Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 69
  1. #46
    Fantastic Member astro@work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Denver metroplex
    Posts
    441

    Default

    I'm still interested and will see it through. I'd be MORE interested if it was coming out with any kind of regularity.

    It's a good quality read but some of the finer points are getting lost on me with the long waits in between. I'm anxious to read it in trade to connect the dots on some of the subplots.

    At this point it's a great treat when they occasionally publish an issue.

  2. #47
    Incredible Member Ying Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    873

    Default

    I'm going to see it through, although I keep forgetting this book even exists lol. Every issue so far has been excellent.

    Should have trade waited this one.

  3. #48
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Just an assumption that Doomsday Clock would finish by the end of summer.
    That's a hell of a lot of assuming, thinking Doomsday Cluck was going to be done by this summer, AND assuming that the Justice Society was automatically be getting a new series of their own right away.

  4. #49
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    This is how everyone feels until the next issue comes out and everyone's foaming at the mouth with excitement again. It's a good story and we all know it, but the delays just make us question it. It'll read better in a trade. Maybe some excitement could stay with us through the delays if we knew DC still plans to follow Johns' conclusion.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  5. #50
    Astonishing Member Clark_Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smallville, KS
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    <raises hand> I do! It's my favorite book they have going, and I've re-read the first 10 issues at least 5 or 6 times now.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

    Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

  6. #51
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,784

    Default



    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  7. #52
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,515

    Default

    Whilst what I've seen is very good im more intrigued by the backroom stuff, why its so late etc. Its clearly not Johns and Frank at this point

  8. #53
    Incredible Member Dreaded Porcupine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Back in limbo
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That's a hell of a lot of assuming, thinking Doomsday Cluck was going to be done by this summer, AND assuming that the Justice Society was automatically be getting a new series of their own right away.
    Not sure why you’re overreacting to an assumption. Don’t really care. If they don’t come out with a JSA book I’ll just keep reading mostly Marvel. Immortal Hulk, Amazing Spider-Man, Tony Stark Iron Man, Captain America, Avengers, etc keeps me plenty busy.

  9. #54

    Default

    I was really interested in Doomsday Clock felt like it was going somewhere, in tandem with all the other books. Superman and Batman were obviously building up to a conclusion that would be reflected in Doomsday Clock. Now, Rebirth is long gone, all the characters are hopeless and grim again (like in new 52), I have dropped all the books because of this, and the conclusion of DoomsDay clock just seems trivial. They propped it up to be a game changer but I think this is not going to be the case any longer. Hopefully, I am proved wrong.

  10. #55
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    I was really interested in Doomsday Clock felt like it was going somewhere, in tandem with all the other books. Superman and Batman were obviously building up to a conclusion that would be reflected in Doomsday Clock. Now, Rebirth is long gone, all the characters are hopeless and grim again (like in new 52), I have dropped all the books because of this, and the conclusion of DoomsDay clock just seems trivial. They propped it up to be a game changer but I think this is not going to be the case any longer. Hopefully, I am proved wrong.
    Red Hood is at least looking up. Jason is set to be teaching fledgling meta-kids how to be "super villains", and Lobdell does plan on reuniting the Dark Trinity. Outside of Red Hood, maybe Batman Beyond is all I'm following now, with Teen Titans now going Justice Lords.

  11. #56
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    This is how everyone feels until the next issue comes out and everyone's foaming at the mouth with excitement again. It's a good story and we all know it, . . .
    No, not everyone is in love with this book.

  12. #57
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    I don't overly care at this point about how it will affect the rest of the DCU, I'm just really enjoying it for what it is.

    That said, in one of his recent Wordballoon interviews, Bendis mentioned that he knows where Johns is going with Doomsday Clock and he's been careful not to step on his toes so it may well not be quite as "irrelevant" as most of us have assumed it to be.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

  13. #58
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    No, not everyone is in love with this book.
    Is this one of those posts where you ding a poster on a semantic point though their meaning is clear? Or are you again registering your negative opinion of a book you're not reading?

    Strictly speaking, "everyone" doesn't love any piece of art or any anything.

    But 'everyone' can be loosely used as a synonym for 'most everyone' and that's how it's clearly used here. Ex: "Everyone was excited for Cry for Justice but then everyone hated it." That's not literally true but 'everyone' knows what's meant by it. To correct that statement on a semantic basis by saying "not everyone" was excited for it or later hated it isn't saying very much.

    If you're speaking personally, I'd think actually reading a book would be a prerequisite to "loving" it or having any informed opinion about it. But maybe here you're making a semantic argument too, as in "not everyone loves it or really has any opinion at all about it because some people have never read it." If that's your point, I couldn't agree more.

  14. #59
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Is this one of those posts where you ding a poster on a semantic point though their meaning is clear? Or are you again registering your negative opinion of a book you're not reading?

    Strictly speaking, "everyone" doesn't love any piece of art or any anything.

    But 'everyone' can be loosely used as a synonym for 'most everyone' and that's how it's clearly used here. Ex: "Everyone was excited for Cry for Justice but then everyone hated it." That's not literally true but 'everyone' knows what's meant by it. To correct that statement on a semantic basis by saying "not everyone" was excited for it or later hated it isn't saying very much.

    If you're speaking personally, I'd think actually reading a book would be a prerequisite to "loving" it or having any informed opinion about it. But maybe here you're making a semantic argument too, as in "not everyone loves it or really has any opinion at all about it because some people have never read it." If that's your point, I couldn't agree more.
    I don't appreciate when somebody says "everyone" when not EVERYONE is correct.

    This could have easily have been written as "many of us" instead, which I would not have necessarily objected to.

    I'm sorry if my desire for ACCURACY bothers you this much.
    I guess many people no longer care about FACTUAL STATEMENTS these days.

  15. #60
    Mighty Member LordUltimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,653

    Default

    Honestly, the delays are probably because Geoff Johns is busy with the DCEU; Shazam! is getting frequent and heavy delays also.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •