Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    That's the thing. They haven't actually announced anything. This is a report about something that might be happening based on alleged insider information. Which is basically exactly where we've been regarding a female led movie for the last few years, be that from Marvel, DC*, Sony or even Fox.

*Strong rumours are still only rumours until they're not.
    Pretty much, which is why I think it's a bit dubious that it just so happens to come out after all these thinkpieces regarding Kevin Fiege's comments were posted.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    That's the thing. They haven't actually announced anything. This is a report about something that might be happening based on alleged insider information. Which is basically exactly where we've been regarding a female led movie for the last few years, be that from Marvel, DC*, Sony or even Fox.

*Strong rumours are still only rumours until they're not.
    Agreed. Thats how I see it. Would I like a female lead super movie? Yes, yes and yes. But am I going to get excited over this or start guessing who. Nope. Its a rumor. Once its not, then I can get excited. Haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Objectively Biased View Post
    Ya'll do realize this is bullshit, right?

First of all, 2017 is so far in advance that anything can change between now and then. More importantly, why would they even announce this without actually saying who the character is? It's a PR stunt.
    That is why I've pointed the closest confirmation to a superheroine movie we've got is a Wonder Woman movie. The rest consist of maybe's or IDK's.

Here is hoping it is a Black Cat film! Though the movie costume that they have been hinting at since Raimi's Spider-Man 2, needs some work.

Silver Sable would be cool too and could launch a franchise all of its own.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Oh my God. If freaking Sony is actually able to get a female-led CBM made before either Marvel or WB, then that'd be so unbelievably pathetic on the latter two's part that I cannot help but laugh.
    Start laughing then because it already happened. Sony distributed Supergirl in 1984 through TriStar Pictures.
    Hank Pym: You're taking over? Come on, give me one good reason why—
    Iron Man: Three words. You're. Hank. Pym.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It's funny how the "just doing it for PC" argument ONLY comes up with regards to female/minority-led movies. I don't hear anyone arguing "well Marvel is only making movies starring white guys simply for PC reasons." Double-standard, oh Hell yes.
    ???

I don't get it.

I guess technically it doesn't qualify as "female-led", but I think Cloak & Dagger are part of the Spidey franchise and would make for a more interesting movie than Silver Sabre or Black Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    I guess technically it doesn't qualify as "female-led", but I think Cloak & Dagger are part of the Spidey franchise and would make for a more interesting movie than Silver Sabre or Black Cat.
    There was going to be a Cloak and Dagger tv show, but it never got made. Which sucked. Cause I was looking forward to it.
    Pulls:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Start laughing then because it already happened. Sony distributed Supergirl in 1984 through TriStar Pictures.
    I meant in the "modern-era." Basically since the first Blade movie came out.

If this is the case, my bet would be on a Black Cat solo film given Felicity Jones' cameo as Felicia Hardy in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. The big downside to this, however, is that the general, non-comic book reading audience might assume that Sony/Marvel is ripping-off Catwoman. Also, if a Black Cat solo film is indeed in the works, don't be surprised if she her origin story gets told in the Sinister Six film and that she's featured as a founding member of the team.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 08-04-2014 at 03:09 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Paging Halle Berry, paging Halle Berry.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

So basically we're getting an off brand Catwoman movie that may possibly be better than Halle Berry's film?

I have not seen Felicity Jones in much, does she have the acting chops to pull off the leading lady role?

Congratulations Sony. You're the first studio to announce a female lead super hero film! Other then that, good luck after TASM2.
    I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers... I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have, man, we have, all of us. Homes, and our families, normal lives. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it's giving us something. It is giving us a chance.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by THE DANGER965 View Post
    Congratulations Sony. You're the first studio to announce a female lead super hero film! Other then that, good luck after TASM2.
    This was not an announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by THE DANGER965 View Post
    Also there have been female lead super hero movies before lol. They were not good, but they were real.
    Pulls: