Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73
  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Recent success? Do you mean "Venom"? Because the success of that film rests entirely on Tom Hardy's shoulders. He was absolutely perfect casting, turning a sow's ear into a silk purse almost by force of will. Everything else about that movie as a trainwreck. Writing, plotting, pacing, just a mess on every level. Hardy is just so damned entertaining in both roles that it's worth watching essentially just to watch him talk to himself.
    Sony also made Into The SpiderVerse which won an Oscar.

  2. #32

    Default

    When will they decrepit the character and make a man-child of him?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,116

    Default

    Considering what's happening with Disney in other news, I don't think Marvel can afford to cut their nose of right now.

  4. #34
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Considering what's happening with Disney in other news, I don't think Marvel can afford to cut their nose of right now.
    Bob Iger and the rest of IlluMickeynati looking at the 6 remaining months on the countdown clock until Mulan's release like it's an Incursion alert.
    Dance games are my divine punishment from the Lord. May my furnace be forever fueled.

  5. #35
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Considering what's happening with Disney in other news, I don't think Marvel can afford to cut their nose of right now.
    Are you talking about the SEC whistleblower thing, Galaxy's Edge flopping, Star Wars merchandise not selling, the debt issues caused by buying Fox, having to take the axe to Fox, or trying to find a way to make it impossible to share your Disney+ password when the service launches?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  6. #36
    Incredible Member Kintor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Bob Iger and the rest of IlluMickeynati looking at the 6 remaining months on the countdown clock until Mulan's release like it's an Incursion alert.
    Forget Mulan, the Feds are coming for Disney now: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/di...ars-2019-08-19

    I mean, the timing does seem interesting. Yesterday news broke about alleged fraud at Disney to the tune of billions of dollars; Disney's share price has been cratering ever since. Then today the Spider-Man deal with Sony fell apart. Maybe Sony suddenly realised they had more leverage then they thought if it turns out Disney is just a paper tiger.

  7. #37
    Mighty Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    I dn't want to get my hopes up, but if Spidey is gone, that would be one less recycled franchise. Between that, the FF, Blade and the X-Men, the MCU was beginning to smell like old food.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

  8. #38
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    517

    Default

    This feels like a power move
    Theyre negotiating and the whole clickbait articles aren't helping

  9. #39
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    517

    Default

    spider-man: broken home

  10. #40
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,203

    Default

    This is a rehash of the whole debate about the X-Men but Spider-Man was always the inconvenient fact that undercut every argument about Marvel trying to destroy the X-Men. Marvel Studios has never had any right to a Spider-Man movie. While they were working together to create a shared universe, Sony still made the money from the movies (a situation that led to the current split). During this entire time, Spider-Man continued to be a major Marvel character, often with several books and appearing in other books as well. Likewise, Marvel has been pushing Venom like crazy despite Venom not appearing in the MCU but appearing in a purely Sony movie. If Perlmutter had some vendetta against the Fantastic Four and X-Men, there's never been a good explanation why that vendetta didn't apply to Spider-Man. The claim was just that Spider-Man was too big to do that to.

    So, even if you buy the conspiracy theory, Spider-Man is still too big to do that to. If you're like me and never really bought the theory when it came to comic books (note, I'm not disagreeing when it came to merchandise and other outside products), then you'll definitely think nothing will change.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

    I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

    Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

  11. #41
    Extraordinary Member JKtheMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bedford UK
    Posts
    9,762

    Default

    Perhaps we should wait and see if Spider-Man is no longer in the MCU before we speculate on such things. The internet is in a spin but it seems they may have the wrong end of the stick.

    News of Peter Parker's demise has been greatly exaggerated.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    This is like Disney vs Universal and Disney vs Netflix all over again, isn't it? It all comes down to Disney wanting to make as much money as possible from their franchises and shutting down any kind of partnership that wouldn't allow them to do so. I mean, it's a capitalist world, so I get that... but it doesn't suck any less from a fan point of view.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    This is a rehash of the whole debate about the X-Men but Spider-Man was always the inconvenient fact that undercut every argument about Marvel trying to destroy the X-Men. Marvel Studios has never had any right to a Spider-Man movie. While they were working together to create a shared universe, Sony still made the money from the movies (a situation that led to the current split). During this entire time, Spider-Man continued to be a major Marvel character, often with several books and appearing in other books as well. Likewise, Marvel has been pushing Venom like crazy despite Venom not appearing in the MCU but appearing in a purely Sony movie. If Perlmutter had some vendetta against the Fantastic Four and X-Men, there's never been a good explanation why that vendetta didn't apply to Spider-Man. The claim was just that Spider-Man was too big to do that to.

    So, even if you buy the conspiracy theory, Spider-Man is still too big to do that to. If you're like me and never really bought the theory when it came to comic books (note, I'm not disagreeing when it came to merchandise and other outside products), then you'll definitely think nothing will change.
    Yeah, I agree with this. They've had plenty of opportunity to boycott Spider-Man in the comics while he was all Sony, so I don't know why that would start now.

    I do wonder about other medias, though. My understanding is that Marvel owns all things related to Spider-Man outside of live action movies, so that includes video game and animation rights. The recent Spider-Man game and the Spiderverse animation were very successful due to Sony, but they wouldn't have been able to even produce those without Marvel's permission. I don't think Marvel will stop making animations and games about Spider-Man, but is it possible that Disney will from now on not allow Sony to be the one in charge of those just out of spite?

  13. #43
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,088

    Default

    Spidey, Venom and Hulk are chart toppers.

    So no.
    "Cable was right!"

  14. #44

    Default

    Jared Leto has some horrible luck
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

  15. #45

    Default

    maybe Miles will take the brunt of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    true with his peter tingle he can avoid accidents
    not if avoiding the accident means that someone else will be harmed. Peter is very responsible. that's how you attack him; through innocents.
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •