Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

If they do this before WB or Disney I will laugh.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

BANNED

So a female led superhero movie ? Wahahaha , black cat with mary jane & gwen stacey in tow and call themselves the spider ladies ? They should just concentrate on the sinister six movie first and foremost.

Ultimate Member

I'd be much more interested in a Black Cat movie than in a S6 one.

So wait, Sony has Spider-Woman rights? noooo

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    So Marvel sucks because they don't have a female led movie and we should stop seeing them? Is that what I'm hearing?
    That sounds absolutely nothing like what Punisher said.

Sony is going to make a superheroine movie out of some C list character before Marvel Studios and maybe even WB (depends if that Finke rumour is true). That's simultaneously hilarious and awesome.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Let's hope it turns out well so that other studios will follow suit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    This is good news, but I wonder how successful spinning a superheroine movie out of the Spider-franchise will be. People are clamoring for a female-lead movie from Marvel right now because a large chunk of the audience is (rightfully!) in love with the Black Widow, because GotG just opened up the cosmic universe for characters like Captain Marvel and Phyla-Vel, and so on. Sony doesn't have an established fan favorite or the thrill of new frontiers on its side with this announcement. Wishing them all the luck, though; I wouldn't mind a Black Cat movie either.
    So far the only guarantee of a Superheroine film we will have is Wonder Woman but all that will depend on the success of SvsB. So regardless of how one feels I guess if you want a Wonder Woman film then go watch SvsB. Still though WW is the one heroine movie that is actually confirmed while the rest are pretty much rumors at best.

Hopefully the success of Lucy will prompt a Black Widow movie. Personally I'd much rather see a Sif film but beggars cant be choosers.

Anyway I don't give a crap who makes em as long as they are done right. If the success of one movie influenced another company to make another movie then power to that company. Just....make it a good movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    Let's hope it turns out well so that other studios will follow suit.
    Amen to this.

Black Cat, a favorite amongst mostly comic book readers largely unknown to the general movie going populace is getting a movie before the more well know Supergirl and/or Wonder Woman!

oh Marvel sometimes you just impress me with... oh it's being made by Sony... guess it'll be another Catwoman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    That sounds absolutely nothing like what Punisher said.

Sony is going to make a superheroine movie out of some C list character before Marvel Studios and maybe even WB (depends if that Finke rumour is true). That's simultaneously hilarious and awesome.
    It's intriguing that the success of one movie is inspiring another company to do this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post

oh Marvel sometimes you just impress me with... oh it's being made by Sony... guess it'll be another Catwoman
    I didn't know we have a script out on this movie already. Man Sony is quick!!! They announce a superheroine movie and already got a script and movie info posted.

Oh wait we don't know anything about the movie so we don't know if it will suck or not.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Silver Sable and Black Cat aside, I wonder what the odds are that Anya Corazon (from the Amazing Fantasy relaunch about a decade ago) would get a film. Then we would have a female lead film and POC star.
    Sony seems to like the teen superhero things anyways.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    If they do this before WB or Disney I will laugh.
    Should it become successful then that is the proper time to laugh. Since that would be the ultimate punchline

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Amen to this.
    Absolutely. Especially if that other studio is WB and the film is Wonder Woman.

I'm not too up on Marvel, but I can't think of any other characters in the Spider-Man family that would be suitable. Bar Silver Sable or Black Cat. Am I missing something / somebody??

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    So wait, Sony has Spider-Woman rights? noooo
    I'd be willing to wager that Spider-woman is not a character that Sony has any rights to. Neither Jessica Drew nor Julie Carpenter (until very recently) had any connection to Spider-man when the licensing deals were written up.