Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It bothers me that they coped out and made Joseph a separate character from Magneto.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

The only reason Joseph existed was to be a Magneto tease and a romantic spoiler for Rogue and Gambit, another all-consuming '90s couple which I considered slightly lamer than even Scott and Jean. Making him not Magneto made him even more of a waste of time than he already was. Why he was ever brought back is beyond me.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

In a nutshell, this is more-or-less what happened with Ben Reilly over in Spider-Man. Marvel didn't see much use for another Spider-Hero that was literally a clone of Peter Parker that also shared his formative memories and moral compass (if not somewhat heightened), so they brought him back as a deranged villain. Then they tried to do damage control by spinning him off as an anti-hero a la Deadpool or Venom, never mind that the reason people took to Deadpool and Venom as anti-heroes was that they were wildly popular as villains and Ben's heel turn in The Clone Conspiracy, especially when it culminated in him trying to kill Peter for calling him out and then nearly wiping out the human race to "reanimate" it, was greatly despised. (Also, never mind that Kaine as the second Scarlet Spider did the whole Spider-Clone-as-villain-turned-anti-hero thing better, but then he had better writing on his side.) Not much different from what happened to Nate and Joseph, by and large.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In a nutshell, this is more-or-less what happened with Ben Reilly over in Spider-Man. Marvel didn't see much use for another Spider-Hero that was literally a clone of Peter Parker that also shared his formative memories and moral compass (if not somewhat heightened), so they brought him back as a deranged villain. Then they tried to do damage control by spinning him off as an anti-hero a la Deadpool or Venom, never mind that the reason people took to Deadpool and Venom as anti-heroes was that they were wildly popular as villains and Ben's heel turn in The Clone Conspiracy, especially when it culminated in him trying to kill Peter for calling him out and then nearly wiping out the human race to "reanimate" it, was greatly despised. (Also, never mind that Kaine as the second Scarlet Spider did the whole Spider-Clone-as-villain-turned-anti-hero thing better, but then he had better writing on his side.) Not much different from what happened to Nate and Joseph, by and large.
    Yeah Ben isn't even the same character

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    Yeah Ben isn't even the same character
    Uh-huh, not even with Spider-Geddon "resetting" him at the end.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Wasn't anyone else grossed out by the idea of Magneto and Rogue all the way back in Savage Land?

Joseph's post-AoA appearance was like a dry heave aftershock, and I'm glad they got rid of the character.

The 90s were full of story indulgences that had no substantive value.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    They shouldnt have existed in the 1st place...characters like them are what contributed to the downfall of the Xmen books and lead to needless convolution.
    It took a lot more than that, I mean look at the O5, Cable killing Cable, both AvX and IvX.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think Joseph had a nice send off in the 90īs and didnīt like how they just brought him back to be a villain without any real motivation or a motive that made sense and then he was killed. The character had potential especially if the original story have been allowed and he really was Magneto with amnesia but well it was not going to be and marvel always has been cruel to clones, if they ever bring him back, and I donīt want to, I just hope is done in a good story.

Nate I think he still can be saved, he didnīt really do major damage and given Hickmanīs first X-men issue is going to have all the grey-summers family there is a possibility he will be back at some point.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-21-2019 at 07:30 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022