Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THE DANGER965 View Post
    Congratulations Sony. You're the first studio to announce a female lead super hero film! Other then that, good luck after TASM2.
    The first in this generation of films, maybe but we've already had a Catwoman, Elektra and Supergirl film. Beyond them we've had Tank Girl, Vamperella, Black Scorpion, Black Scorpion II and, technically, Lucy.

I'd prefer a new, decently-budgeted R-rated Vampirella film to just about anything else right now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    So basically we're getting an off brand Catwoman movie that may possibly be better than Halle Berry's film?

I have not seen Felicity Jones in much, does she have the acting chops to pull off the leading lady role?
    From what I've seen of her, she seems like a talented actress.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by THE DANGER965 View Post
    Congratulations Sony. You're the first studio to announce a female lead super hero film! Other then that, good luck after TASM2.
    Despite the fact that there have been superhero films centered on females before.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    From what I've seen of her, she seems like a talented actress.
    That is good to hear. Of course people said Helley Berry was a good actress... Let us hope they give Felicity Jones a workable script.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    That is good to hear. Of course people said Helley Berry was a good actress... Let us hope they give Felicity Jones a workable script.
    And a competent director.

There's just as much "evidence" that Marvel's putting out a Black Widow movie as there is that Sony is putting out a female led entry, more even as the rumor mongering has the Widow movie in early early development whereas Sony is supposedly still just mulling it over. And the fact that it's allegedly competing with a Venom spin off? I somehow find it HIGHLY doubtful the Sony is going to put their eggs into Black Cat or Silver Sable's basket as opposed to Venom, ESPECIALLY if they're hard hit for a big Cape movie. Even if they do decide to greenlight both which do you think is getting the focus in budget, casting, directing, editing, etc?

Edit: Basically Sony is in the weakest position of the three studios making Marvel Movies and have the rights to the fewest amount of major lead characters, I'm very skeptical of them being the first studio to take a chance and even if they do of it turning out particularly well.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 08-04-2014 at 02:20 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    There's just as much "evidence" that Marvel's putting out a Black Widow movie as there is that Sony is putting out a female led entry, more even as the rumor mongering has the Widow movie in early early development whereas Sony is supposedly still just mulling it over. And the fact that it's allegedly competing with a Venom spin off? I somehow find it HIGHLY doubtful the Sony is going to put their eggs into Black Cat or Silver Sable's basket as opposed to Venom, ESPECIALLY if they're hard hit for a big Cape movie. Even if they do decide to greenlight both which do you think is getting the focus in budget, casting, directing, editing, etc?
    Nobody said they couldn't combine both and do a female Venom. =D

Astonishing Member

"Our spiderman movie didn't do as well as expected, what should we do?"
    "Let's do a spin off to our movie that didn't do well!"
    "Brilliant idea Johnson! Now let's go smash our heads against the wall and drink gasoline whilst playing with lighters!"

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    "Our spiderman movie didn't do as well as expected, what should we do?"
    "Let's do a spin off to our movie that didn't do well!"
    "Brilliant idea Johnson! Now let's go smash our heads against the wall and drink gasoline whilst playing with lighters!"
    That formula sounds familiar...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    That formula sounds familiar...
    Hey, that worked great!

Ultimate Member

Or here's another possibility:

"Ok Johnson, our last movie didn't as well as expected."
    "Well sir, let's not completely panic and try and change EVERYTING. That'd just make it worse."
    "Ok, so what do we do."
    "Let's push TASM 3 back a few years, so we have time to address the problems that were in the second film."
    "Good idea Johnson."
    "And since one of the big complaints was that things were rushed and not built up enough, let's make some of those spinoff movies first. That way we can introduce people to these characters and make things seem more organic."
    "Genius Johnson, let's do it."

Quote Originally Posted by ktralfam View Post
    Silver Sable!
    Actually, I'd kind of rather her than Black Cat, who I've never really liked, myself. The seductress thing, and just not being good for Peter and all. Not that I'd be against her getting her own film, though. Who knows what they'd do with it, that I, or others, who might not otherwise be fond of her, would like.

Hopefully this is true, but action 'hero' wise, I can only really think of Spider-Woman - and women -, Black Cat and Silver Sable, off the top of my head, but maybe there's someone I'm not thinking of.

Jean DeWolff would be another, a cop/crime film, dealing with different layers of her life and character, how she deals with super crime, a superhero day to day, and whether or not they go with the 616 vesion, a more tragic, or sympathetic one, or the darker, yet still interesting shade.

Incredible Member

which female characters and/or metas does sony actually have?

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    which female characters and/or metas does sony actually have?
    Off the top of my head... Black Cat, Silver Sable, Calypso, Grey Goblin (not likely), White Rabbit and Yuri Watanabe/Wraithe. Maybe Firestar?