tv Supergirl. If you ignore the time period and the Supergirl movie spin off, you also have to ignore Jimmy being completely different. I just don't think of them as the same continuity.
    I'd be interested in hearing your argument on why they are the same.

He's in the same vein as Christoper Reeve but that's different from actually being intended to be the Reeve Superman.

Unless the Jimmy Olson of that world got some pretty serious plastic surgery, I don’t think they’re supposed to be from the same world.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    There are similarities between them, but even ignoring the 70 setting for Reeves movies, the Supergirl in his franchise is pretty obviously not the same character as the tv Supergirl. If you ignore the time period and the Supergirl movie spin off, you also have to ignore Jimmy being completely different. I just don't think of them as the same continuity.
    Granted there are some details that are different. But I am more referring to the aw shucks attitude of the character when he is on the phone with Perry White. Plus the happy go lucky smiling guy when he was Superman.
    We didn't see that with Henry Cavill or even Brandon Routh. Both of them were far too mopey. For me this is the closest we have come personality wise to the Christopher Reeve Superman.

Afaik

Supergirl show Superman is similar to but not the same as Donner Superman.
    Superman Returns Superman is supposed to be a direct sequel to Superman 1 and 2.
    Brandon Routh as Kingdom Come Superman will most likely be his own thing with maybe a vague idea that he's Donner Superman

There are similarities between them, but even ignoring the 70 setting for Reeves movies.
    A lot like the comics the bond movies horror movies or what have you the setting never really matters that much it's a floating timeline.

Retired

I think the Hoechlin Superman is supposed to be an amalgamation of every single on-screen version of Superman. Although his uniform leans toward the Cavillverse.

Quote Originally Posted by pelletboy View Post
    Is the Brandon Routh Superman in the movies the same Superman in the Brandon Routh Superman in the movie Superman Returns?
    Welcome.

The way you phrased that is a bit confusing. The Brandon Routh Superman from Superman Returns is supposed to be the same character that Christopher Reeve played in Superman the Movie and Superman II.
    Power with Girl is better.

Amazing Member

You mean to say even the Supergirl movie is tied to and a spinoff of Donner and Brandon Routh Superman?

Ultimate Member

You mean to say even the Supergirl movie is tied to and a spinoff of Donner and Brandon Routh Superman?
    The original Supergirl movie is very much in the Donnerverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The original Supergirl movie is very much in the Donnerverse.
    Yeah Jimmy was even in the movie in a supporting role.

Originally Superman was supposed to be in the Supergirl movie but Christopher Reeve didn't want to do it.