Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Damn it, I wanted to see Green Maggy in action. So many characters shot down this issue . This is the first time I enjoyed the issue all the way through, usually i'm not feeling PoX like that. Nimrod was also great as usual.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Just realized Xorn wears his earth 1610 costume or ultimate version...

This issue was fantastic. Another 5/5 for me. I would have loved to see more of Apocalypse vs Nimrod but what we got was still great. Logan was much more in character this time, and Moira's line "this is what you do" was just chilling, Logan's always been the one to make the tough call and Moira and Apocalypse knew they could count on him to to the dirty work. Xorn was awesome, really hope that's not it for him, same with the chimera's. I'm just loving this so far.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post

Oh yeah, and now it looks like the timelines do endure beyond Moira’s death.
    This is what I think Excalibur is about, actually - the team going through the previous 9 timelines for some reason.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Wait has someone decoded this week's and last week's message yet?

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    Wait has someone decoded this week's and last week's message yet?
    It will be done, and Once more unto the breach.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Donny Cates keeps sucking people up in black holes and spitting them out.
    Even if you somehow didn’t get turn apart, it’d basically take you an infinite amount of time to even cross the event horizon. I call bullshit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I see people stating a lot of 'facts' which amuses me.
    Yeah yeah you giggle and scoff without bringing anything to to the tables except cynicism.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Just realized Xorn wears his earth 1610 costume or ultimate version...
    It's his costume, but the Ultimate Kuan-Yin Xorn wasn't a Mutant, he was from a super soldier program, and he didn't have a sun/black-hole brain like the 616 version, or the Ultimate Shen, he only had telepathy and telekinesis.

Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    Yes, but she can’t be Marvel Girl forever and editorial doesn’t want another Phoenix story with Jean. Cardinal may be a reference to Jean through the Phoenix without it being a Phoenix story and instead is more about Jean’s own powers manifesting in a new way.
    My bet. Marvel will never have another Dark Phoenix story about Jean.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    My bet. Marvel will never have another Dark Phoenix story about Jean.
    We are going TOTALLY off topic here. But we all saw Jean saying goodbye to the P-force, so indeed very very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Looks like it’s headed this way. Why else would she seek out Apocalypse? He was described as a solution she hadn’t tried — not sure that “solution” means his world view. Isn’t it canon his immortality is facilitated by taking over a host body? Still, she clearly died in this issue so...
    Last week I would have agreed with you. I am starting to lean towards the idea that Moira has already taken the cure in M10 before she reached puberty. So Magneto saying ‘you are a mutant’ is a deliberate red herring. She was one. What she shows him demonstrates that, but she is all in on this timeline and is ready to forge ahead with a solid plan.

That plan will inevitably lead to a new problem that no one has thought of which will change the status quo of the mutants and launch the new X-Men books with a clean slate.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasklein83 View Post
    2) Does anyone else think 10 years is too short a time frame for the events of X-Men 1 to the present. I think you need 10 years just to get to the start of Morrison’s run, and then at least another three to fit in his run, M-Day, Utopia, AvX, etc. That being said, Marvel doesn’t want to move too far beyond ten years because of their asinine obsession with keeping Peter Parker perpetually in his mid 20s.
    It is entirely up to you. If you think 10 years is too short then pick a number. It’s all X^2. This is the way J.D.White sees it, so you would be in the company of the man who tells the other writers how to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    This is what I think Excalibur is about, actually - the team going through the previous 9 timelines for some reason.
    I kind of hope not. I want Excalibur as the magic oriented X-book and this would make it way too much sci-fi.
    Does sound like a decent initial hook for a new Exiles, thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I kind of hope not. I want Excalibur as the magic oriented X-book and this would make it way too much sci-fi.
    Does sound like a decent initial hook for a new Exiles, thought.
    Me too. Mutant Magik sounds better then time travel.