Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Sony stock is tanking because of this news. Hopefully that will get them back in the negotiating table.
    Stock market always react to news, it means nothing.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    If I asked for a 50% raise, I'd likely be shown the door as well.
    You’re not as good at your job as Disney is at theirs.

I admit I've lost a lot of the luster I once had for MCU Spider-Man, so I'm not too bothered by this (especially if it means we can get a solo Spider-Man film without a single mention of Tony Stark) but I can understand people who enjoyed having Holland in a shared Marvel Universe would be disappointed.

But to be honest I felt like this was always going to happen when you had Disney and Sony trying to maintain a "shared rights" situation with such a major IP.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That isn't to say there aren't problems with the MCU Spider-Man, and I think we're going to see them in a glaring spotlight in the next movie. This Spider-Man has been built up around Tony Stark- all of his villains so far have been created by Tony Stark's actions, all of his suits are StarkTech- hell, Happy Hogan is flying him around in the last movie. But when they make the next movie, all of that will have to go. The one bright spot they have is Tom Holland, who seems to embody Peter Parker as good or better than Tobey or Andrew ever did.
    I agree with this, I just don't think he's as believable as Spidey.

To be honest I think it would be a positive thing for his Spider-Man to become disassociated with the MCU considering how much it impacted his character.

Telling you, now is the time to start the Night Monkey series of movies, free of Sony's input.
    I have no beef with Vegans

BANNED

It’s unfortunate, the X-Men can’t get away from Kevin Feige. But I’m glad to see Spider Man can be his own man without Stark influences.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Seriously.

They made Ant-Man into a block buster movie.

ANT

MAN

Meh, the MCU Spidey stuff never impressed me, but Into the Spider-Verse wowed me, so I'm okay with this.

Astonishing Member

Sony has a deep inventory of characters. They don't need Marvel. Venom, Morbius, Kraven, Black Cat, Silver Sable, wow too many rich characters that can sustain the Sony universe for decades! Long live the Spider-Verse!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Disney makes a film that makes a billion dollars but want 50%

You make a film that makes between 750 million and 850 million but get 100%.

It has to make sense. Not to mention Disney was getting all the money from the toys and merch, which was a negative for Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Sony has a deep inventory of characters. They don't need Marvel. Venom, Morbius, Kraven, Black Cat, Silver Sable, wow too many rich characters that can sustain the Sony universe for decades! Long live the Spider-Verse!
    Most of these characters would have fitted well in the MCU than X-Men characters. MCU never did the best job with Spiderman, now they want to take on X-Men, a universe that fits less than Spiderman in the MCU. Spiderman can now have a chance at a movie like Logan. No more Disney kid friendly Iron Boy movies

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

I will miss MCU having a Spider-Man, Peter's admiration and sense of wonder for his situations and the fellow heroes he meet was a nice turn from the other heroes's egos rubbing against one another. Hopefully Ms. Marvel or another young hero can fill that role if this deal is set is stone. I can understand that going from 5% to 50% is a daunting change but with the results from Amazing Spider-Man 2 to now Far from Home being the first Spider-Movie to cross a billion dollars, I would say that request is fair. In addition, I am saddened by the loss of JK Simmons getting the chance to reprise his role of JJJ.
    I am not looking forward to another reboot to start from the beginning and Goblins flying amok, again.

Sony must have made more money with Venom than Homecoming/FFH due to split revenues with Disney. Definitely a factor in the split. This is more than a shock since what we have heard in the past 2 weeks is FFH is now the highest grossing Spiderman and Sony movie. Its obviously not as it seems behind closed doors but FFH is a MCU movie, obviously you will only hear good things from everyone in the press who are supposed to be neutral to both sides. Can we get more news feeds of Sony not being the bad guys here.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-20-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Sony gave us one of the absolute best Spider-Man movies--Spider-Verse, a movie that Disney is incapable of making (since they're incapable of making big budget animation with their Marvel properties.) And MCU Spidey is...I dunno, sort of an alt-Spidey? No main continuity Peter Parker was ever this tied to Tony Stark. I'm okay with this, in other words.

BANNED

Spider-Man was never a good fit for the MCU. Spider Man’ storyline and history, like the X-Man is too dark for the MCU. He was basically Ion Man’s sidekick little boy in the MCU. Peter Parker is a strong, but troubled young man. The MCU made him out to be a weak, happy-go-lucky nerd.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Sony gave us one of the absolute best Spider-Man movies--Spider-Verse, a movie that Disney is incapable of making (since they're incapable of making big budget animation with their Marvel properties.) And MCU Spidey is...I dunno, sort of an alt-Spidey? No main continuity Peter Parker was ever this tied to Tony Stark. I'm okay with this, in other words.
    You know Big Hero 6 is a Marvel property, right?