Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Looks to me like this is more Disney's fault.
    For all the ragging on Sony, if the deal that's been reported on is indeed what happened I don't fault them one bit. Spider-Man is the studio's most profitable franchise, and to give up half of the gross for a Spider-Man movie?! I wouldn't take that deal, even if they were offering to also split production costs.

Seeing Spider-Man in Avengers movies was fun, but no big loss to that expansive U.
    And I never needed to see Avengers in Spider-Man. So it makes no difference to me there either.
    As long as they keep Holland and continue his Spider-Man it's fine with me.
    As to continuity, he can reference the influence of the big tech guy, without naming him, and his adventures with the greatest team in the world, again without naming them.
    In the end he needs to go home to his city, and his world and his villains.
    That's what the next movie should be about anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Seeing Spider-Man in Avengers movies was fun, but no big loss to that expansive U.
    And I never needed to see Avengers in Spider-Man. So it makes no difference to me there either.
    As to continuity, he can reference the influence of the big tech guy, without naming him, and his adventures with the greatest team in the world, again without naming them.
    Gonna be kinda hard with him being outed? Otherwise he's just going to be Iron Man-lite.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Gonna be kinda hard with him being outed?
    Does the article even say that?

Otherwise he's just going to be Iron Man-lite.
    What does that even mean?
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-21-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Yeah, in the least I think marvel got Spider-Man at the right time. They got him for Civil War, Infinity War and End Game (apart from his solos of course). So they made good use of him while they had him.

I would HOPE they could get him back if Marvel did Secret Wars. But otherwise... I think Marvel got what it needed from him.

Spectacular Member

Just watch Sony try to soften the huge backlash by flashbacking to Ben's murder, making May a 90 year-old near invalid, and giving Peter a white girlfriend in the next movie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by capNthor View Post
    Just watch Sony try to soften the huge backlash by flashbacking to Ben's murder, making May a 90 year-old near invalid, and giving Peter a white girlfriend in the next movie
    Next Spider-Man film.... Spiderman vs Venom and Carnage. Boom fans move on

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Depends how good it is. Sony and Fox don't necessarily have marvel's consistency with movies. If the next Spider-Man without Feige producing ends up even being so-so, you'll end up with a Backlash.

Sony sort of has to deliver here. Which isn't to say they can't... but there's added pressure here now because it's following up a billion dollar movie.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    From the folks who brought you Spider-man vs a Lizard Man who wants to turn one major city into Lizard people for a single night. Tickets on sale now!

Some folks need to learn that there are two issues with the movie rights(previously fox, now Sony ):

1.) what we want from the movies as fans
    And
    2.) what Companies should do with properties that make them money

For example, a logical negative reaction to the Sony news is “aw that sucks, I really liked Spider-Man in the mcu.” An illogical negative reaction to the news is “Sony is greedy assholes!”
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Gonna be kinda hard with him being outed? Otherwise he's just going to be Iron Man-lite.

Perfect story reason to retire peter Parker and premiere miles morales, who conveniently has no ties to the mcu.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Depends how good it is. Sony and Fox don't necessarily have marvel's consistency with movies. If the next Spider-Man without Feige producing ends up even being so-so, you'll end up with a Backlash.

Sony sort of has to deliver here. Which isn't to say they can't... but there's added pressure here now because it's following up a billion dollar movie.
    They could end up with a backlash before the movie is ever even seen. What if Tom Holland refuses to be in it?

They could make the best movie ever made and people could reject it on the basis of yet another actor reboot for Spiderman and people's adulation for Tom Holland. I really think this ends up getting resolved somehow, I don't see how Sony has much of a choice. (Not that they have to cave to Disney's demands, but I'm sure an agreement can be reached)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Perfect story reason to retire peter Parker and premiere miles morales, who conveniently has no ties to the mcu.
    I think the fact that the last Peter movie earned billion dollars is incentive to at least give the current Spider-Man one more go around. Complete the trilogy.

But afterwards yeah... doing Mile movies with more of a clean slate in their own universe would probably be the easiest thing to do.

BANNED

I really don’t know what’s the big deal is. He wasn’t in the MCU enough to make any difference and he mainly interacted with Tony. His solo movies was problematic and not to par with the comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Some folks need to learn that there are two issues with the movie rights(previously fox, now Sony ):

1.) what we want from the movies as fans
    And
    2.) what Companies should do with properties that make them money

For example, a logical negative reaction to the Sony news is “aw that sucks, I really liked Spider-Man in the mcu.” An illogical negative reaction to the news is “Sony is greedy assholes!”
    Agree. Plus the rumors really made Disney look greedy. But it appears that's not the whole truth and it wasnt a co-finacining thing like rumored. But instead a Producers credit issue. Unfortunately despite what someone people would like you to belives people love MCU Spider-Man. So no matter what happened people are gonna blame Sony. But yea the OG rumor saying Disney wanted 50% of Spider-man is silly and if it had been true Sony should walk and never look back. Disney makes more money every year off Spidey merchandise then they would if they got this 50%. I'm not sure what all a producer credit entails financially and if the fact Feige cant personaly produce means he wants his credit and compensation plus compensation for whatever underling he hires to handle Spidey. Honestly ima stop cause like I said I have no idea what any of that entails so I'm I'm probaly pontificating falsehoods. Anyway if anyone knows how that business works and can break down what a Producer credit means and why that would be such an issue. I'd really appreciate it

Oy @ Lupriki. Theres nothing problematic about the MCU spider-man movies except that some people personaly didnt like it. The movies are insanely popular so stop acting like your speak for the public. Your share a valid opinion with a minority. Which is fine you dont likensomething Express your opinion. But maybe if you stop acting like your Opinion is some universal truth people wont respond so negatively to you.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-21-2019 at 09:38 PM.