Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
Its weird some people are saying spiderman 3 killed the franchise. reviews were mixed, there was a lot of studio internal issues since Raimi did not want to use venom, the movie earned its budgets back.What killed the franchise was when Raimi left before spiderman 4 went into production. Sometimes I am shocked by how much the narrative has so much change because of the MCU. I would commend the spiderman fans as I am one, the narrative was to use homecoming to wipe out sam raimi's spiderman impact, this is the reason the movie for a long time was portrayed as the best spiderman we have seen but many spiderman fans were not having it. they saw right through Disney's agenda and they also had the comics.
Dude, the narrative that Sony slaughtered the Raimi series was there long before Marvel Studios got into the picture. Think about it; pretty much all the major problems in the movie are traced back to Sony's demands for the movie. They also were the ones who insisted that Raimi finished the movie by a deadline he couldn't work with (a year before ASM1 was released, so we do know that they could've given him the time needed to make things work.) So, make of that what you will.

(As far as the whole idea that Marvel Studios wanted to wipe out the previous movies "impact," what is in the water here?)

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
Spending time here and on the spiderman forum, I am truly shocked to see just how much many spiderman fans dislike holland's spiderman, even dubbing him '''Iron Boy''. I guess Disney land has never been reality for real. those that think spiderman 3 killed the franchise, If sony announces a spiderman 4 tomorrow, there would be no bigger comic news story until the movie is out.
It will be big news for sure, but wanna bet how much of the anticipation will be on whether Sony can pull it off solo, given their checked batting average? The fact that they got labeled the bad guys from day one says a lot about how they're perceived as Spidey content creators based on their past work and the overall reception of the MCU Spidey series.