Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 602
  1. #391
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    12,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, that was a decade ago. In the here and now, the last 5 out of 6 MCU movies we've seen have all made over a billion dollars. If I were Universal, I wouldn't mind trying to get a piece of some of that.

    Not that it matters. Marvel has gotten around Universal by simply telling Hulk stories in other movies.

    I'm sure if Marvel approached Universal with a nice Sony type deal they'd obviously do one. Right now Universal is having a solid year (its reported their box office is 2nd to Disney for the year ...a far 2nd place). Their low budget horror films have done really solid , they seem to be successfully doing a spin-off of Fast & Furious franchise. In terms of things they seem to be ok without a Hulk film.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  2. #392
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm sure if Marvel approached Universal with a nice Sony type deal they'd obviously do one. Right now Universal is having a solid year (its reported their box office is 2nd to Disney for the year ...a far 2nd place). Their low budget horror films have done really solid , they seem to be successfully doing a spin-off of Fast & Furious franchise. In terms of things they seem to be ok without a Hulk film.
    Universal wouldn't get a Sony type deal, because unlike Sony Universal doesn't have any film rights to the character. All they can do is distribute... which I assume they would be happy to do if they were asked given it's easy money.

    But again, it's moot since Marvel simply tells Hulk stories in other movies.

  3. #393
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Universal wouldn't get a Sony type deal, because unlike Sony Universal doesn't have any film rights to the character. All they can do is distribute... which I assume they would be happy to do if they were asked given it's easy money.

    But again, it's moot since Marvel simply tells Hulk stories in other movies.
    ^^^ this and Disney isnt gonna let them distribute. Its basicaly how much money Disney willing to give them to walk away and how much is enough for Universal. But yea they have so many ways around it now it's not even a issue really. Disney+ and other heroes movies give them enough room to do what they want with the character.

  4. #394
    Fantastic Member luprki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    394

    Default

    I’m going by what Ruffalo is saying in a quote and he said Universal doesn’t want to play with Disney/Marvel. He’s knows the details of this situation and what going on behind the scenes. He knows more about this than anybody on this forum for sure.

  5. #395
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I’m going by what Ruffalo is saying in a quote and he said Universal doesn’t want to play with Disney/Marvel. He’s knows the details of this situation and what going on behind the scenes. He knows more about this than anybody on this forum for sure.
    We all know you will ignore any facts that contradict your narrative.

  6. #396
    Fantastic Member luprki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    We all know you will ignore any facts that contradict your narrative.
    But you don’t have any facts. Ruffalo has the facts. I believe what Ruffalo is saying, I’m not going to dispute his words.

  7. #397
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    But you don’t have any facts.
    So when Feige outright says something we ignore him. But when Ruffalo says it it's gospel. Rince is right, whatever credibility you want your opinions to have gets constantly undermined by your determined effort to pound your narrative, true or not.

  8. #398
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    So when Feige outright says something we ignore him. But when Ruffalo says it it's gospel. Rince is right, whatever credibility you want your opinions to have gets constantly undermined by your determined effort to pound your narrative, true or not.
    To add to that nothing Ruffalo says contradicts the information we have been told since like 2012. Universal not wanting to play nice and make money can easily mean they wont let Disney buy them out of the contract. The only way the narrative somehow switches from what we been told for years based off Ruffalo comments is if your force it to. Even his off hand glib remarks dont contradict what we know.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-24-2019 at 02:57 PM.

  9. #399
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Sony lost 3 million dollars in the stock market due to this stupidity.

  10. #400
    Fantastic Member luprki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    To add to that nothing Ruffalo says contradicts the information we have been told since like 2012. Universal not wanting to play nice and make money can easily mean they wont let Disney buy them out of the contract. The only way the narrative somehow switches from what we been told for years based off Ruffalo comments is if your force it to. Even his off hand glib remarks dont contradict what we know.
    Well, I got a quote that supports my statement from someone very close to the situation. You guys have zero quotes to support your argument. Game over.

  11. #401
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,838

    Default

    https://twitter.com/i/status/1165407648357003271

    Feige and Holland confirmed no more Spidey in the MCU

  12. #402
    Fantastic Member luprki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1165407648357003271

    Feige and Holland confirmed no more Spidey in the MCU
    Sounds like the negotiations are over, this is great news. Tom Holland also said it will be different.

  13. #403
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1165407648357003271

    Feige and Holland confirmed no more Spidey in the MCU
    Damn. That sucks.

  14. #404
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,823

    Default

    Bring on the Spider-Verse spin-offs! Solo movies for all the villains and support staff!

  15. #405
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Sony lost 3 million dollars in the stock market due to this stupidity.
    Not buckling to Disney's bullshit you mean?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •