Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Powers of x [03] : This is what you do (spoilers)

So we come upon the Church of Acendancy and the humans are transforming a human baby into techno machine. Kind of reminded me of Cable.

Xorn / North / Rasputin / Cardinal are wrecking the area as a distraction for the others which went to go find that information Percival and Cylobel died for

Marshmellow Nimrod cannot be bothered so Omega Sentinel goes to the scene

Cardinal ate a seed that would get rid of his pacisifist sensibilities

KrakoaCypher locates the info needed and just as there about to leave Wolverine gets blasted by Nimrod

Apocalypse tells him to go and KrakoaCypher opens a portal for Wolverine to leave

Green Magneto is a chimera of Dane/Frost named North. He gets blasted by a sentinel and Cardinal dies off panel. It just Xorn and Rasputin left against Omega Sentinel but she pulls off his mask and a big bang blast destroys them all

Back to Logan walking towards celestial tomb

It opens to show Moira and he tells her Apocalypse created an easy way to extract info and he puts the crystal that everyone has died for into her and she's like "Now what?"

And he's like we have to send you on her way and he says sorry

and she's like its what you do

and he stabs Moira and there ends her 9th life

FYI the art looked really damn good in many pages

I like this issue better than last and some of you were right about this being Moira's 9th life

Wish we had seen more of North but he got taken out real quick by a Sentinel.

Surprised that Logan still looks that good shouldnt he look more like Old Man Logan?
    Last edited by CGAR; 08-21-2019 at 05:35 AM.

After all this talk about these new characters they are gone...(before we even got to see what north could do).

I am not sure if i feel good about being right that the future was the life 9 forever war..becuse we still have a future that i don't get (life 6 she invents ai?!)...

I do think if Mx showed apocalypse this time line it would explain why he is with excalibur in October
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Surprised that Logan still looks that good shouldnt he look more like Old Man Logan?
    Being a horseman can come with advantages.

Still want to know about "rescuing the first one"
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Amazing Member

My only complaint about this is it was too short!

I think X3 is the same 9th life timeline. What we just saw was the “surprising end” of the war perhaps?

Also on my comiXology version the 4th life now doesn’t have an end and there is an interruption across all the lives. Hmmmmm

So, what about the X^3 scenes? It seems to me that they are too closely related to the X^2 ones to be something else than a post-human future as dreamed by the church of ascendancy...

Great issue once more. Even if I really would like to see more of that life of Moira and some of its characters.

Anyway, I really wonder how the next PoX issues will deal with the future: it seems to me a bit unlikely that Hickman would step aside from telling new scenes set in X^2 and X^3 years, but surely then he would have some other tricks to please us. There's still plenty of issues, and I wonder what will be the situation of the narrative after the two next ones, both set in HoX book... (and there's a full run coming soon after that...)
    Last edited by Abe; 08-21-2019 at 06:15 AM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post

I think X3 is the same 9th life timeline. What we just saw was the “surprising end” of the war perhaps?

Also on my comiXology version the 4th life now doesn’t have an end and there is an interruption across all the lives. Hmmmmm
    The break is a symbol for a shortening. Because the original timeline was four pages and this one is only two.

I guess so...

Hmmm.... need to check that...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Is it different than this?

Edit: Just read the issue. There's no interruption, it's just something people do in graphics to keep the same scale and fit more information into the same space. It happened twice, that's why there's no end her first and forth lives.
    Last edited by Alex.; 08-21-2019 at 07:19 AM.

Another great issue out of Hickman. Hate to see the Chimera's meet their end so soon but now hopefully some other characters can get some page time. Can't wait for HOX3.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Well, this explains the "not an alt future/time travel story" stuff. Quite liked how everything wrapped out.

Who is the Freeman used in Cardinal's template?

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Well, this explains the "not an alt future/time travel story" stuff. Quite liked how everything wrapped out.

Who is the Freeman used in Cardinal's template?
    Francis Freeman

so the 1000 year story is prob life 10 future and moira acends and is all "we got it right this time ya'll. Heres what we really do."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Francis Freeman
    I doubt it.

He's from the films.
    https://marvel-movies.fandom.com/wiki/Francis_Freeman

In the comics, he's Francis Fanny.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Franc...ny_(Earth-616)

So this is a different Freeman, a totally new character, or Hickman didn't research beyond DP films. lol

I think X^3 is still Moira 9, because they have Cylobel in the tank. That future represents a Machine ending for humanity, which wasn’t that bad ultimately apart from the massively destructive war. I figure now we’ll be looking for a more biological/evolutionary future in contrast to that, and guided by mutantkind.

Overall, this issue’s twist was well hidden in plain sight, and there were only a couple of red herrings to throw us off the scent (Xandra and the very HoX-like Krakoa). Again, repeated phrases, motifs and diagrams keep the presentation of the timeline shenanigans simple enough to follow.

Oh yeah, and now it looks like the timelines do endure beyond Moira’s death.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 08-21-2019 at 06:33 AM.

BANNED

Well, the mad lad who said this was the ninth life was absolutely right. God damn, this was an amazing end. I guess now PoX will be all about Xavier and Sinister. NOICE.

This was a great issue, btw. God bless Hickman. And Silva for how much he's KILLING IT.

10/10.