Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I read the first two issues before I decided just to wait for the trade paperback. I wasn't even aware there were delays until just now. Guess I'm not overly perturbed by this news.

This thought had recently occurred to me. IIRC, there was a good amount of criticism early on about the changes in DC continuity being the result of a Watchmen crossover. Dr. Manhattan wasn't seen to deserve the role. I shared that feeling, but it was far from a major con for me. If that feeling existed, wouldn't the believed backing away from this story to other subplots within the DC Universe make those folks happier?

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Is this one of those posts where you ding a poster on a semantic point though their meaning is clear? Or are you again registering your negative opinion of a book you're not reading?

Strictly speaking, "everyone" doesn't love any piece of art or any anything.

But 'everyone' can be loosely used as a synonym for 'most everyone' and that's how it's clearly used here. Ex: "Everyone was excited for Cry for Justice but then everyone hated it." That's not literally true but 'everyone' knows what's meant by it. To correct that statement on a semantic basis by saying "not everyone" was excited for it or later hated it isn't saying very much.

If you're speaking personally, I'd think actually reading a book would be a prerequisite to "loving" it or having any informed opinion about it. But maybe here you're making a semantic argument too, as in "not everyone loves it or really has any opinion at all about it because some people have never read it." If that's your point, I couldn't agree more.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't appreciate when somebody says "everyone" when not EVERYONE is correct.

This could have easily have been written as "many of us" instead, which I would not have necessarily objected to.

I'm sorry if my desire for ACCURACY bothers you this much.
    I guess many people no longer care about FACTUAL STATEMENTS these days.
    No, not everyone is in love with this book.
    It's called figurative language. Everyone knows that. And everyone loves DdC
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 08-22-2019 at 10:47 PM.

I don't appreciate when somebody says "everyone" when not EVERYONE is correct.

This could have easily have been written as "many of us" instead, which I would not have necessarily objected to.

I'm sorry if my desire for ACCURACY bothers you this much.
    I guess many people no longer care about FACTUAL STATEMENTS these days.
    You're arguing for accuracy & factual statements when you yourself refuse to call the book by anything but "Doomsday Cluck"? Am I reading that right?
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    You're arguing for accuracy & factual statements when you yourself refuse to call the book by anything but "Doomsday Cluck"? Am I reading that right?
    My calling the book what I call it has to do with how much I "respect" the project.

And I get pretty damn tired of being called out by a certain poster when they complain because I'm less than in fanboy-awe over a bloated mess. I'm not a part of "everyone" in kissing up to certain writers who seem to be the major forces DC has been favoring recently.

My calling the book what I call it has to do with how much I "respect" the project.

And I get pretty damn tired of being called out by a certain poster when they complain because I'm less than in fanboy-awe over a bloated mess. I'm not a part of "everyone" in kissing up to certain writers who seem to be the major forces DC has been favoring recently.
    Well, there's a vast difference in fanboy awe and calling something by its actual name. The Cluck bit is just juvenile and honestly makes me take your opinions less seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Well, there's a vast difference in fanboy awe and calling something by its actual name. The Cluck bit is just juvenile and honestly makes me take your opinions less seriously.
    You are allowed to do whatever you wish.

My opinions are my opinions, and evidently do not line up with some people who post here.

I'm still a little interested but with all the delays I should just trade wait because I might forget to the next issue.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

The story itself is great but it has been delayed so badly that all the momentum from Rebirth has been lost. I think it will read great in trade. But as a story that helps make sense of DC's current continuity, unfortunately I think the delays allowed writers to run wild again without a clear plan from editorial. So any ground Doomsday Clock breaks will just be undone.