Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    The Trainwreck in me wants to see how much of an implosion Sony's Marvel Universe will be. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony%2...Universe#Other
    Nah. Sony got save by Spiderverse. They have an actually live action plan that people would want see. Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland together maybe Tobey MaGuire, Miles and Gwen. Between Spiderverse and current Venom comic stuff Sony is in good shape with material to use. They still have execute good movies but they walk Tobey or Andrew on stage at Comiccon and the internet will explode. Sony is fine right now

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Sony will eventually come back to Disney for further negotiations. Probably have 3 bad Spider-Man movies, but they will be back. I know I personally won't go to a Sony Spider-Man movie if it is not in the MCU continuity, probably not the only one who thinks this way.
    I won't pay a dollar for anything Sony puts out that is live-action. They've proven themselves incapable of a quality movie for about 15 years now.

I will pay to see Holland and the MCU, however. So that makes two us.

I think this is a dumb negotiating tactic by Sony. Even if they are within their rights to do this, it doesn't make it any less stupid. People will see them as the bad guy because they like Tom Holland and the MCU's version. They'll remember Sony's contribution as the Andrew Garfield **** shows. They don't have to give up 50%, but whatever it takes to get this done is in their best interest.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Yep. We live in the social media age so the negotiations are happening very publicly. I'd be very surprised if they end up actually going their separate ways.
    What I'm thinking. I'll buy it when Marvel studios or Sont officially announce the partnership is done. Marvel thinking Sonys gonna go in 50/50 is ridiculous that has to be a highball opening bid. Marvel deliverd Sony theyre biggest movie ever. But instead of Money the fan in me wishes they woulda just asked for some Characters to use in the MCU. But yea this is business they deserve a raise. By 50% is ridiculous and if Marvel is really set at 50 and wont budge then Sony should walk. But maybe something like 10% sounds fair. With room to go up a little later if Marvel keeps giving Sony hits. Tom Hollands Spidey could go 6 movies easy maybe more. Hes young enough and the first two have ranked in the cash while also getting critical acclaim.

To add I will go see A Sony Spidey movie. I love these mvoies too much. Dark Phoenix was a rare one I didnt see in theaters and I would have seen it but it was in theaters in my town for 2weeks and then they pulled it.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Spider-Man was never a good fit for the MCU. Spider Man’ storyline and history, like the X-Man is too dark for the MCU. He was basically Ion Man’s sidekick little boy in the MCU. Peter Parker is a strong, but troubled young man. The MCU made him out to be a weak, happy-go-lucky nerd.
    Seems like folks still mostly liked that iteration though. The financials back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Holland is a MCU guy. He works with Feige and RDJ and Favrou are mentors to him. Even if they cut all references to the MCU and Holland contractually can appear in a non MCU Spidey movie. Who knows if he will even want to. It would be hilarious if Marvel uses the Mutiverse to bring Holand in as another character. They can even have a Joke where someone calls him Peter and hes like no my Names Johnny Storm or Bobby Drake. Then they make a joke and move on.

All that said I mean Disney can only make so many movies a year without hurting they're own pockets. So spidey going back means if Sony can get they're **** together we could get more spidey and his own universe.
    Would be funny for the next film if Holland just phoned it in, and looked sleepy/disinterested throughout filming.

Wasn't the deal for them to leave in case Far From Home didn't clock a billion bucks?
    I don't feel Sony is wrong for being annoyed if Disney side change their terms on the contract, but between what MCU has planned for the character and the losses probably Sony still need to recover from, it's too soon to leave that gold mine that is MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Nah. Sony got save by Spiderverse. They have an actually live action plan that people would want see. Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland together maybe Tobey MaGuire, Miles and Gwen. Between Spiderverse and current Venom comic stuff Sony is in good shape with material to use. They still have execute good movies but they walk Tobey or Andrew on stage at Comiccon and the internet will explode. Sony is fine right now
    Most people would welcome Tobey back, he is regarded as the Sean Connery of Spider-Man films. Andrew is nearly hailed as George Lazenby all over the internet, most people wouldn't be happy about him returning, including Sony Films executives.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Did Sony get saved by that movie? It only made 350 million. And the people that developed that film aren't going to be working on the live action version of the same character.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    Did Sony get saved by that movie? It only made 350 million. And the people that developed that film aren't going to be working on the live action version of the same character.
    Critcialy it did alot for them. Which goes a long way in helping perception. Lord and Miller are doing live action TV shows for Sony. So if the status quo isnt restores and they have to do theyrr own thing with Spidey. I can see Lord and Miller being promoted to the Kevin Feige of the Spiderverse.

Look I'm sad to see Spidey leave the MCU. But that doesnt mean we cant get good movies made by Sony. So yea I hope they work this out but If they dont I'll be excited to see what they do. Personaly I havent thought any Spiderman nailed Peter yet. Tobey I didnt like at all. He came across and weasely and creepy to me. And then as Spidey he just wants funny.. Adnrew was really good In the suit but his Peter didnt feel right and the movies werent well made. Tom Holland I loved as Peter but his Spiderman was vastly different then the comics. Worked with the story they were telling but I'd still prefer them to nail Spiderman. If Holland stays he can play Peter the same but less start struck as Spidey and more sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    There are two more in the pipeline, right, for a total of four. That's about as far as any one-character superhero series goes anyway, at least until it starts to suck. After that they'll probably be ready to retire the character. Or Disney will just buy Sony.
    Sony are outside of Disney’ reach luckily. Politically that deal can’t happen.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Ah, I was working from the assumption that future Spidey movies could not be in the MCU. But if it's just that they could assume the first two movies happened but just no longer make any reference to the MCU or its characters outside of the Spider-Man franchise, that could work.

They'd have to do away with the Iron Spider suit and put him into a Spider-Man costume of his own which would be an improvement as it would be his costume and not Stark's costume for him anymore. In fact, I'd assume there could be no more references to Stark.

But they could get on with Spider-Man's story by introducing Jameson, Pete and Aunt May having financial problems, Pete's feelings and drive because of Uncle Ben's death and so on because it could be about Spider-Man and his story first and foremost instead of being more about the overall MCU.

But, again, it could be somewhat problematic to not be able to have any connection to other events of major significance happening in what is supposed to be the same world.

I wouldn't mind seeing Michael Keaton as the Vulture again but they'd have to ignore that Stark was a major part of his origin. Or maybe just a brief reference that there was someone he used to hate but since that person is dead, it's time to move on.
    And none of this sounds too different to how it probably would have been anyway. The biggest annoyance is Spider-Man not making cameos in the MCU which is a tragedy.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Yes the success of that film and what it means save live action Spiderman at Sony.It is whole new world. Before solo Spiderman Sony had no killer showstopper for the spiderman franchise now they have Spiderverse to fall back on. Before they had think about Sable and Black Cat and Morbius movies. Now they have the potential do live action Miles and SpiderGwen movies. Before that movie Spiderman franchise would be track for maybe the Sinister six as the big thing. Now they could put say all the live action Spidermans, Miles,Gwen,Tom Hardy Venom,Heck even Nick Cage in a movie and everyone would be excited because they know what it means because of Spiderverse. Spiderverse unlock the puzzle for Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post

Most people would welcome Tobey back, he is regarded as the Sean Connery of Spider-Man films. Andrew is nearly hailed as George Lazenby all over the internet, most people wouldn't be happy about him returning, including Sony Films executives.
    Tobey McGuire was in better Spiderman movies, Andrew Garfield was a better Spiderman. Andrew Garfield would be welcome back by fans I think most people realize he would do better if had better stuff to work with. Beside that is not point being able use the live action Spidermans one movie is the killer thing Avengers level thing that Sony can pull off now.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-21-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Holland just unfollowed Sony related media accounts on his IG haha.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm serious, can anybody please tell me who the hell is clamoring for a MORBIUS movie? Morbius is a character that, when he came on the cartoon in the 90's, I had no problem switching channels to see what else was on. He hasn't been relevant since the 70's, and the vampire craze of the late 90's- 2000's has pretty much died away. I swear, the only person who wants to see this movie is Jared Leto, and after what he did to the Joker, I have no desire to see him in ANY movie.
    It is a strange choice, but we can’t judge until we see it. And now there is nothing to stop Spider-Man having a bigger part in it or even changing tack and making it a two header.

This is partly why I am sceptical that this situation will stand. Sony were happily doing what was expected of them from their deal, creating separate movies to try and develop the IP for the movies and provide further potential crossover with the MCU. Now they are in a far better position to exploit the IP than before.

It would be like taking on an apprentice that does a good job of learning the trade and improves your own products, then insisting that when they are doing well enough to open their own workshop that they owe you half of their profits.

Take Venom. It’s a little dated but it’s a perfectly serviceable movie that was apparently rescued in the editing room. Despite production problems it made a decent amount of money and set up a potential franchise. That’s a big win for Sony regardless of what the MCU diehards would claim. So we shouldn’t be too skeptical about Morbius or Kraven.

I mean we could equally ask what the heck are DC doing making a Joker movie?

Bear in mind Sony have unusually gone on record as suggesting these news stories are skewed. They agree with me that Feige has been over hyped in the press surrounding this deal, and they also subtly hint his involvement in the recent Spider movies has been exaggerated.

Like I originally said, we need more information as to what has actually happened. It may not be as big a split as it sounds.

Much of today’s news about Spider-Man has mischaracterized recent discussions about Kevin Feige’s involvement in the franchise. We are disappointed, but respect Disney’s decision not to have him continue as a lead producer of our next live action Spider-Man film.

We hope this might change in the future, but understand that the many new responsibilities that Disney has given him – including all their newly added Marvel properties – do not allow time for him to work on IP they do not own.

Kevin is terrific and we are grateful for his help and guidance and appreciate the path he has helped put us on, which we will continue.

Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-21-2019 at 12:23 AM.

Holland just unfollowed Sony related media accounts on his IG haha.
    Lol really? If this doesn't get worked out and He doesnt play spidey for Sony. I really do hope Marvel finds a way to give a role going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Critcialy it did alot for them. Which goes a long way in helping perception. Lord and Miller are doing live action TV shows for Sony. So if the status quo isnt restores and they have to do theyrr own thing with Spidey. I can see Lord and Miller being promoted to the Kevin Feige of the Spiderverse.

Look I'm sad to see Spidey leave the MCU. But that doesnt mean we cant get good movies made by Sony. So yea I hope they work this out but If they dont I'll be excited to see what they do. Personaly I havent thought any Spiderman nailed Peter yet. Tobey I didnt like at all. He came across and weasely and creepy to me. And then as Spidey he just wants funny.. Adnrew was really good In the suit but his Peter didnt feel right and the movies werent well made. Tom Holland I loved as Peter but his Spiderman was vastly different then the comics. Worked with the story they were telling but I'd still prefer them to nail Spiderman. If Holland stays he can play Peter the same but less start struck as Spidey and more sarcastic.
    Yeah, not gonna bet on Sony giving folks the perfect iteration of Peter.