Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 602
  1. #271
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,139

    Default

    Also, people forget that Sony signed a big deal with Lord and Miller. How do we know they didn't expect something like this, and decided that the minds behind Spider-Verse could be a potential easy replacement of Feige if their partnership broke down? If I was Sony, I'd let Lord and Miller take over Spider-Man characters (as well as letting them do their own original movies).

  2. #272
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    Holland just unfollowed Sony related media accounts on his IG haha.
    Let him cry for awhile, he should be adult enough to understand that this is a business and he was hired by Sony (not Marvel).

  3. #273
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Okay then quantify your facts. Because I've seen just as many people bitching at Disney for wanting 50% and being greedy. Don't call things facts if you can't back them up
    I already did. Twitter trends are quantifiable.

  4. #274
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Let him cry for awhile, he should be adult enough to understand that this is a business and he was hired by Sony (not Marvel).
    I'm fairly confident that isnt true.

  5. #275
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I'm fairly confident that isnt true.
    How is it not when they wanted a younger Spider-Man, too, and had final creative say? [Live-action film] Spider-Man is their IP, and they foot the bill....why wouldn't be the ones to ultimately make the final decision to cast Holland?

    I mean his contract is with Sony, not Disney/Marvel, for a reason. Hell, he's also contracted to be a young Nathan Drake.

  6. #276
    Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    3,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    When you say “found out” what exactly do you mean. Have you got a reliable source? Besides, Sony may not be interested in co-financed movies. They have cash from the current success of Spider-Man.
    The article says 30% is the minimum:

    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...nymore-1233644
    Now listen to me, Clark! This great strength of yours--you've got to hide it from people or they'll be scared of you!

  7. #277
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    How is it not when they wanted a younger Spider-Man, too, and had final creative say? [Live-action film] Spider-Man is their IP, and they foot the bill....why wouldn't be the ones to ultimately make the final decision to cast Holland?

    I mean his contract is with Sony, not Disney/Marvel, for a reason. Hell, he's also contracted to be a young Nathan Drake.
    Sony's name is on the last two movies but we all know it's Marvel's vision right? He auditioned with the Russo's, was Feige's guy, etc. Sony may have had the final say, but I'm pretty sure it was the Disney folks that made the choice.

  8. #278
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,313

    Default

    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  9. #279
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Also, people forget that Sony signed a big deal with Lord and Miller. How do we know they didn't expect something like this, and decided that the minds behind Spider-Verse could be a potential easy replacement of Feige if their partnership broke down? If I was Sony, I'd let Lord and Miller take over Spider-Man characters (as well as letting them do their own original movies).
    Rothman and Amy Pascal will run the ship if this deal with Marvel isn't renewed. Unless it's a Spiderverse sequel Lord and Miller ain't gotta lead anything.

  10. #280
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Rothman and Amy Pascal will run the ship if this deal with Marvel isn't renewed. Unless it's a Spiderverse sequel Lord and Miller ain't gotta lead anything.
    They dont have to but if Sony is smart they would put them in charge and stay hands off for the most part.

  11. #281
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Sony's name is on the last two movies but we all know it's Marvel's vision right? He auditioned with the Russo's, was Feige's guy, etc. Sony may have had the final say, but I'm pretty sure it was the Disney folks that made the choice.
    Wasnt it stated that Feige had final veto power on all creative decisions for these movies?

  12. #282
    MYTH SMITH ∞ !!! G. Boney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Also, people forget that Sony signed a big deal with Lord and Miller. How do we know they didn't expect something like this, and decided that the minds behind Spider-Verse could be a potential easy replacement of Feige if their partnership broke down? If I was Sony, I'd let Lord and Miller take over Spider-Man characters (as well as letting them do their own original movies).
    I'd definitely be interested in seeing what L & M would do with live action Spidey. I'm still in the "Sony & Disney will eventually make a deal" camp, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Sony's name is on the last two movies but we all know it's Marvel's vision right? He auditioned with the Russo's, was Feige's guy, etc. Sony may have had the final say, but I'm pretty sure it was the Disney folks that made the choice.
    You might be a little too sure. I've heard Disney wanted Asa Butterfield, and Sony wanted (and got) Holland. But of course neither you or I know what really went down
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

  13. #283
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    You might be a little too sure. I've heard Disney wanted Asa Butterfield, and Sony wanted (and got) Holland. But of course neither you or I know what really went down
    Interesting. You're right, I'm definitely not sure, but it has been presented publicly that it was Disney that wanted Holland. Reading this sounds like Holland was a mutual decision and Watts was all Feige.

  14. #284
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,657

    Default

    This has completely eaten up the news cycle. Meanwhile WBs announced Reeves back for Matrix 4 and Ezra Miller said the Flash movie is still happening with him in it. It next up after Beasts 3

  15. #285
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    This has completely eaten up the news cycle. Meanwhile WBs announced Reeves back for Matrix 4 and Ezra Miller said the Flash movie is still happening with him in it. It next up after Beasts 3
    I don't believe that Flash movie is happening for a second.

    Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about Matrix 4? Do we need another one after the way the 3rd one ended?
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •