Default Is it the time for Miles Morales?

There's an article at the main page asking Can Sony's Spider-Man Survive the Loss of His MCU Supporting Cast? Well, here's a bold solution for that: why not kill him right away, and start fresh with Miles Morales? He would have his own cast, his own motivations, and no links to the MCU guys. It's not as if we had few films starred by Peter Parker, anyway.

honestly thats not a bad idea although I think Sony wants to do a Venom and Spiderman movie first
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Miles should have been the MCU Spider-man in the first place instead of Peter given the diverse casting in Spider-man:Homecoming.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    There's an article at the main page asking Can Sony's Spider-Man Survive the Loss of His MCU Supporting Cast? Well, here's a bold solution for that: why not kill him right away, and start fresh with Miles Morales? He would have his own cast, his own motivations, and no links to the MCU guys. It's not as if we had few films starred by Peter Parker, anyway.
    Unlikely. Tom Holland is their actor. He's young, he's not exactly a bankable leading man being more an indie character actor at heart so he has no leverage vis-a-vis Sony. Andrew Garfield had a Scorsese movie he could go to when the Amazing movies crashed. It's a pain to go through recasting and so on. So Sony will continue with this cast for at least another movie or two.

And besides, Tom Holland is also tied to an upcoming Uncharted movie adaptation. Uncharted is an entirely Sony owned IP. So Sony have him over the barrel. Aside from that he's got minor voice-acting gigs for upcoming Disney movies. Like RDJ is planning a Dr. Doolittle movie where Tom Holland will voice one of the pet animals he talks to (which is not far from their relationship in the MCU).

Spider-Man is different than RDJ. It can never be tied to one actor the way RDJ is with Iron Man. So the process of recasting Peter and so on is common enough.

I think there will be a Miles Morales live-action sooner than later, though.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Won't lie I'm not seeing anymore Spider-Man related movies but there's no way I'd skip a Miles movie. MCU or not
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I feel like at this point it would just be to strange having a Spider-Man completely divorced from the MCU regardless of which guy it is under the mask. They may be able to tell a great story with Miles, but people will just find it off that Spider-Man is no longer connected to the MCU after they tied Peter so heavily to Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    I feel like at this point it would just be to strange having a Spider-Man completely divorced from the MCU regardless of which guy it is under the mask. They may be able to tell a great story with Miles, but people will just find it off that Spider-Man is no longer connected to the MCU after they tied Peter so heavily to Tony.
    unless they delay the live action movies by like 4 years the average consumer will forget
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I don't think so. Spider-Man the character has appeared in films pretty regularly people aren't going to just forget him in 4 years.

2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018(x2), 2019(x2). He's back as probably the most popular super hero (as he should). People don't just forget that.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I don't really think Spider-Man needs his MCU supporting cast to thrive if that means we get less of Happy Hogan or some random Marvel hero and instead see his actual supporting cast developed more. Maybe actually do something meaningful with Aunt May.

Besides, if Holland's contracted for two more movies then, MCU or not, I'd say let him do 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Unlikely. Tom Holland is their actor. He's young, he's not exactly a bankable leading man being more an indie character actor at heart so he has no leverage vis-a-vis Sony. Andrew Garfield had a Scorsese movie he could go to when the Amazing movies crashed. It's a pain to go through recasting and so on. So Sony will continue with this cast for at least another movie or two.

And besides, Tom Holland is also tied to an upcoming Uncharted movie adaptation. Uncharted is an entirely Sony owned IP. So Sony have him over the barrel. Aside from that he's got minor voice-acting gigs for upcoming Disney movies. Like RDJ is planning a Dr. Doolittle movie where Tom Holland will voice one of the pet animals he talks to (which is not far from their relationship in the MCU).

Spider-Man is different than RDJ. It can never be tied to one actor the way RDJ is with Iron Man. So the process of recasting Peter and so on is common enough.

I think there will be a Miles Morales live-action sooner than later, though.
    Who says they have to get rid of Tom Holland? As his secret identity is out, the stage is clear. Spider-Man 3 should begin right after the first stinger of FFH. It should be about several villains teaming up against him, ending in an epic battle right outside his house. Ultimate Marvel did first the death of Spider-Man and then introduced Miles, but the film should be doing both things. On one side, Peter has his ultimate fight, on the other, Miles Morales get his powers (or perhaps some little time earlier), discovers what's going on and rushes to the battle. He arrives late and Peter dies, so it's up to Miles to complete the job. And in a second film, Miles Morales is still under the shadow of the original Spider-Man, so Peter appears in many flashback scenes.

So, the big questions... where are Happy, Nick Fury, the Avengers, etc? Make everything happen so suddenly, so fast, that the fandom can simply say "they had no time to react" (as it always happened in the MCU with the Avengers during the crises at the solo films). The second one would be completely deprived of MCU content, even if implicit, and as a brand new character without those MCU links that Peter has, it would be less jarring. But would it be a MCU film or not? Legally, it wouldn't. It would be a Sony film, produced and distributed by Sony, with Sony earning the profits. Would it take place in the same "world"? Let the audiences figure that out, if so they want. The film can simply do the same as Venom: do not include MCU stuff, but do not contradict it either: if someone wants to believe that SHIELD and Stark Industries are still out there somewhere, let them be happy, it would be strictly a fandom thing anyway.

Miles is under the Sony umbrella as well isn't he? If so, Marvel is right back where it started.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Here's what Sony need to do. In the next movie, Tom Holland's Peter battles Kraven and the Spider-Slayers as his identity is exposed and so on. At some point in the movie, either in the middle or the end...a mysterious man called Ezekiel offers him "the chance of a lifetime and a solution to your secret identity problems". And then Ezekiel turns on a device and opens a portal and Tom Holland walks through and we see an animated version of him in the end credits done in the ITSV style.

Then do the ITSV sequel in which thanks to dimensional shenanigans, Tom Holland Peter ends up in another dimension at the end, do the stinger in live-action, where his identity is secret again and you have the same cast but slightly different. Only one or two people might know what really happened. Make it MJ and that's it. Peter graduates from Midtown and is set to go to college in the stinger. And that.

Then the fourth Spider-Man movie with the Sinister Six. And that's pretty much it. This keeps all the options open for Sony. You can move Tom Holland Spider-Man into the Spider-Verse where he interacts with Shameik Moore's Miles, he can go to Tom Hardy's Venom, he can even interact with Tobey Peter and Andrew Peter.