Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Everyone forgets that WB did SUPERGIRL, so a female DC character made it to the screen first.

Fantastic Member

I have about as much investment in Sony's 'Amazing' Spider-Man universe as I do in Fox's Fantastic Four reboot, which is to say, none whatsoever. So my expectations of anything coming out of it are pretty low. I hope this does turn out to be something and it's at least half decent. Let's face it, if we do get a superheroine/anti-heroine film from any studio, it only has to be about as good as say, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2 or the first X-Men movie and it'll still be the best comic book superheroine movie ever, the bar is set so low. But as with most movie rumours, talk to me when there's a director attached at the very least, it's too early for this much debate over whether it's doomed to failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Everyone forgets that WB did SUPERGIRL, so a female DC character made it to the screen first.
    I don't. It was my first superhero film! Even at the age of nine I knew it was completely broken though.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Umm no, pay attention next time. He talked about how "pathetic" it was that they're "aping" Marvel, and I was pointing out that Marvel doesn't have ANY female-led CBM's at this point. So therefore, Sony can't be aping them.
    It is pathetic that after they announce at the con that their movies are being back-tracked,now with the success of GOTG they announce a solo female lead project. A female lead within a small part of a marvel universe is very difficult to do. Black Cat,Silver Sable,gee....we gonna include the adventures of aunt may and the grey panther's club.

It's limited big time within that universe. So go pine for a female solo lead elsewhere.

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

The word (in the article) is that Lisa Joy Nolan (wife of Christopher Nolan's brother Jonathan) is scripting this.

In a possibly interesting connection, it was Jonathan in particular that pushed for Selina (Catwoman) to be a part of The Dark Knight Rises.

Felicity Jones is a very capable actress and hopefully any script if it is for a Felicia/Black Cat movie gives her the opportunity to build a rapport with the audience...IF they bring her back and don't recast.

You don't hire Felicity Jones for only a throwaway role...do you...

Furthermore, there's also a brief role for Felicity Jones, playing Felicia Hardy, in the new film. Felicia Hardy goes on to become Black Cat in the comics.

So: is this coincidence?

We asked that question to Matt Tolmach and Avi Arad. Specifically, we asked if we should be reading much into the fact that they've seeded Black Cat and the Spider Slayers in the new movie? "Definitely", Avi Arad told us. "Everything you see that makes you think about the comics, I think you should read into it". Matt Tolmach added that "There are no accidents". Arad noted that "when they'll be implemented, that's food for thought".
    http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/the-a...ider-man-films (April 16, 2014)

A couple things:

1. Really surprised to see Firestar listed in the mix here. Although she was introduced on a Spider-Man cartoon, she's always been more in the Avengers/Marvel (assuming they have all the New Warriors rights) or even X-Men worlds. I wonder if, when Sony made the deal, they lumped her in because of her connection to the "Amazing Friends," even though Iceman was already taken up by Fox's deal.

2. If this pans out, I could almost see Marvel bumping Dr. Strange back to early 2017 (and thereby freeing Benedict Cumberbatch up to play him) and using Avengers II to launch either a Black Widow film or introduce Carol Danvers for a Captain Marvel movie in 2016, just to get a jump on things.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

If this is what Katee Sackoff has been teasing on her twitter account I am less excited.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Ultimate Member

I doubt it. Nothing in those tweets screams "Spider-franchise" to me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miracleman View Post
    It is pathetic that after they announce at the con that their movies are being back-tracked,now with the success of GOTG they announce a solo female lead project. A female lead within a small part of a marvel universe is very difficult to do. Black Cat,Silver Sable,gee....we gonna include the adventures of aunt may and the grey panther's club.

It's limited big time within that universe. So go pine for a female solo lead elsewhere.
    No, I won't. Your entire post is nonsense. "Limiting the universe" what the Hell does that even mean. It's expanding the universe if anything. Nice try.

BANNED

No, I won't. Your entire post is nonsense. "Limiting the universe" what the Hell does that even mean. It's expanding the universe if anything. Nice try.
    Yeah it's sad how some fans don't want other companies outside of Marvel to try and make some kind of improvement. Either its by making a better movie or by making a solo superheroine film. Or both. Fan wars can be ridiculous sometimes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Can you blame folks for wanting to forget that movie existed? I'd love to forget that Catwoman existed

This sounds great to me. I hope they put good people on the movie if it is Black Cat...so long as her origin story isn't 'I got raped in college.'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by We R. Venom View Post
    This sounds great to me. I hope they put good people on the movie if it is Black Cat...so long as her origin story isn't 'I got raped in college.'
    Another thing about Black Cat that needs to be changed

BANNED

I think the general public is going to go see a Black Cat movie expecting Batman to cameo. I understand that studios might feel emboldened by the recent success of more obscure characters but that doesn't mean what worked for the goose will work for the gander.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I think the general public is going to go see a Black Cat movie expecting Batman to cameo. I understand that studios might feel emboldened by the recent success of more obscure characters but that doesn't mean what worked for the goose will work for the gander.
    I don't think the general public are that stupid to not tell the difference between the title Black Cat and Catwoman. Especially if a Marvel logo is presented. Sure you'd have some making knee jerk comments on Felecia being a rip off but I doubt people will confuse a Black Cat movie to a Catwoman movie

I'd be much more interested in a Black Cat movie than in a S6 one.
    A preference for Black Cat, or uncertainty for the Sinister Six film?