Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, that was a decade ago. In the here and now, the last 5 out of 6 MCU movies we've seen have all made over a billion dollars. If I were Universal, I wouldn't mind trying to get a piece of some of that.

Not that it matters. Marvel has gotten around Universal by simply telling Hulk stories in other movies.

I'm sure if Marvel approached Universal with a nice Sony type deal they'd obviously do one. Right now Universal is having a solid year (its reported their box office is 2nd to Disney for the year ...a far 2nd place). Their low budget horror films have done really solid , they seem to be successfully doing a spin-off of Fast & Furious franchise. In terms of things they seem to be ok without a Hulk film.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm sure if Marvel approached Universal with a nice Sony type deal they'd obviously do one. Right now Universal is having a solid year (its reported their box office is 2nd to Disney for the year ...a far 2nd place). Their low budget horror films have done really solid , they seem to be successfully doing a spin-off of Fast & Furious franchise. In terms of things they seem to be ok without a Hulk film.
    Universal wouldn't get a Sony type deal, because unlike Sony Universal doesn't have any film rights to the character. All they can do is distribute... which I assume they would be happy to do if they were asked given it's easy money.

But again, it's moot since Marvel simply tells Hulk stories in other movies.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Universal wouldn't get a Sony type deal, because unlike Sony Universal doesn't have any film rights to the character. All they can do is distribute... which I assume they would be happy to do if they were asked given it's easy money.

But again, it's moot since Marvel simply tells Hulk stories in other movies.
    ^^^ this and Disney isnt gonna let them distribute. Its basicaly how much money Disney willing to give them to walk away and how much is enough for Universal. But yea they have so many ways around it now it's not even a issue really. Disney+ and other heroes movies give them enough room to do what they want with the character.

BANNED

I’m going by what Ruffalo is saying in a quote and he said Universal doesn’t want to play with Disney/Marvel. He’s knows the details of this situation and what going on behind the scenes. He knows more about this than anybody on this forum for sure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I’m going by what Ruffalo is saying in a quote and he said Universal doesn’t want to play with Disney/Marvel. He’s knows the details of this situation and what going on behind the scenes. He knows more about this than anybody on this forum for sure.
    We all know you will ignore any facts that contradict your narrative.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    We all know you will ignore any facts that contradict your narrative.
    But you don’t have any facts. Ruffalo has the facts. I believe what Ruffalo is saying, I’m not going to dispute his words.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    But you don’t have any facts.
    So when Feige outright says something we ignore him. But when Ruffalo says it it's gospel. Rince is right, whatever credibility you want your opinions to have gets constantly undermined by your determined effort to pound your narrative, true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    So when Feige outright says something we ignore him. But when Ruffalo says it it's gospel. Rince is right, whatever credibility you want your opinions to have gets constantly undermined by your determined effort to pound your narrative, true or not.
    To add to that nothing Ruffalo says contradicts the information we have been told since like 2012. Universal not wanting to play nice and make money can easily mean they wont let Disney buy them out of the contract. The only way the narrative somehow switches from what we been told for years based off Ruffalo comments is if your force it to. Even his off hand glib remarks dont contradict what we know.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-24-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Sony lost 3 million dollars in the stock market due to this stupidity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    To add to that nothing Ruffalo says contradicts the information we have been told since like 2012. Universal not wanting to play nice and make money can easily mean they wont let Disney buy them out of the contract. The only way the narrative somehow switches from what we been told for years based off Ruffalo comments is if your force it to. Even his off hand glib remarks dont contradict what we know.
    Well, I got a quote that supports my statement from someone very close to the situation. You guys have zero quotes to support your argument. Game over.

Niffleheim

https://twitter.com/i/status/1165407648357003271

Feige and Holland confirmed no more Spidey in the MCU

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post

Sounds like the negotiations are over, this is great news. Tom Holland also said it will be different.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post

Damn. That sucks.

Astonishing Member

Bring on the Spider-Verse spin-offs! Solo movies for all the villains and support staff!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Sony lost 3 million dollars in the stock market due to this stupidity.
    Not buckling to Disney's bullshit you mean?