Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Think of it this way. If the roles were reversed, do you see Disney sharing profits on something they own because another company owns other properties that integrate well with it? There’s not a chance. Nobody who owns the product would give up that much when they don’t have to.
    I don't disagree that Disney's asking price, if true, is a bit much. It bothers me that this is being presented as 50/50 profit sharing and also 50/50 production split and those don't seem to me to be the same thing. Either way, Disney has earned it's position as getting the benefit of the doubt. Sony hasn't.

That might not be fair, but that is how the business world works. If Sony thought they could spin this as being Disney as the bad guy, they badly miscalculated.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    The first two were good. You also failed to mention the subsequent two films, with Andrew Garfield, that were horrible tire fires.

I liked Spiderverse and Venom was a good "bad" movie. Morbius? Black Cat? Full control of Spidey? Those aren't the same things and the track record there hasn't been good for 15 years. This is the kind of logic some X-fans used when Kinberg was back on for Dark Phoenix: "They've learned their lesson. They'll get it right. Remember how good Logan was?" Conveniently, the stuff that was just awful and tanked the character are forgotten.

Just to remind you and everyone in this thread...prior to Civil War, Spiderman was a national joke. People were ripping Sony for their overuse and crappy movies. Feige and Marvel managed to wash out a ton of bad taste in the mouths of the public in a tiny amount of screen time and put the character in as a beloved centerpiece. Not only was Sony incapable of doing that (which is why they ran to Momma Marvel for help), but they are perfectly capable of undoing all the good will that was established.

I despised the Garfield films but I see people defend them regularly, which is why I didn’t feel they were worth mentioning. I don’t doubt that Sony will release some bad to mediocre films, but maybe they’ll get a few right. I don’t think it’s doomed just because Sony had some failures. Again, I don’t really like the MCU’s take in the first place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Are they the Simon Kinbergs of Fox?

One thing that is killing movies today is when studios puts the loyalty of a person first to the person's actual talents.

It is what killed X-Men at Fox, it could kill Spiderman at sony again if they keep Pascal.

Not every marvel characters need the MCU, what they needed is the right people in other studios.
    Amy Pascal has already left Sony, she’s now at Universal

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Yep, she has left Sony but doesn't Pascal Pictures have a deal with Sony to produce anything related to Spider-Man?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I don't disagree that Disney's asking price, if true, is a bit much. It bothers me that this is being presented as 50/50 profit sharing and also 50/50 production split and those don't seem to me to be the same thing. Either way, Disney has earned it's position as getting the benefit of the doubt. Sony hasn't.

That might not be fair, but that is how the business world works. If Sony thought they could spin this as being Disney as the bad guy, they badly miscalculated.
    Disney doesn’t own it and Sony proved they will make bank on it. Doesn’t matter what Disney earned. They have no leverage

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Her production company handles the Spider-Man films for Sony. She's still involved.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Yep, she has left Sony but doesn't Pascal Pictures have a deal with Sony to produce anything related to Spider-Man?
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Her production company handles the Spider-Man films for Sony. She's still involved.
    Thanks for the info

Sony and Disney have pressers out.

Pretty much saying that it is due to Fiege's workload and Spidey will still be under the MCU and that Disney will be having new "leads" for each area soon. Fiege for the MCU then separate Spidey/Avengers/X-men/F4/TV/Other leads.

And the percentage agreement is wrong but it is an issue they expect to work out.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Pretty much saying that it is due to Fiege's workload and Spidey will still be under the MCU and that Disney will be having new "leads" for each area soon. Fiege for the MCU then separate Spidey/Avengers/X-men/F4/TV/Other leads.

And the percentage agreement is wrong but it is an issue they expect to work out.
    So nothing is changed other than Feige has lieutenants. Much ado about nothing.

BANNED

Where are you getting this from, I’m searching the net, can’t find it

Well I hope this is the truth. Sony in they're first release last night made it sound similar but less optamistic. More like Spideys out but that could change. Wonder if the **** storm they got hurled at them brought them back to the table and They both agreed on this being the press release while they negotiate

Cant find it though. Do you have a l link please?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well I hope this is the truth. Sony in they're first release last night made it sound similar but less optamistic. More like Spideys out but that could change. Wonder if the **** storm they got hurled at them brought them back to the table and They both agreed on this being the press release while they negotiate
    If it’s true it seems X-Men and F4 will separated from the Avengers too, which would be great

If it’s true it seems X-Men and F4 will separated from the Avengers, which would be great
    If marvel is establishing a multiverse, it might be easier to put the mutants in their own reality. They can always cross over as needed. I can already imagine the Russo's pitching for Secret Wars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If marvel is establishing a multiverse, it might be easier to put the mutants in their own reality. They can always cross over as needed. I can already imagine the Russo's pitching for Secret Wars.
    That would make sense

Boisterously Confused

The part of all this that SMH are fans wanting one of these businesses to be a villain. No. They're businesses, pursuing what they perceive as their interests. sure, there may be jerks with agenda around the table, but I doubt anybody's goal was to use the other as a cudgle to hurt characters or fans.