Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    It's a good job I don't care about comic book movies anymore!

But I will say Marvel should have known something like this would happen, with most of their big hitters gone from Endgame to lose Spidey too they've got some work to do again.
    Currently we don’t even know if Marvel are no longer going to have a stake in future movies or what negotiations will mean over MCU involvement. The negotiations are between Tom Rothman at Sony and Alan Horn at Disney and according to most sources they are still talking. That level of negotiations is above Feige’s paygrade.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-21-2019 at 02:36 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Sony don’t say either of those two things. They don’t claim negotiations have closed and they don’t blame Marvel for anything.

This is all entirely based on misreporting. See my cross post.

Let’s not take sides between two huge corporations maybe?
    http://collider.com/sony-marvel-spider-man-divorce/

And you are allowed to make Informed Intuitive Steps and doing so just based on Sony's Press Release plus doing it a day AFTER purchasing Insomniac and Announcing that FfH is the highest grossing Spider-Man movie ever...

I am more than happy to change my opinion as facts present themselves. But just based on Sony's extremely disingenuous press release, it is pretty clear they are more than happy about this. Marvel would have also had to have taken a raw deal initially to get access to Spider-Man, Sony def made them pay. I would easily believe the 95/5 spread, if it is not then I can change my opinion as facts come out.

That is what is so great about having an open mind. You are allowed to judge a situation as it develops and change your opinion as facts develop, much like how you preach patience and waiting for everything, I like to get ahead of it and hypothesize to try and figure something out. I am never so entrenched that provable facts will not get me to change my mind and even apologize if i rushed to Judgement.

But if I were a writer, Disney would have pushed for more control over the characters, while Sony would make that difficult because they fear losing quite possibly their last remaining tent pole franchise...a tent pole franchise where over $700M at the Box Office with ASM2 was deemed not enough. See, factors like that one push the narrative towards Sony's greed since that did in fact happen. ASM2 made over $700 total Worldwide, but that was not enough for any of their plans and they actually shelved the franchise pretty much because all their plans led to a $700M brick wall...
    That means that they must have SEVERELY gone over budget both on Film and in their Advertising/Media Partnerships. Sony did bet huge on ASM2, so big that its Box Office was not enough to move forward. An all-time worldwide box office that ranked #115
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltim...genum=2&p=.htm

Taking this one MAJOR studio malfunction for judging a franchise...and this was only 5 years ago...how have Sony's Movies looked since then? Hell just look at them this year and it is clear Sony/Columbia will most likely be betting big yet again on a Spider-Man Movie Universe that just is not going to work. Keeping Holland on, and he is signed for at least 1 more movie...lets say this split is final, you believe some people in the theater wont get annoyed that Thanos and all the Avengers stuff will just be ignored going forward?

That aspect of this doesn't hinge on blame, but it is one that Sony could have just as easily not taken. Sony/Touchstone years are numbered if the Box Office receipts over the past few years are any indication. https://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio...er=DESC&p=.htm

Default tl;dr

I need to change my name to tl;dr just so other people can save time when replying to my posts. lol

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    But just based on Sony's extremely disingenuous press release,
    Perhaps don't jump to conclusions that press releases are disingenuous and perhaps open your mind to the idea that this has been misrepresented by reporters that have no idea what the negotiations actually contain and jumped to conclusions based upon what their sources said and that even they are trying to silently backtrack on what they said without loosing face.

Also stop citing secondary and tertiary sources that have even less idea what the sources said to Deadline than Deadline themselves did.

As my mother always told me "this is how lies get told."
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-21-2019 at 03:10 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Perhaps don't jump to conclusions that press releases are disingenuous and perhaps open your mind to the idea that this has been misrepresented by reporters that have no idea what the negotiations actually contain and jumped to conclusions based upon what their sources said and that even they are trying to silently backtrack on what they said without loosing face.

Also stop citing secondary and tertiary sources that have even less idea what the sources said to Deadline than Deadline themselves did.

As my mother always told me "this is how lies get told."
    So when Sony says over a producers credit it just means Feiges pay? Was he not getting a producer credit before or are they trying to say Sony should pay him more? I dont have the time to dig into all this and it seems like you already did.

Given the MCU now has the FF, Silver Surfer, and X-Properties they'll be fine. I feel bad for Holland I know he liked being in the MCU.

I feel worst for Spidey as a character on film unless things change I have zero faith in Tom Rothman and Amy Pascal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I feel worst for Spidey as a character on film unless things change I have zero faith in Tom Rothman and Amy Pascal.
    Are they the Simon Kinbergs of Fox?

One thing that is killing movies today is when studios puts the loyalty of a person first to the person's actual talents.

It is what killed X-Men at Fox, it could kill Spiderman at sony again if they keep Pascal.

Not every marvel characters need the MCU, what they needed is the right people in other studios.

Spider-man shorn of Marvel Studios will be like a turd blowing in the wind. There’s nothing now to stop Sony from again going with Spider-Man versus three poorly developed villains in one film, which is what they like to jam in the gears whenever things seem to be going too well for them.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 08-21-2019 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Are they the Simon Kinbergs of Fox?

One thing that is killing movies today is when studios puts the loyalty of a person first to the person's actual talents.

It is what killed X-Men at Fox, it could kill Spiderman at sony again if they keep Pascal.

Not every marvel characters need the MCU, what they needed is the right people in other studios.
    Rothman was the Head of Fox during the original X-Men cast films and he dragged his feet making them and a lot of the Studio "suggestions" for Wolverine Origins like the Deadpool stuff are rumored to come from him.

Pascals a mix bag when it comes to results and the Sony Hacks left me with no confidence in her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Sony must have made more money with Venom than Homecoming/FFH due to split revenues with Disney. Definitely a factor in the split. This is more than a shock since what we have heard in the past 2 weeks is FFH is now the highest grossing Spiderman and Sony movie. Its obviously not as it seems behind closed doors but FFH is a MCU movie, obviously you will only hear good things from everyone in the press who are supposed to be neutral to both sides. Can we get more news feeds of Sony not being the bad guys here.
    It’s not even that. It’s that Disney gets the Kerch money already and wanted a 50% split. That’s a stupid deal for Sony and it makes it worth it to pull out

BANNED

Sony on Twitter: Sucks Feige is so busy! Deal fell apart.

The Sane World: Riiiiiight....Sony=stupid confirmed

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I feel like Sony expected everyone to see Disney as the big bad when they leaked this, but that’s definitely not happening overall.

Anyway various sources are now saying that there’s still a decent chance this can be avoided and the two companies might meet up again.

So will the next film be called Homeless to keep the home theme?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    So will the next film be called Homeless to keep the home theme?
    LOL..i see what you did there!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I feel like Sony expected everyone to see Disney as the big bad when they leaked this, but that’s definitely not happening overall.

Anyway various sources are now saying that there’s still a decent chance this can be avoided and the two companies might meet up again.
    Neither side is getting a good transition . Holland Spiderman without MCU is a hard transition, If you think venom avoiding spiderman stuff was stupid, Sony avoiding MCU stuff will be even worse. MCU not being able to clean break from Spiderman will be annoying as well. It is in their best interest at worst to do one more movie and set up a world without Spiderman in MCU and transition Spiderman without MCU for Sony. Them not working out some deal even just a small one is bad.