Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Also, people forget that Sony signed a big deal with Lord and Miller. How do we know they didn't expect something like this, and decided that the minds behind Spider-Verse could be a potential easy replacement of Feige if their partnership broke down? If I was Sony, I'd let Lord and Miller take over Spider-Man characters (as well as letting them do their own original movies).

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    Holland just unfollowed Sony related media accounts on his IG haha.
    Let him cry for awhile, he should be adult enough to understand that this is a business and he was hired by Sony (not Marvel).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Okay then quantify your facts. Because I've seen just as many people bitching at Disney for wanting 50% and being greedy. Don't call things facts if you can't back them up
    I already did. Twitter trends are quantifiable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Let him cry for awhile, he should be adult enough to understand that this is a business and he was hired by Sony (not Marvel).
    I'm fairly confident that isnt true.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I'm fairly confident that isnt true.
    How is it not when they wanted a younger Spider-Man, too, and had final creative say? [Live-action film] Spider-Man is their IP, and they foot the bill....why wouldn't be the ones to ultimately make the final decision to cast Holland?

I mean his contract is with Sony, not Disney/Marvel, for a reason. Hell, he's also contracted to be a young Nathan Drake.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    When you say “found out” what exactly do you mean. Have you got a reliable source? Besides, Sony may not be interested in co-financed movies. They have cash from the current success of Spider-Man.
    The article says 30% is the minimum:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...nymore-1233644
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

How is it not when they wanted a younger Spider-Man, too, and had final creative say? [Live-action film] Spider-Man is their IP, and they foot the bill....why wouldn't be the ones to ultimately make the final decision to cast Holland?

I mean his contract is with Sony, not Disney/Marvel, for a reason. Hell, he's also contracted to be a young Nathan Drake.
    Sony's name is on the last two movies but we all know it's Marvel's vision right? He auditioned with the Russo's, was Feige's guy, etc. Sony may have had the final say, but I'm pretty sure it was the Disney folks that made the choice.

The J-man

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Also, people forget that Sony signed a big deal with Lord and Miller. How do we know they didn't expect something like this, and decided that the minds behind Spider-Verse could be a potential easy replacement of Feige if their partnership broke down? If I was Sony, I'd let Lord and Miller take over Spider-Man characters (as well as letting them do their own original movies).
    Rothman and Amy Pascal will run the ship if this deal with Marvel isn't renewed. Unless it's a Spiderverse sequel Lord and Miller ain't gotta lead anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Rothman and Amy Pascal will run the ship if this deal with Marvel isn't renewed. Unless it's a Spiderverse sequel Lord and Miller ain't gotta lead anything.
    They dont have to but if Sony is smart they would put them in charge and stay hands off for the most part.

Sony's name is on the last two movies but we all know it's Marvel's vision right? He auditioned with the Russo's, was Feige's guy, etc. Sony may have had the final say, but I'm pretty sure it was the Disney folks that made the choice.
    Wasnt it stated that Feige had final veto power on all creative decisions for these movies?

I'd definitely be interested in seeing what L & M would do with live action Spidey. I'm still in the "Sony & Disney will eventually make a deal" camp, though.

You might be a little too sure. I've heard Disney wanted Asa Butterfield, and Sony wanted (and got) Holland. But of course neither you or I know what really went down
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    You might be a little too sure. I've heard Disney wanted Asa Butterfield, and Sony wanted (and got) Holland. But of course neither you or I know what really went down
    Interesting. You're right, I'm definitely not sure, but it has been presented publicly that it was Disney that wanted Holland. Reading this sounds like Holland was a mutual decision and Watts was all Feige.

This has completely eaten up the news cycle. Meanwhile WBs announced Reeves back for Matrix 4 and Ezra Miller said the Flash movie is still happening with him in it. It next up after Beasts 3

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    This has completely eaten up the news cycle. Meanwhile WBs announced Reeves back for Matrix 4 and Ezra Miller said the Flash movie is still happening with him in it. It next up after Beasts 3
    I don't believe that Flash movie is happening for a second.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about Matrix 4? Do we need another one after the way the 3rd one ended?
    The J-man