Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    So will the next film be called Homeless to keep the home theme?
    Isn't Sony keeping the rights. His home is now at Sony again.

I'm guessing the Spider-Man pointing meme is going to show up a lot in the next two days.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Neither side is getting a good transition . Holland Spiderman without MCU is a hard transition, If you think venom avoiding spiderman stuff was stupid, Sony avoiding MCU stuff will be even worse. MCU not being able to clean break from Spiderman will be annoying as well. It is in their best interest at worst to do one more movie and set up a world without Spiderman in MCU and transition Spiderman without MCU for Sony. Them not working out some deal even just a small one is bad.
    It’s pretty easy for Sony imo. All they have to do is say now that Stark’s dead, Peter just wants to continue on with his own thing. Honestly Spider-Man not being devoted to Iron Man’s lineage shouldn’t be viewed as a bad thing.

The biggest issue is the Parker reveal at the end of Far From Home. Which honestly i view as more of a function of the MCU foregoing secret identities.

Horrible, horrible news.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    It's a good job I don't care about comic book movies anymore!

But I will say Marvel should have known something like this would happen, with most of their big hitters gone from Endgame to lose Spidey too they've got some work to do again.
    I honestly don't think marvel is worried. They made a billion out of Black Panther and Captain Marvel. So having A list comic book characters isn't necessarily a pre-requisite for sucess on the movie side of things. Plus they have the Fox stuff on the horizen, so if anything they probably have more potential IPs than they could hope to produce.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Rothman was the Head of Fox during the original X-Men cast films and he dragged his feet making them and a lot of the Studio "suggestions" for Wolverine Origins like the Deadpool stuff are rumored to come from him.

Pascals a mix bag when it comes to results and the Sony Hacks left me with no confidence in her.
    That was at a different studio. Surely Tom Rothman has learned from previous errors and has delivered since then.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/07/so...ry-1202160166/

Eh. The MCU Spidey films and the whole Stark sidekick angle hasn’t been that great anyway. Homecoming was utterly forgettable and FFH was only good because of Mysterio. So I’m not heartbroken about it.

Meanwhile Spiderverse was amazing and one of my favorite comic based movies in general. Sony is *capable* of making good Spidey movies if they have the right folks working on it and handle the franchise with the respect it deserves. And personally I prefer the first 2 Raimi films to the MCU ones. Everyone brings up Spiderman 3 like some kind of evidence of how Sony sucks, but never do I see it mentioned how good the first 2 were.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Isn't Sony keeping the rights. His home is now at Sony again.
    Again? He's been at sony the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Eh. The MCU Spidey films and the whole Stark sidekick angle hasn’t been that great anyway. Homecoming was utterly forgettable and FFH was only good because of Mysterio. So I’m not heartbroken about it.

Meanwhile Spiderverse was amazing and one of my favorite comic based movies in general. Sony is *capable* of making good Spidey movies if they have the right folks working on it and handle the franchise with the respect it deserves. And personally I prefer the first 2 Raimi films to the MCU ones. Everyone brings up Spiderman 3 like some kind of evidence of how Sony sucks, [b]but never do I see it mentioned how good the first 2 were.[.b]
    Really? I see/read people saying that Spidey 2 is one of the greatest superhero movies all the time. I don't personally agree, but I definitely see it.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post

Meanwhile Spiderverse was amazing and one of my favorite comic based movies in general. Sony is *capable* of making good Spidey movies if they have the right folks working on it and handle the franchise with the respect it deserves. And personally I prefer the first 2 Raimi films to the MCU ones. Everyone brings up Spiderman 3 like some kind of evidence of how Sony sucks, but never do I see it mentioned how good the first 2 were.
    The first two were good. You also failed to mention the subsequent two films, with Andrew Garfield, that were horrible tire fires.

I liked Spiderverse and Venom was a good "bad" movie. Morbius? Black Cat? Full control of Spidey? Those aren't the same things and the track record there hasn't been good for 15 years. This is the kind of logic some X-fans used when Kinberg was back on for Dark Phoenix: "They've learned their lesson. They'll get it right. Remember how good Logan was?" Conveniently, the stuff that was just awful and tanked the character are forgotten.

Just to remind you and everyone in this thread...prior to Civil War, Spiderman was a national joke. People were ripping Sony for their overuse and crappy movies. Feige and Marvel managed to wash out a ton of bad taste in the mouths of the public in a tiny amount of screen time and put the character in as a beloved centerpiece. Not only was Sony incapable of doing that (which is why they ran to Momma Marvel for help), but they are perfectly capable of undoing all the good will that was established.
    Last edited by Theleviathan; 08-21-2019 at 10:06 AM.

BANNED

One more thing: If you need to know nothing else about why Sony is blundering, public reaction is clearly against them. So even if this sticks (and I'm doubtful it does) they just made one hell of an uphill battle for themselves. They've likely pissed off Tom Holland and everyone who is an MCU fan. Judging by the numbers Far from Home and Endgame did....that's what we can safely call an unwise strategy.

I like that SONY are the bad guys, when Disney are the ones who wanted to up their revenue share by 45%.

Honestly, **** Disney. They have enough.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    One more thing: If you need to know nothing else about why Sony is blundering, public reaction is clearly against them. So even if this sticks (and I'm doubtful it does) they just made one hell of an uphill battle for themselves. They've likely pissed off Tom Holland and everyone who is an MCU fan. Judging by the numbers Far from Home and Endgame did....that's what we can safely call an unwise strategy.
    There’s only a backlash because entitled fanboys are mad Spider-man might not be in the MCU. We are already getting silly takes like Sony can’t make a good Spider-Man film. They made 6 and 4 were very good to amazing and only two were mediocre to bad. Or that Sony can’t make lucrative Spider-man films when they’ve never had one go below 700 million and they nearly got 1 billion with Venom.

Here’s the blunt reality, Sony owns the film rights to Spider-man. If you take their worst Spider-Man film, Marvel only adds 400 million to that if you only consider the higher grossing if their two films. If you take their best, next to Sony’s best it’s a like 200 million. This is with a lot of inflation, a bigger international market, and the MCU connection in Marvel’s favor.

Disney already gets the merchandise rights, which is massive and now they want s bigger cut of the films.

Think of it this way. If the roles were reversed, do you see Disney sharing profits on something they own because another company owns other properties that integrate well with it? There’s not a chance. Nobody who owns the product would give up that much when they don’t have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I like that SONY are the bad guys, when Disney are the ones who wanted to up their revenue share by 45%.

Honestly, **** Disney. They have enough.
    Just another day in the life of a company that owns everything. The news reporting of this story is despicable. Sony is getting ripped to shreds. Do people still want to question how many people in the media are Disney Marvel Studio lackeys anymore? And they judge us for not taking their so called ''critical accliam and commercial success'' seriously anymore.

BANNED

So it’s seems this move is a result of the Disney/Fox merger.