Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

I hope the madam web is Julie Carpenter...single mom tied to government supersoldier turned mystic hero...it writes itself.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

EDIT: Removed.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 09-27-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So we're still assuming that Sony will only make flops and is doomed to be sold off?
    The possibility of Sony studios being sold off will likely be a datk cloud floating over their heads even if the spin offs do well. This studio has been somewhat of an anchor dragging down the parent company for some time. I'd never say it was a given it would be sold ... But in the same breathe no one would be surprised if it did.

But Sony had nothing to do with the X-Men, that was Fox.
    there is this false narrative outhere that sony and fox all made bad movies when there is more good film making point outthere that despite sony and fox being a mix bag, their good movies are way and above the MCU disney movies. I think we saw this other narrative the media tried to bury when the deal first caved and people said, sony did make the best spideran films anyway and these were spiderman fans who loved the comics more than any movie.

these were the fans who rejected how much spiderman is too much like iron man or too much like a disney tv show in tone, expect the same from many xmen fans, its has already begun on x books. many xmen fans are already worried about how much mcu will dumb down xmen or reduce some of their social allegory compared the good aspect of fox and many of them are very much aware mcu cannot adapt the source material of xmen as deserved because xmen had a lot of mature content and compelling darker stories, its same for spiderman but to a lesser extent. However not lesser than what sam raimi did with green goblin or the peter/mj love story or making spiderman more of a compelling character study movie of peter parker way before Logan attempted with wolverine.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-27-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think Sony’s saviour at the moment is that people and critics seem to have responded well to the animated Spider Verse film and accepting of it as an alternate franchise to the MCU. Venomverse has started okay with audiences generally liking Venom thanks to Tom Hardy and the comical aspects, but it’s anyone’s guess if that will keep up or other films in the universe will be received as well. What happens next will determine Sony and Marvel’s relationships going forward and if Sony can remain standing.
    I think sony's saviour is more than spiderverse. sony's savior is them knowing not everyone is in love with mcu spiderman and he is overhyped and overrated. Sony is still not ready to make a full reboot, so for now let them stick to their spin offs and when the time is right, remove spiderman from the mcu and bring him to his own world. I do believe this will be the last time holland plays spiderman.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-27-2019 at 03:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I think sony's saviour is more than spiderverse. sony's savior is them knowing not everyone is in love with mcu spiderman and he is overhyped and overrated. Sony is still not ready to make a full reboot, so for now let them stick to their spin offs and when the time is right, remove spiderman from the mcu and bring him to his own world.
    Their saviour is the rich and expansive spiderverse. Morbius is coming out next year. Venon 2, SpiderVerse 2 in the future. Madame Web is the latest movie being lobbied. Talks of Kraven and Silver Sable and Black Cat movies. Nothing is going to stop the box office juggernaut of Sony in the years to come. So many franchises to be developed. Lots of projects. Never ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Their saviour is the rich and expansive spiderverse. Morbius is coming out next year. Venon 2, SpiderVerse 2 in the future. Madame Web is the latest movie being lobbied. Talks of Kraven and Silver Sable and Black Cat movies. Nothing is going to stop the box office juggernaut of Sony in the years to come. So many franchises to be developed. Lots of projects. Never ending.
    Depends how good the actual films are. Venom made money ... but the reaction to the movie was fairly mixed. So the start of the Spideverse, while not terrible by any means, didn't exactly knock it out of the ball park either. I think Sony still has a lot to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    And why I put my last paragraph, sony develops all these movies and finally introduced spiderman. likely an adult peter parker. its good you mentioned the expansive spiderverse because mcu spiderman feels more like a shrinking world which is bad because spiderman has the second richest universe in marvel after xmen.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-27-2019 at 04:13 PM.

BANNED

But Sony had nothing to do with the X-Men, that was Fox.
    Absolutely, my feelings aren't totally fair to Sony. At the same time, it's been 20 years since Sony gave us a live action Spidey that didn't suck. So they own some of my feelings too.

And I'll say it again, they seem to agree they can't do as good a job either.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

there is this false narrative outhere that sony and fox all made bad movies when there is more good film making point outthere that despite sony and fox being a mix bag, their good movies are way and above the MCU disney movies. I think we saw this other narrative the media tried to bury when the deal first caved and people said, sony did make the best spideran films anyway and these were spiderman fans who loved the comics more than any movie.

these were the fans who rejected how much spiderman is too much like iron man or too much like a disney tv show in tone, expect the same from many xmen fans, its has already begun on x books. many xmen fans are already worried about how much mcu will dumb down xmen or reduce some of their social allegory compared the good aspect of fox and many of them are very much aware mcu cannot adapt the source material of xmen as deserved because xmen had a lot of mature content and compelling darker stories, its same for spiderman but to a lesser extent. However not lesser than what sam raimi did with green goblin or the peter/mj love story or making spiderman more of a compelling character study movie of peter parker way before Logan attempted with wolverine.
    Marvels Spiderman just made over a billion. So while there are for sure people like you who hate it. Neither Disney or Sony give two shits. The character is as popular as they can hope for. They arent losing any sleep over the vocal minority who hate "ironlad" Spider-man. Because a vast majority of the target audience dont agree with you in the least.

As far as the quality of the movie that's just your opinion.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The possibility of Sony studios being sold off will likely be a datk cloud floating over their heads even if the spin offs do well. This studio has been somewhat of an anchor dragging down the parent company for some time. I'd never say it was a given it would be sold ... But in the same breathe no one would be surprised if it did.
    If anyone reads Hit & Run , when Sony bought Columbia Studios they took a big loss for nearly half a decade due to how it was ran. The rare thing that has changed is Sony which had to be convinced to get into the video game market. In a funny video one of the young executives in Japan had to convince those above him to take the specs they had worked up for Nintendo and move forward. Also he used revenge on Nintendo as a motivation as well to get the ok.

But fast forward years later and Sony still has issues with its movie studio. Yet has reaped billions of dollars in video game market and even one year debated putting them all under one roof and letting the video game people run the studio. Due to how successful its been than the movie studio. So its a pretty wild deal. I'm sure if Sony did unload the movie studio they would get a deal from Marvel to do the Spider-Man video games license from here on out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If anyone reads Hit & Run , when Sony bought Columbia Studios they took a big loss for nearly half a decade due to how it was ran. The rare thing that has changed is Sony which had to be convinced to get into the video game market. In a funny video one of the young executives in Japan had to convince those above him to take the specs they had worked up for Nintendo and move forward. Also he used revenge on Nintendo as a motivation as well to get the ok.

But fast forward years later and Sony still has issues with its movie studio. Yet has reaped billions of dollars in video game market and even one year debated putting them all under one roof and letting the video game people run the studio. Due to how successful its been than the movie studio. So its a pretty wild deal. I'm sure if Sony did unload the movie studio they would get a deal from Marvel to do the Spider-Man video games license from here on out.
    I hope not. Im an Xbox guy lol. But yea if Sony did sale they got a decent catalog I could see Apple or Amazon who are gonna struggle to keep up with Netflix and Disney+ when it drops paying out the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I prefer it when studios gave me things I didn't know I wanted.
    That always is a nice treat. Course, I also like having stuff that I know I want alongside the things I don't know I want.

I kind of agree with this. I also think Morbius would have been a big deal 10 years ago when the vampire craze was high thanks to twilight, vampire diaries and true blood. Morbius would need to be a good quality movie to work.
    I think anything can work under the right circumstances. That said, I can't say I'm excited about a Morbius movie (and I'll probably see just about anything Spidey-related sooner or later due to loving the franchise). Course, all Sony needs to do is a good job selling it to get butts in seats. The MCU may have earned crazy amounts of goodwill, but there was a time even they needed to sell people on stuff that wasn't exactly mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Black Cat is a better choice than madam web.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Their biggest problem with Black Cat is making her distinctive from Catwoman, although Selina has not ever had a successful film for herself so there’s that. Silver Sable is probably the most distinctive thing they’ve talked about which could work. Kraven is a great character but really doesn’t work in his own movie without Spider-Man. And Madame Webb sounds like them trying to do a Spider Woman film without the name, something already planned with Silk if that happens.
    I would like to see a Silk spinoff and Kraven as the big bad of a Spider-Man movie (maybe he could chose to hunt Peter in movie three, please thank you). I'd actually like to see a Black Cat movie more then a Silver Sable one, but I think that has more to do with liking the idea of heist movie more then a mercenary adventure (although a historical piece about Sable hunting Nazis after WWII would be interesting).

That said, I do agree that Black Cat never really got out of Catwoman's shadow. In fact, in general, I actually like Catwoman more. I think she tends to be a more interesting character; she seems more genuinely gray. It seems like Marvel is afraid to let Black Cat be too bad, whereas Catwoman can be an unrepentant crook and heroic within the same incarnation (I am taking into account that DC characters can be very different from installment to installment). I also think the general premise (a supervillain who's in love with the superhero) works better with Catwoman; Batman is defined by the costume and operates in a noir world, so him having a relationship with an antihero fellow adventurer makes sense, while Spider-Man is more clearcut in his world and mostly defined by his civilian life, so a "normal" person like Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy is a better fit. Also, it seems like all the writers know that Black Cat is a dead end relationship for Spidey, while in Batman, even the Batman/Catwoman relationship isn't going to work out, there doesn't seem to be the underlying idea that it's not quite doomed, for lack of a better word. Heck, Black Cat is a distant third, at best, as Spidey's love interest, while the only rival Catwoman has as "the" Batman love interest is Talia al Guhl (and these days, Talia went bad and is gunning for Batman, while Catwoman is solidly an ally).

Guess what I think is, while I'd prefer a Black Cat movie over some of the other Spider ideas, I'd be more interested in a Selina Kyle Catwoman heist movie.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)