Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Sony Reportedly Planning Female-Led Marvel Superhero Movie for 2017

With the Spider-Man film franchise in flux, a report says that a female-led Spidey spinoff movie is under consideration for 2017.

Full article here.

Amazing Member

Silver Sable!

BANNED

Thank you Sony! Finally someone doing a superheroine movie.

Sounds like the best Spider-Man decision Sony have made yet.

I just hope the filmmakers don't have to deal with studio execs messing around with the damn thing.

How pathetic,everytime Marvel has a massive success every other wannabe company is trying to ride on the coattails and announce something as if it matters.

Ultimate Member

Oh my God. If freaking Sony is actually able to get a female-led CBM made before either Marvel or WB, then that'd be so unbelievably pathetic on the latter two's part that I cannot help but laugh. Personally I'd love to see a Black Cat heist movie, or maybe a Silver Sable espionage film.

BANNED

Who do they even own the rights to?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miracleman View Post
    How pathetic,everytime Marvel has a massive success every other wannabe company is trying to ride on the coattails and announce something as if it matters.
    Yeah because Marvel has had such great success with their female-led movies, OH WAIT they don't have any.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    It's going to be interesting if either Marvel/Disney or Sony do a solo superheroine film before DC.

I'd accept a Black Cat movie but only if they update her character a bit. By update I mean make her a character whose soul purpose isn't to lust after Spider-Man.

All-New Member

Too bad it's Sony doing it, so it will probably suck. Then every male comic book fan will insist that female led movies don't sell, and go back to throwing a tantrum everytime someone tries to make Wonder Woman wear pants instead of panties, and go back to acting like women are some strange minority as opposed to a majority of the population. Meanwhile all kinds of women-led movies from other studios will continue to make money...original action movies, comedies, YA novel based books, on and on and on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah because Marvel has had such great success with their female-led movies, OH WAIT they don't have any.
    So Marvel sucks because they don't have a female led movie and we should stop seeing them? Is that what I'm hearing?

Ultimate Member

If it is a Black Cat (or Silver Sable for that matter) movie, then I'm thinking that it will be use to introduce them/set them up to be part of the S6. Oh and one of the benefits is that making a movie about those two wouldn't be hugely expensive and thus it doesn't have to do gang-busters numbers to be a success.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    It only said female-led. It could just as easily be a rom-com Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane title.

This is good news, but I wonder how successful spinning a superheroine movie out of the Spider-franchise will be. People are clamoring for a female-lead movie from Marvel right now because a large chunk of the audience is (rightfully!) in love with the Black Widow, because GotG just opened up the cosmic universe for characters like Captain Marvel and Phyla-Vel, and so on. Sony doesn't have an established fan favorite or the thrill of new frontiers on its side with this announcement. Wishing them all the luck, though; I wouldn't mind a Black Cat movie either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    So Marvel sucks because they don't have a female led movie and we should stop seeing them? Is that what I'm hearing?
    Umm no, pay attention next time. He talked about how "pathetic" it was that they're "aping" Marvel, and I was pointing out that Marvel doesn't have ANY female-led CBM's at this point. So therefore, Sony can't be aping them.