Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Oy @ Lupriki. Theres nothing problematic about the MCU spider-man movies except that some people personaly didnt like it. The movies are insanely popular so stop acting like your speak for the public. Your share a valid opinion with a minority. Which is fine you dont likensomething Express your opinion. But maybe if you stop acting like your Opinion is some universal truth people wont respond so negatively to you.
    My posts is my opinions, I don’t act like I speak for anybody else. You are only taking it that way because you disagree. And I don’t know what negative response you are talking about, I get responses from people who disagree with me, but I wouldn’t call it negative. You can disagree with my opinion, but I don’t know why you feel the need to attack me instead.
    The MCU Spider-Man solo movies are problematic, that’s an opinion.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-21-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I really don’t know what’s the big deal is. He wasn’t in the MCU enough to make any difference and he mainly interacted with Tony. His solo movies was problematic and not to par with the comic book.
    Well, some of us wanted that third movie made as is because we were looking forward to it and didn't want a cliffhanger with the only possibility of a resolution being a half sequel that kinda fit but really didn't and resulting in a messy resolution, at best.

(Besides, MCU has a better track record then Sony when it comes to superhero movies.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

I can understand wanting a third movie for the cliffhanger, but if it end at two movies, that would be a great ending.

I can understand wanting a third movie for the cliffhanger, but if it end at two movies, that would be a great ending.
    Well it didn't end at two. If Spidey must leave the MCU, would be at least nice to have closure. I mean, if they never make another Ant-Man movie, it's a fair break-off point (last we see is him reuniting with his daughter and partner). Had they not had that stinger, would Spidey movie two be a fair break off point? Maybe? Kinda anticlimactic, setting him up as a future player and then him just disappearing with no explanation, but, I guess there wouldn't be any unfinished business in terms of the narratives.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

My posts is my opinions, I don’t act like I speak for anybody else. You are only taking it that way because you disagree. And I don’t know what negative response you are talking about, I get responses from people who disagree with me, but I wouldn’t call it negative. You can disagree with my opinion, but I don’t know why you feel the need to attack me instead.
    The MCU Spider-Man solo movies are problematic, that’s an opinion.
    So much better, maybe I conflated something Beddle said with you. Anyway fair enough. Maybe it's just the way you word things Raider. Doesnt matter agree to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    They could end up with a backlash before the movie is ever even seen. What if Tom Holland refuses to be in it?

They could make the best movie ever made and people could reject it on the basis of yet another actor reboot for Spiderman and people's adulation for Tom Holland. I really think this ends up getting resolved somehow, I don't see how Sony has much of a choice. (Not that they have to cave to Disney's demands, but I'm sure an agreement can be reached)
    Right there you demonstrate how screwed up this story has become. That based on this story you are countenancing an actor contracted to be in a movie suddenly reneging on his contract because ‘fan feelings’ and depicting Marvel as ‘making demands’.

Neither of these things have any basis in reality. Marvel haven’t made ‘demands’ they are seeking a way forward so they can continue to have Spider-Man in their movies. So far the stumbling block seems to be the way Phase 4 will be produced. It seems as if Feige is not going to be available to produce Spider-Man, but he could be made available if there was a financial incentive for Disney. That’s the whole story. Nothing more.

Just maybe Disney are more focused on trying to make Disney Plus a success, which even now is still a gamble.

Feige is being used as a bargaining chip.

We even know now, that Sony put forward different counter offers, not just ‘leave things as they are’. Something else that the original news story didn’t say, but was quietly slipped into the text without even drawing attention to the changes.

Nobody has said at any point that the current arrangements are not possible, just that the future will look different and that this has yet to be decided.

The beauty of the current deal is that both sides can walk away at any point, BUT both sides will be negatively impacted if that happens. So my bet is they will come to an arrangement. They are both public companies. They can’t be seen to make the wrong choices.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-22-2019 at 03:41 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member

Does that mean that Sony has to invent new villains for Spidey, or can they use his rouges gallery?

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Does that mean that Sony has to invent new villains for Spidey, or can they use his rouges gallery?
    Of course they can use his rouges gallery. And you can ignore anyone that suggests they can't use the new characters like Michelle Jones as well. But most of all you don't need to worry about any of this until we hear some kind of official announcement, because everything is still up in the air and this news storm is yet another storm in a tea-cup.

For example, Marvel can never use Mysterio or The Vulture unless Sony agree. Is that likely to happen? Is the whole deal going to tumble into dust? Probably not.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess we have to wait and see. Either way, I think Spidey does not need the MCU for a good movie. Its good to have him there, but if not, so what?

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess we have to wait and see. Either way, I think Spidey does not need the MCU for a good movie. Its good to have him there, but if not, so what?
    The real reason, that people keep ignoring, is so that Disney can fully exploit the IP for licencing deals. That is worth more to them than a single movie.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    The real reason, that people keep ignoring, is so that Disney can fully exploit the IP for licencing deals. That is worth more to them than a single movie.
    I keep seeing people talking about Disney getting Merchandising rights back as part of the Sony deal also. That's incorrect too right didnt they get those back a long time ago? And as great as the movies are the better Value in Spider-Man is the billion+ he earns in Merchandising revenue each year. And the last solid report on this I saw was years ago so with the MCU revitalizing the chatacters popularity I wonder if that number has gone up. Think it was like 1.3b a few years ago that Spidey brought in.

But yea I think this is getting blown up and this probaly all gets worked out. Probaly just negotiating tactics that werent suppose to get leaked. If they were intentionally leaked I think the information would have been more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I keep seeing people talking about Disney getting Merchandising rights back as part of the Sony deal also. That's incorrect too right didnt they get those back a long time ago? And as great as the movies are the better Value in Spider-Man is the billion+ he earns in Merchandising revenue each year. And the last solid report on this I saw was years ago so with the MCU revitalizing the chatacters popularity I wonder if that number has gone up. Think it was like 1.3b a few years ago that Spidey brought in.

But yea I think this is getting blown up and this probaly all gets worked out. Probaly just negotiating tactics that werent suppose to get leaked. If they were intentionally leaked I think the information would have been more accurate.
    Yes they bought back the Merchandising Rights and Part of the TV Rights years ago it's why Spectacular Spider-Man which Sony had a stake in was cancelled for Ultimate Spider-Man which was more of a 1/2 toy commercial.

There are (again) a new info regarding Holland contract with Sony, he is apparently not forced to make a 3rd movie, he have an option according the Hollywood reporter:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...nymore-1233644
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...iderman-movie/

"the future of Spider-Man is unclear. Holland, sources say, has an option for one more movie, while director Jon Watts is done with his two-picture deal and is free to pursue other projects"

Holland seem to have unfollowed Sony but continue to follow Marvel Studios in instagram, there are also the fact Marvel have the tv right for Spider-man, so I guess Disney have the possibility to continue in Disney +, that give them a limited format (so no reunion with other heroes in theater); but that would be better than nothing; I still hope that Sony and Disney would sign a new contract.
    Last edited by Bolo; 08-22-2019 at 08:41 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Right there you demonstrate how screwed up this story has become. That based on this story you are countenancing an actor contracted to be in a movie suddenly reneging on his contract because ‘fan feelings’ and depicting Marvel as ‘making demands’.

Neither of these things have any basis in reality. Marvel haven’t made ‘demands’ they are seeking a way forward so they can continue to have Spider-Man in their movies. So far the stumbling block seems to be the way Phase 4 will be produced. It seems as if Feige is not going to be available to produce Spider-Man, but he could be made available if there was a financial incentive for Disney. That’s the whole story. Nothing more.
    Whoa. First, I didn't say that Tom Holland will quit because of fan feelings. Tom Holland will quit because Tom Holland decides to. Please don't bastardize parts of my post together to make a false premise. Secondly, the word "demands" isn't a child stomping and crying. It's also another way of saying "terms".

The simple truth is that Marvel and Disney know they can march on. Both sides will have some negative impact, but it's just a plain and simple fact that in the wake of this it's Sony that the public turned on. By that measure alone they have more to lose.

Astonishing Member

I kind of agree. Sony showed they can do Spider-Man well on their own with Into the Spider-verse.