Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Default JJ and Henry Abrams' Spider-Man #1 YouTube Trailer with Nick Lowe

Marvel just came out with executive editor Lowe's trailer for the father and son mini series. We hear (stock?) excitement from Lowe and see a bit more of Picelli's art. And, if you are into that sort of thing, you can check out the comments, much of which as you might expect are less enthusiastic. A few frames of lens flares on Cadaverous and it gets called out already.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Lightbulb

I seriously doubt this series will sell one million or more units for each issue (as some inside the industry speculate). Abrams name isn't enough to achieve such success, IMO. Every comic book storyline which has sold millions of copies in the past twenty-five years or so was a major event like Death of Superman or Knightfall. These events owed much of their success to being billed as "game changers" months in advance of their release. The sales of these issues were not caused because of who wrote them rather because of the bombastic well-telegraphed content.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

This looks like a intriguing new limited series so i will be buying at least the first issue.
    Sara Pichelli's art looks great and the story seem to be quite interesting.

The real test is whether it can beat or do comparably to Whedon's first issue of X-Men, so like 200k, but I highly doubt it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Just have no interest in this, seems like hyping up a stunt.

Astonishing Member

One million?? Even the biggest comic event hasn’t sold close to that since the early 90s when the industry peaked. I’ll be shocked if this breaks 100k.

I'm looking forward to this because it looks cool / different. I could care less who is writing it or why.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I'm looking forward to this because it looks cool / different. I could care less who is writing it or why.
    Same here, man. Same here. Good to see a fellow optimist!

Out of morbid curiosity, I'll check it out but my expectations are not that high.

Mighty Member

It still smells a lot like nepotism, but I almost fell bad for the level of hate received by Henry Abrams, who seem a nice kid. I will check it for curiosity.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

I'll be getting this when it comes out, for sure. Hope it lives up to the sales pitch.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)