Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should they kill off Harley at some point?

I mean I just don't see her appeal anymore I feel like she's at her best when she's Joker's side kick and I don't like the idea of her being made into a hero if what I've heard is true. I feel maybe it would be more fitting if her love for Joker got her killed like in the animated series where Batman says "I hope your still laughing when the joke's on you." I just feel Joker killing her is the most logical direction to take her character and I'd prefer her obsession/love for Joker to be her end making her a cautionary tale.

Something like this scene for example

I like harley and don't want her killed. I'm not a fan of her becoming an anti hero but I feel there's still plenty of potential left in her character.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Again.
    Someone doesn't like or doesn't see what the character's for, they propose to kill, get rid, or reboot so they don't exist. There's the Batfam, there's this...

This kind of thinking is what's been happening at DC and that's how we got events where characters are killed... because nobody's using them or don't know what to do with them or just plain don't like them... and then readers get angry because it's for shock value, because those characters have fans... and from the business side, if that character headline a book, that means cutting off future revenues from fans of those characters for at least a year... just for one period (six months) of hype.

Answer's no.

I wouldn't object to that kind of death in a self contained Elseworlds, but not in the main range.
    Death in comics is overdone, never sticks, so it lacks any serious impact or consequences.
    The character is hugely popular. She has another movie and an animated series coming out. She's unlikely to go away anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I like harley and don't want her killed. I'm not a fan of her becoming an anti hero but I feel there's still plenty of potential left in her character.
    This is also my stance on the subject of killing Harkey. She still has plenty of potential besides I enjoy reading about her.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

I wouldn't mind her going more on the bad guy side rather than good guy. Similar to the Arkham Harley

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I wouldn't mind her going more on the bad guy side rather than good guy. Similar to the Arkham Harley
    I too would like to see more villain than hero Harley make a comeback. *crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Could not care less either way. I completely apathetic to the lame Deadpool ripoff she's been turned into over the years.

I'm perfectly fine with Antihero Harley. The only thing I have a problem with is how often the awful things she still does are kinda...put up with.

why would they do that
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Her love for the Joker getting her killed has been done
    They already killed Harley a couple of times in fact pre flashpoint Joker killed her during the emperor joker arc
    What's left for DC to do? Something original is always nice which is why her current direction as an anti hero has lasted so long

Incredible Member

As long as she making WB money she's not going anywhere.

Mighty Member

I don’t think killing her off is the BEST option. However keeping her a villain would probably be fun (and wouldn’t gloss over all of the things she was at the LEAST an accomplice to). Kind of like how her DCUniverse show is about her trying to make a name for herself in the supervillain community.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    As long as she making WB money she's not going anywhere.
    At this point in time Superman is more likely to be killed off than Harley. Well they did actually kill off Superman in the movies, but he got better. If Harley were killed it wouldn't last long, and just be for shock
    value, sort of like killing Brian on Family Guy, so why bother?

Even if you don't see her appeal, a lot of people do. She has many, many fans. Why would DC want to piss them off?