Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default It bothers me what they did to Joseph and Nate Grey.

While I would have preferred they both stayed heroes, I can live with them becoming villains. But it's like they put no thought into it. If Nate was going to go bad, I feel like he would have done it in a much more intelligent way than that

And Joseph was brought back brainwashed, then jailed, and then was a villain again. And Rogue, Gambit, Beast, none of the people who were around made any attempt to help him.

Now granted they were both copies of similar characters.

But then you go and make Cable basically a copy of Nate lookswise. And Kid Apocalypse is still running around.

So is basically the same thing going to happen to them one day?

What's the point of bringing back old characters if you won't even explore their relationships with other characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    What's the point of bringing back old characters if you won't even explore their relationships with other characters?
    I don't like it either. But those were characters the Editorial wanted to discard asap ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Clones are hard for me. Because on the one hand they could be cool like X-23 but on the other hand i can see how fans of the original characters feel direct or "younger" copies can dilute their characters. Like Joseph is basically just a younger magneto and Nate looks like cable because that's what cable would have looked like when he was young. But it was kind of wasteful to bring Joseph back for the small role he had in Uncanny.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

They shouldnt have existed in the 1st place...characters like them are what contributed to the downfall of the Xmen books and lead to needless convolution.

Joseph had a ponytail mullet. End of discussion.

BANNED

Nate is one thing (until this recent mess which, ooof). Joseph has no reason to exist.

Despite starting out a bit 90s eXtreme, Nate’s got this vibe as a barefoot surf philosopher now. He’s something like Legion in the TV show where he has all this power and no idea what to do with it, so he’s going to be stuck as a chaotic good antagonist or solo protagonist whenever he comes back. Kind of like when Cable went all messianic, except that was kind of stupid because Cable is gruff buzzcut soldier guy.

BANNED

Nate already had that after Counter-X. This Age of X-Man crap made him radioactive AFAIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Despite starting out a bit 90s eXtreme, Nate’s got this vibe as a barefoot surf philosopher now. He’s something like Legion in the TV show where he has all this power and no idea what to do with it, so he’s going to be stuck as a chaotic good antagonist or solo protagonist whenever he comes back. Kind of like when Cable went all messianic, except that was kind of stupid because Cable is gruff buzzcut soldier guy.
    Yeah the details may be different though but isn't that basically Rachel's story when she becomes mother Askani. That's where the problem with clones come in in my opinion. Even though i like Nate objectively he doesn't add anything that doesn't already exist within the x-men. His story could have easily been divided up between rachel and cable and you have nate.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I would've agreed twenty years ago. To me Nate became salvageable with Counter-X, the shaman makeover as well as his subsequent usage in stuff like New Mutants years later. That's what made him stand out and become unique. But it's this latest AOXM shitshow that's wrecked that. IMO he'll have to disappear for quite awhile again.

Nate Grey deserved better, hopefully he comes back and they bring Threnody back too.
    I loved their chemistry.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Joseph had a ponytail mullet. End of discussion.
    First of all, Joseph never had a mullet. Secondly, it is extremely sexist of you to judge men on having long hair.

I hate what they turned Nate into. I'd rather AoXM Nate to be retconned into a weird construct of the Life Seef while the real one remains comatose in Sinister's lab.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Clones are hard for me. Because on the one hand they could be cool like X-23 but on the other hand i can see how fans of the original characters feel direct or "younger" copies can dilute their characters. Like Joseph is basically just a younger magneto and Nate looks like cable because that's what cable would have looked like when he was young. But it was kind of wasteful to bring Joseph back for the small role he had in Uncanny.
    When he first appeared in Uncanny, Joseph looked like a young Magneto and had his powers, but for the rest, he was quite different from him. He was a mild-mannered man and at the end, he sacrified his life for the greater good. Well, I don't know what they made of him later neither how he could have come back nor why he was so belligerent.
    Clones' fate is often tragic… even though, you don't need to be a clone to be used in a flippant manner in Marvel's universe.

So yes it bothers me too what they did to Joseph.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    When he first appeared in Uncanny, Joseph looked like a young Magneto and had his powers, but for the rest, he was quite different from him. He was a mild-mannered man and at the end, he sacrified his life for the greater good. Well, I don't know what they made of him later neither how he could have come back nor why he was so belligerent.
    Clones' fate is often tragic… even though, you don't need to be a clone to be used in a flippant manner in Marvel's universe.

So yes it bothers me too what they did to Joseph.
    He wasn't so much a mild manner man but a man with amnesia but i kind of get what your saying. He was a what could magneto have been as a young man if he didn't experience the holocaust which in a lot of ways made Joseph just a simple attempt at a do over Magneto. Though i did personally enjoy those issues with him and the woman on the farm.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.