Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Tbh I didn't think anything of it at the time either and thought the same. Just the timing of the sony deal seemed odd to me. There very well be absolutely no correlation between the two. I was just looking at it from a business perspective and even without the rumor I can definitely see Disney/Marvel having concerns over her popularity. Again, I don't think she is resonating with their target audience as well as they had hoped. Pretty sure they were hoping for the next wonder woman. Do I think it's a rumor, yes, but do I also see Disney/Marvel being concerned about the future of the character, yes.
    I still think you're using the word "rumor" incorrectly.

One person's ramblings =\= a rumor.

Here's the link:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotth...in-marvel/amp/

Again this was just a rumor, I just find it interesting that a few days later Sony and Disney/Marvel strike a deal.

Although Captain Marvel earned $1 billion, maybe Disney and Marvel were unsure if it was because people wanted to see the character or because people thought they had to watch it because it was going to tie in heavily to endgame. My opinion is the latter is more true. Many people who I know that watched the film thought that it wasn't that great and that it was just okay. Maybe they have plans to make her more appealing in future films that involve pairing her up with Marvel's most popular character spiderman.
    sYoutuber Overlord DVD!?! Yeah, that is about as believable as the Flat Earthers on YouTube. And I for one loved Carol Danvers. Sounds more like other people with a probllem with a strong woman. (not meaning you)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Here's the link:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotth...in-marvel/amp/

Again this was just a rumor, I just find it interesting that a few days later Sony and Disney/Marvel strike a deal.
    I can almost guarantee that this is BS. For one thing, it is from We Got This Covered. If you look back at their record with stories, especially regarding the Spider-Man deal, it isn’t great. The timing that could be suspect is certainly more apt if we are discussing things like Feige getting a Star Wars movie into production. I mean, that was JUST the day before. I still think it mostly has something to do with Sony wanting to get a deal done so they could have a Spider-Man film out in 2021 without creative issues and getting it done before the physical media copies of Spider-Man: Far From Home went out.

Although Captain Marvel earned $1 billion, maybe Disney and Marvel were unsure if it was because people wanted to see the character or because people thought they had to watch it because it was going to tie in heavily to endgame. My opinion is the latter is more true. Many people who I know that watched the film thought that it wasn't that great and that it was just okay. Maybe they have plans to make her more appealing in future films that involve pairing her up with Marvel's most popular character spiderman.
    I think that this is unlikely. I figure Captain Marvel 2 will probably end up being another prequel story given the way the first one ended, with Jude Law’s character going back to the Kree empty handed and Roman still a legitimate part of the Kree’s military. There is an interesting story to tell there about war and peace, and how it is brokered to get to the events of Guardians of the Galaxy. That would be YEARS before Spider-Man was active. I think that Captain Marvel is perfectly likable. And Marvel probably isn’t expecting billion dollar outings for every film they put out. They would probably be happy with a performer that goes the distance with somewhere between $750-900 million.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I can almost guarantee that this is BS. For one thing, it is from We Got This Covered. If you look back at their record with stories, especially regarding the Spider-Man deal, it isn’t great. The timing that could be suspect is certainly more apt if we are discussing things like Feige getting a Star Wars movie into production. I mean, that was JUST the day before. I still think it mostly has something to do with Sony wanting to get a deal done so they could have a Spider-Man film out in 2021 without creative issues and getting it done before the physical media copies of Spider-Man: Far From Home went out.

I think that this is unlikely. I figure Captain Marvel 2 will probably end up being another prequel story given the way the first one ended, with Jude Law’s character going back to the Kree empty handed and Roman still a legitimate part of the Kree’s military. There is an interesting story to tell there about war and peace, and how it is brokered to get to the events of Guardians of the Galaxy. That would be YEARS before Spider-Man was active. I think that Captain Marvel is perfectly likable. And Marvel probably isn’t expecting billion dollar outings for every film they put out. They would probably be happy with a performer that goes the distance with somewhere between $750-900 million.
    I don't think that Marvel would do another prequel with this character. After seeing far from home end credits, it seems that her next film will more than likely take place after the events of far from home. Also I have to disagree with Marvel/Disney being okay with a $750-900 million performer from this particular character because they are rebuilding in a sense that their first set of characters are being "retired" so they are looking at characters like black panther and captain marvel to help fill the void left by iron man, captain America, hulk, and thor. It's not just films either, the merchandise that they've sold during the past 11 years plays a part in this process too. In my area I don't see little kids purchasing captain marvel toys as much as the others. That could change, afterall she's only had one movie. I could be wrong, and hope I am because it would be great for little girls and women to have more representation.

There's no reason to believe the whole "Captain Marvel and Spidey pairing to make the former 'likable'" thing was anything other then haters' mad wishing; tracing the rumor back to the source leads to a YouTube channel (so not a reliable source if information), it doesn't pass the smell test (why would Marvel tie the future of one of the franchise's key players going forward to a character that they have shaky access to), and doesn't fit what we've seen (e.g. the observable fact that Captain Marvel was popular and successful as is).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    There's no reason to believe the whole "Captain Marvel and Spidey pairing to make the former 'likable'" thing was anything other then haters' mad wishing; tracing the rumor back to the source leads to a YouTube channel (so not a reliable source if information), it doesn't pass the smell test (why would Marvel tie the future of one of the franchise's key players going forward to a character that they have shaky access to), and doesn't fit what we've seen (e.g. the observable fact that Captain Marvel was popular and successful as is).
    Also that rumor was started by the same Youtuber who thought Sony could get that deceased kid the Spider-Man Tombstone when the Marvel deal fell apart. He didn't even know or understand Sony only has film rights but he has a "source" with detailed Marvel Studios plans?

This article covers the silly Captain Marvel 2 rumor well.

https://www.inverse.com/article/5949...r-von-doomcock

All I have to say is I saw clickbait royalty "We Got this Covered" and "Cosmic Book News" is involved and I just shaked my head.

I have been digesting the Spidy is back news for a bit. Partly because I mever doubted he would be and said so many times. But the more I reflect on the way this went the more it feels like the news story never quite got to the bottom of this deal.

When the new deal was finally announced it had far too much detail for something worked out in a short space of time, suggesting that most of this was already in place. We knew Pascal had made special arrangements to ensure she was still around despite her new role at Universal, we knew Marvel wanted to co-finance, we knew the MCU would want to use Holland again and at least some of us knew that the MCU characters were always going to show up in the next Spider-Man movie.

The only parts that seem to have been uncertain were Feige’s involvement and the new facts about Sony being able to share details about the MCU stories in their own films.

What is being reported as the MCU getting their way actually looks like the opposite. Disney caused this rift by trying to pull Feige out and Sony called their bluff. And now Disney have put Feige back on the table and conceded a part of their previously closed narrative. That means Venom movies can properly be in the world in a more natural manner by acknowledging other events. That will further convince a large part of the audience that they are all MCU movies (all my non-comic friends think this already).

So effectively this was a deal in progress about the final details of a mostly done deal with a release date already planned and Holland appearances already scheduled, just waiting for somebody to blink. Disney blinked first.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

According to Charlemagne the God Tyresse Gibson told him that his Morbius contract includes MCU appearances. Tyresse has lost his god damn mind as of late so idk if I buy it

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    According to Charlemagne the God Tyresse Gibson told him that his Morbius contract includes MCU appearances. Tyresse has lost his god damn mind as of late so idk if I buy it
    Exactly, Tyrese is a madman lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    Exactly, Tyrese is a madman lol
    Let's pretend this is true. Who could Tyresse be playing that would make sense being in anything outside of the Morbius movie. Thought he was just playing some made up FBI agent whos hunting down Morbius and I assume become his Ally.

Let's pretend this is true. Who could Tyresse be playing that would make sense being in anything outside of the Morbius movie. Thought he was just playing some made up FBI agent whos hunting down Morbius and I assume become his Ally.
    Well maybe he is playing a character that will turn up in the next Spider-Man movie. That’s not infeasible.

P.S. I am far more likely to go and see Morbius at the cinema now that the MCU deal has been extended.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-04-2019 at 09:59 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well maybe he is playing a character that will turn up in the next Spider-Man movie. That’s not infeasible.

P.S. I am far more likely to go and see Morbius at the cinema now that the MCU deal has been extended.
    Well Tyrese is playing Simon Stroud apparently. A Ex CIA agent who hunts Morbius and Manwolf in the comics. The only way I can see him being in the MCU is if he becomes a supporting character in Moonknight. They can be Ex mercenary buddies and Both have some intrest in the supernatural.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 10-04-2019 at 04:43 PM.

BANNED

Well Tyrese is playing Marcus Stroud apparently. A Ex CIA agent who hunts Morbius and Manwolf in the comics. The only way I can see him being in the MCU is if he becomes a supporting character in Moonknight. They can be Ex mercenary buddies and Both have some intrest in the supernatural.
    Small correction: Simon Stroud. Marcus was a helluva nose tackle though!

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Small correction: Simon Stroud. Marcus was a helluva nose tackle though!
    Lol he sure was. I'll fix it.